• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,225 posts in this topic

ahhhhh, AiT #13 DOES have quite a nice cover, despite the lack of the "13th Floor" gimmick. Maybe the editors knew what they were up to after all.... crazy.gif

783559-AiT13.jpg

Did I mention this was a Bill Everett?

783559-AiT13.jpg.cc1f867d53e995650f8820ce4ad9a950.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

I think this meets the established standard for the thread.

Was that pun intended, Adam?! wink.gif

Caught red-handed. Yes, I'm a punographer.

Speaking of which, two old ladies went for a tramp in the woods, but he got away.

Great book! Has eluded me for years now! frustrated.gif

I didn't realize the scarcity of it, though in grade most of the pre-codes are quite tough. I love the colors on it!

The Everett covers on two of the Adv Into Terror are superb. I never noticed the shrunken head on the 13 before! thumbsup2.gif

It's sure to go up in value now! gossip.gif

BTW - I do have an extra copy if anyone would like to make a trade offer. hi.gif

The OSG I was looking at did not list those under the Timely imprint. Also, neither did the TTTTT index. I do not have any copies of Amazing Mysteries to double check. Sorry if this is really an oversight. Anyone have any scans for evidence? That would be great! If anyone wants to vote Timely, I guess they'll have to settle for the Atlas imprint or just say so in a post. sorry.gif

Edited by precodekeith

The OSG I was looking at did not list those under the Timely imprint. Also, neither did the TTTTT index. I do not have any copies of Amazing Mysteries to double check. Sorry if this is really an oversight. Anyone have any scans for evidence? That would be great! If anyone wants to vote Timely, I guess they'll have to settle for the Atlas imprint or just say so in a post. sorry.gif

Gerber: Comic Combine Corp (Marvel)

GCD: Marvel

The issue right before the AM is Subby 32 which I've never heard referred to as Atlas so I'm think they are Timely. I'll admit to not remembering or not reading about when Timely switched over to Atlas. The creators in the 50s never thought of themselves as working for Atlas as that was the distribution company.

Looking at Gerber, Marvel Tales 93-96 all have Marvel comics logo. Atlas bug occurs with 115, June 1953.

Edited by adamstrange

Is this weird or what... Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Last Man on Earth, and House of Wax were all old horror flicks. Dig these story titles.... coincidence? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

783668-AiT24.jpg

783668-AiT24.jpg.58609f8c77980a2937350c614a71090f.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

Thanks for the info Adam! thumbsup2.gif

If anyone wants to vote for Marvel or Timely as seperate entities from the Atlas imprint, please feel free to do so in a post. I don't think I can modify the poll once it has started.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the info Adam! thumbsup2.gif

If anyone wants to vote for Marvel or Timely as seperate entities from the Atlas imprint, please feel free to do so in a post. I don't think I can modify the poll once it has started.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not that I don't trust you, but I did check your list against TTTT #3. (You passed!) thumbsup2.gif

When several companies are just part of a larger corporate entity, TTTT lists them under just one banner. I think that's appropriate for Toby/Minoan so I don't know why I wouldn't think that for Timely/Atlas. Same corporate owner, same editor, with several titles transitioning from Timely to Atlas. Sounds like one company to me.