• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Here's something you don't see everyday...two of the 9.8 #227 are up for auction.

The ebay one is a unbid reserve starting price of $4500 and a BIN of $7000.

The Pedigree one is sitting at $3000 with five days to go.

Considering there are only 8 of these in the population, that is pretty wild to see.

Bob

Here's something you don't see everyday...two of the 9.8 #227 are up for auction.

The ebay one is a unbid reserve starting price of $4500 and a BIN of $7000.

The Pedigree one is sitting at $3000 with five days to go.

Considering there are only 8 of these in the population, that is pretty wild to see.

Bob

I can't seem to find the Pedigree one. At that price, I may consider shooting for it and selling my 9.4 to help fund it.

Still a nice book. Only thing that would give me pause is the lower staple area looks like stress from a press job. I've come to accept pressing as a fact of life, but sometimes it does hurt the paper depending how the staple is aligned. Probably nothing.

Still a nice book. Only thing that would give me pause is the lower staple area looks like stress from a press job. I've come to accept pressing as a fact of life, but sometimes it does hurt the paper depending how the staple is aligned. Probably nothing.

On the flip side, as the small study showed, it does help to restore the suppleness of the paper (can't remember how/why) so the books should look pretty for longer. lol

The Pedigree Auction one is sitting at $4200 right now...

Up to $5k now. Bit surprising to be honest. I'd want the corners to be razor sharp if I was plonking down for a 9.8.

And the pages to be White and nicely centered......