• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

With an uncertified 2.5 copy selling for over $3000 tonight, I'm happy I took the plunge on this one. 2 back cover corner creases knocked it down to 8.0.

George Olshevsky Copy.

Marvel46CGC80_zps2aedc86e.jpg

:golfclap: ..... and let's face it.... the 2.5 just wouldn't fit in with the rest of your crew. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Picked up this MMC #28 after all the talks in the other thread...couldnt help myself such a neat book...It is in a non CGC holder at this time so I cut it out of the pic but it is a 2.5...Any idea what the, "P" marking could mean? I believe some of the Pennsylvania books had various marks like this if I am not mistaken...I do not know much about Pedigree books though so not really sure sorry...also this is a low grade book so I am not banking on it being a ped or anything just curious about the possible history...the more knowledge the better I guess...thanks gents :)

13937754786_c79a51a96c_c.jpg

Picked up this MMC #28 after all the talks in the other thread...couldnt help myself such a neat book...It is in a non CGC holder at this time so I cut it out of the pic but it is a 2.5...Any idea what the, "P" marking could mean? I believe some of the Pennsylvania books had various marks like this if I am not mistaken...I do not know much about Pedigree books though so not really sure sorry...also this is a low grade book so I am not banking on it being a ped or anything just curious about the possible history...the more knowledge the better I guess...thanks gents :)

most codes refer to a distributor code that was particular for that title so it was easier for the drug store/newstand to track the titles as far as sales/ordering more titles/saving titles for regular customers (ie Lamont Larson). The "P" is somewhat common on GA books but the Penn Ped certainly has them.

most codes refer to a distributor code that was particular for that title so it was easier for the drug store/newstand to track the titles as far as sales/ordering more titles/saving titles for regular customers (ie Lamont Larson). The "P" is somewhat common on GA books but the Penn Ped certainly has them.

:hi: thanks for the info Bro!! good stuff as always appreciate it...u da man (thumbs u

Fantastic cover!! Congrats on the pic up.

picked up some Timely pieces today...

I was quite pleased when I determined which books they belonged to:

All-Select Comics 1

Daring Comics 10

Marvel Mystery Comics 21

USA Comics 9

Also picked up a Venus 16 and an Amazing Mysteries 32.

Fun stuff. :cloud9:

pics :baiting::grin:

I tried for a while but photobucket has completely failed me...

here goes nothing...

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR THE TERRIBLE PICTURES!!!

and even though they're low grade...believe me, you can't go wrong for the price!

MMC 21

missing first two wraps and maybe CF?

IMAG1616_zpsyshsq96x.jpg

USA 9

missing first two wraps :shrug:

IMAG1617_zpsbc3mvmm4.jpg

All-Select 1

coverless :headbang:

IMAG1618_zpsdqbhbzh0.jpg

Daring 10

pages with Namor, Human Torch, Angel

IMAG1619_zpsdxmje2zh.jpg

Venus 16

incomplete but with cover :shrug:

IMAG1615_zpsjrhsrc0s.jpg

here goes nothing...

and even though they're low grade...believe me, you can't go wrong for the price!

MMC 21

IMAG1616_zpsyshsq96x.jpg

USA 9

IMAG1617_zpsbc3mvmm4.jpg

All-Select 1

IMAG1618_zpsdqbhbzh0.jpg

Daring 10

IMAG1619_zpsdxmje2zh.jpg

Venus 16

incomplete but with cover :shrug:

IMAG1615_zpsjrhsrc0s.jpg

cool!!

here goes nothing...

MMC 21

IMAG1616_zpsyshsq96x.jpg

USA 9

IMAG1617_zpsbc3mvmm4.jpg

All-Select 1

IMAG1618_zpsdqbhbzh0.jpg

Daring 10

IMAG1619_zpsdxmje2zh.jpg