• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

That's around double FMV :screwy:
I agree

Methinks he hopes for either an inexperienced buyer with deep pockets, or a Make an Offer between his BIN and FMV. I wish him luck but IDK if that is going to happen (shrug)

Those brittle pages are killer. :sick:

not my personal preference either, I'd rather have restored copies with decent PQ. however, the #10 in this eBay lot last sold for $30,500 through Comic Connect, so there is a market for these books in almost any condition, just not much supply.

I agree

Still very cool to see all three as a set. :)

for sure. As well as the pre robins he has up. The action 7 is intriguing as to "how and where" slightly brittle the paper is. Sometimes it's really in an isolated area and not very bad at all but one would have to crack it to find out. Roll the dice and resub and maybe get a PQ upgrade. I once had a Cap 1 that CGC labeled slightly brittle. I cracked it out and I didn't see anything of that sort. The paper was dark though but still supple and survived any flick tests. (shrug)

I agree

for sure. As well as the pre robins he has up. The action 7 is intriguing as to "how and where" slightly brittle the paper is. Sometimes it's really in an isolated area and not very bad at all but one would have to crack it to find out. Roll the dice and resub and maybe get a PQ upgrade. I once had a Cap 1 that CGC labeled slightly brittle. I cracked it out and I didn't see anything of that sort. The paper was dark though but still supple and survived any flick tests. (shrug)

I admire your fortitude in flicking possibly brittle pages in a Cap 1! :o

I agree

I recalled the Action 7 1.8 slightly brittle was at CL and it sold for like about 22K. Some books like the SB can have a role of the dice for a PQ upgrade "the flick tests" ;) . On another note, does any know if the hole punched 2.0 sold? Last time I saw the hole punched had a bid of 33K.

I agree

I recalled the Action 7 1.8 slightly brittle was at CL and it sold for like about 22K. Some books like the SB can have a role of the dice for a PQ upgrade "the flick tests" ;) . On another note, does any know if the hole punched 2.0 sold? Last time I saw the hole punched had a bid of 33K.

I thought the hole punched copy sold for $36k last year? It had good eye appeal otherwise.

I agree

I admire your fortitude in flicking possibly brittle pages in a Cap 1! :o

thanks. I guess CGC "flicks" harder? :grin:

I believe filter81 sold Keith the action7. I can tell you it went for WAY more than 22k

I was the supposed buyer of the action7 cgc 2.0 hole punch copy at 33k on clink a few months ago but the seller flaked and decided not to sell (even after clink called and confirmed). C'est la vie

With all of the prices being thrown around in this thread for other low grade copies it sounds like $119,000 isn't too far off for those three books.

With all of the prices being thrown around in this thread for other low grade copies it sounds like $119,000 isn't too far off for those three books.

It's better priced now, for he switched the A13 1.5 WP to a A13 1.0 SB.

I believe filter81 sold Keith the action7. I can tell you it went for WAY more than 22k

I was the supposed buyer of the action7 cgc 2.0 hole punch copy at 33k on clink a few months ago but the seller flaked and decided not to sell (even after clink called and confirmed). C'est la vie

Good to know, it never sold. I remember the stronger offer on CL when it was reduced twice.