• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,225 posts in this topic

We have a thread for recent purchases, but how about those dusty horror tomes in everyone's vaults that have been there for awhile? confused-smiley-013.gif

Let's make this the place to post ALL of our favorite pre-code horror books, and talk about everything pre-code horror related in general.

While we're at it...

And I already posted this, but I have had it for awhile in my collection. It got me thinking about "well, this isn't recent , but..."

So really, this one inspired me to do the thread and the poll.

782804-AiD%238.jpg

589a8e840733f_782804-AiD8.jpg.c1725414b58fa5f8850515c300d06c33.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

Hey Keith... When I first posted the "Recent Pre-Code Purchases" thread, I didn't plan on it lasting for so long... I thought I was just going to post a few of my new books and then the thread would fade into obscurity.

Since the thread has such a huge amount of posts in it now and is now pinned at the top of the GA forum list, how about we ask Arch to change the title from "Recent Pre-Code Purchases" to simply "Pre-Code Horror" or something like that? This way, everything can be put together. I think a lot of people have been posting their dusty tomes in that thread anyway.

This means that we can see everything in one thread instead of having to keep up with two of them with arbitrary separations. What do you think?

Actually, I don't mind the two distinct threads. I kinda like it. I don't think it's a big deal, really. Just MHO. There are sundry other topics that have had more than one thread for them, so why not pre-code horror? confused-smiley-013.gif

This means that we can see everything in one thread instead of having to keep up with two of them with arbitrary separations. What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea to me. thumbsup2.gif And here's two kinda recent (i.e. purchased this year) books to contribute. Both picked up on ebay. grin.gif

outshadows.jpg

darkmysteries21.jpg

Woo-hoo, I'm the one person who voted for Prize!!! headbang.gif

Ya'll don't know what yer missing. gossip.gif More for me, more for me! 27_laughing.gif

BTW, does the recent pinning of Paull's thread now mean that PCH is "hot" again? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I know there's still a lot of mixed emotions about there about the spike in prices in the early 90's (and not undeseverdly so) but the horror books have been relatively "cool" for several years now. Are we due for yet another boom period?

Woo-hoo, I'm the one person who voted for Prize!!! headbang.gif

Ya'll don't know what yer missing. gossip.gif More for me, more for me! 27_laughing.gif

BTW, does the recent pinning of Paull's thread now mean that PCH is "hot" again? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I know there's still a lot of mixed emotions about there about the spike in prices in the early 90's (and not undeseverdly so) but the horror books have been relatively "cool" for several years now. Are we due for yet another boom period?

I think prices are relatively stable, except for a handful of icon and heavily in demand, genuinely scarce books that rarely turn up in any kind of decent shape. Even Strange Tales 1, a book I considered to be very tough to find even in VGF has turned up on ebay in the FN range three times in the last couple of months (admittedly after a year long absence). Prices weren't too far from guide, although guide is high on that book......

On the other hand there's the Gaines File Copies - the horror / crime titles (especially books such as Crime 22, Shock 6, Crypt 17, Vault 12 etc.) go for crazy amounts if the book is 9.2 and above - certainly more than the Sc-fi or War books. That market has never cooled off.

I voted for EC, Avon and Superior. But dang it all I could have voted for a lot more and been as sincere! I mean - are you trying to give us apoplexy?! insane.gif

You are on to me and my plot, Pov! I want you all to get apoplexy by limiting your choices to three publishers so I can come scoop your collections from your grieving estates...... bwahahahaha!!!! shy.gif