• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

I also saw it tonight. I thought it was excellent. I'll have to wait a little bit to get some perspective, as I always tend to overrate movies in the immediate aftermath while I'm still pumped up. But I think this is clearly a top three Marvel movie, along with Avengers and the first Iron Man. Maybe top two.

Ironically, the only thing I thought could have been better was if it had been more self contained and less connected to some of the other films. That stuff didn't get in the way like it did in Iron Man 2, but the need to set up things for future films slightly deflated the ending for me. Just slightly, though. Still, this one was good enough to stand on its own.

So good.

And now I find myself really looking forward to next Tuesday's episode of Agents of SHIELD as well.

Edited by Crimebuster

Yup.

Just came back from seeing it myself. Gonna go again this weekend with a group of friends.

GREAT MOVIE.

Quite a few new characters introduced, more than just those during the bonus scene(s). Marvel Studios knocked it out of the park once again. Just like the old books used to do, events in this movie will affect the Marvel movie universe as a whole.

Just like 50 some years ago, after reading a Marvel book I looked forward to the next ones to see where things were headed, these movies are doing the same for me. I think Simon and Kirby would be proud of what these new creators are doing with their character in a different media.

Well done.

Saw it last night and REALLY enjoyed it. Hands down one of the best Marvel stand alone movies to date.

Darker and more violent then what has gone before, less humour & cheese i.e. Iron Man 3.

The directors insisted on filming live action where possible and not using so much CGI and that makes the film look grounded and realistic. I love the Winter Soldier as a villain and this movie actually makes Captain America an interesting character, Evans plays the role well and is fleshed much more then just the making up the numbers as he did in the Avengers. I never really cared for the character from the 1st movie or watching The Avengers but Cap 2 actually succeeds in making me interested in seeing more of the character and maybe even reading some of the books.

The fight scenes are awesome, the hand-to-hand combat are edited well, very Bourne-esq. I really liked Falcon and his introduction into the movie as well.

I always felt the first movie was weak while this one blows it out of the park. I will definitely go see it again.

Now I have to go do some research regarding the end credits stuff cause I have no clue about the Marvel universe.

Loved this movie! Had a kid in the candy store moment when they first introduce Falcon's wings. Can't wait to see it again to pick up on more easter eggs and hints at more Marvel cinematic universe to come. So much more to talk about here but can't because of spoilers. Too bad Tom Hanks dies at the end.

I'm scared to see this now since everyone is applauding it. So used to seeing lots of nit picking and cynicism with comic book movie reviews on the boards.

There is always going to be "that guy" from the boards who is going to try to rip into a very good movie. I just don't see how someone will be able to for this one.

These reviews, including mine, are from people who went to some of the first screenings (in the US, anyway).

It stands to reason these are the ones most anxious to see it, likely fans of the previous movie(s), and most likely to leave good reviews.

As others make it to the theaters with less enthusiasm (not all, but some) the reviews will probably reflect this. I'm expecting the usual complaints, those who miss story details and claim "plot-holes", etc.

eg: "In The Avengers, how did Banner manage to find the rest of the Avengers in New York after he fell from the Helli-carrier? Plot hole!"

Answer: as clearly shown in the movie, Banner's computer located the gamma emission source as Stark Tower, Banner saw this and exclaimed "What the.." (or something like that) right as the Helli-carrier was attacked. He didn't have time to share his discovery with the others, as he and the Widow fell to a lower floor due to the explosions. He then turned into the Hulk, against his will, due to Loki the trickster's influence. So he couldn't share this information with the Black Widow as he was trying to kill her.

He turned back to Banner, and he knew exactly where to go for the finale.

We all saw it last night at the Wizard World VIP party, it was in 3-d, I was really impressed with the entire movie, for the people in this thread so far that saw it

We were going back and forth last night about the first ending after the credits, everyone was debating that the ending was a tie in for the next x-men movie

Any thoughts (shrug)

I haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to it though as everything I've seen or heard so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

My only other thought is that this should be the official "Cap 2" movie thread so that the first page of CG doesn't fill up with people starting their own threads after they see it this weekend. :wishluck:

Coming from someone who knows nothing about Captain America from the comics, my only reference being the 2 movies he's featured in... I can safely say from a non-fan boy position that this is an awesome action movie.

Coming from someone who knows nothing about Captain America from the comics, my only reference being the 2 movies he's featured in... I can safely say from a non-fan boy position that this is an awesome action movie.

I am headed out to see it now with a bunch of friends. I hope it`s a good movie. :wishluck: