• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

I don't shoot free throws. I take off from there and slam it.

I lowered our middle school gym's goal to 9 feet the other day and I was able to slam with relative ease.... if only :cloud9:

White Men Can't Jump. lol

certainly not like I used too lol

I lowered our middle school gym's goal to 9 feet the other day and I was able to slam with relative ease.... if only :cloud9:

So if we were playing on 9 ft. goals and I threw one down on you, would that hurt your feelings?

So if we were playing on 9 ft. goals and I threw one down on you, would that hurt your feelings?

:o

not going to happen ;)

Highest setting I could still "stuff" from was 9' 7"....and that was just barely...at 9' 8" I just couldn't get it down clean.... 10 years ago, no problem getting my hand over the rim (never could slam a bball, but could slam a volleyball or tennis ball)

Highest setting I could still "stuff" from was 9' 7"....and that was just barely...at 9' 8" I just couldn't get it down clean.... 10 years ago, no problem getting my hand over the rim (never could slam a bball, but could slam a volleyball or tennis ball)

Same here Rick. In my 20s and 30s, I could dunk a volleyball.

It gets worse when you get over 50. lol

What do you think of the 1.5 supe 1 posted on Clink today? Might be the nicest 1.5 "eye appeal" wise.. Then again, not sure what the BC looks like.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=1011127

john wise's copy on comic connect and this copy on clink ...both 50K+ copies for sure...

Same here Rick. In my 20s and 30s, I could dunk a volleyball.

It gets worse when you get over 50. lol

I could still grab the rim 3 years ago...I just need to lose 10 pounds... by Chicago con this august, I will get the rim again!

General question: I know the market has its ups and downs for all kinds of different reasons. Right now it seems like the books listed below have been on the up-swing for years . Do you think that these keys will dip below the last 5 year price range? or are these current prices here to stay and going to continue on the upswing? Is this the wrong time to purchase these books ? any opinions are welcome and thanks !

The major silver age keys:

showcase #4

x-men #1

AMF #15

JIM #83

AMS #1

Hulk #1

TOS #39

I know this is the golden age form but Gator knows silver as well so no offense !

Edited by paul747

General question: I know the market has its ups and downs for all kinds of different reasons. Right now it seems like the books listed below have been on the up-swing for years . Do you think that these keys will dip below the last 5 year price range? or are these current prices here to stay and going to continue on the upswing? Is this the wrong time to purchase these books ? any opinions are welcome and thanks !

The major silver age keys:

showcase #4

x-men #1

AMF #15

JIM #83

AMS #1

Hulk #1

TOS #39

I know this is the golden age form but Gator knows silver as well so no offense !

I would (and do) buy every one of these books at today's prices And fully expect them to appreciate over the next 5 years (ups and downs of course but the old 2 steps forward for every one step back)

I've got a question... it seems that FF 48 has been selling well above OS in all grades. Is this an accurate observation? And if so, what might be the explantion for it?

Unfortunately ospg is not (and has not) been an accurate price guide in years. Great tool/wealth of information but in today's fast paced comic book marketplace, an annually released price guide just can't accurate reflect up to the minute market trends

I've got a question... it seems that FF 48 has been selling well above OS in all grades. Is this an accurate observation? And if so, what might be the explantion for it?

Unfortunately ospg is not (and has not) been an accurate price guide in years. Great tool/wealth of information but in today's fast paced comic book marketplace, an annually released price guide just can't accurate reflect up to the minute market trends

bob still hasn't warmed up to your idea of an online/quarterly updated price guide? :)

What I was really wondering was, can someone explain why FF 48 seems to be so hot right now?

What I was really wondering was, can someone explain why FF 48 seems to be so hot right now?

Looks like book is flat in some grades, trending down in other grades, and only a modest rise in a few grades (shrug)

Gator, for such a hard book to find especially in high grade, why is batman 59 so undervalued price wise

Cool cover but a run filler of a book. Not high demand so even with limited supply price is restricted

While on the subject of Batman, and price guide, I'm trying to fill significant gaps in a Batman run. Could you give some insight on Gold/Silver Batmans and Detectives that seem to go a good amount both above and below guide. I had a heck of a time finding a reasonable copy of Batman 92, yet 105 seems to be very reasonable with respect to the price listed in the guide. Thanks in advance.

Edited by hippiecop

I'm going to have a really nice copy of Detective #141 in a few weeks (PM me if interested). This is a tough black cover that rarely shows up in high grade (or at all - CGC census data is basically non-existent).

Rick - have you ever sold a copy?