• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if you meant I sold em too cheap or if I kicked butt with the sale haha. I owned a comic books shop here in Rochester NY back in the 90s. Closed in 06. I am DEFINITELY not up to date with what's hot and not anymore. I literally stored away about 10,000 books when I closed. Ebay id is classic-arcades2 (I also deal in coin op stuff) Sold a silver age lot on here today, shipped already, hoping to gain a good rep. I am planning on selling the collection off over the next year or so. Mostly golden age and silver but about 3000 or so newer books (1990s -early 200s) - which is where this particular run came from.hope this helps.

Thanks

Frank

In his profile, F.Palma lists a business website (a gold/silver/collectibles store). That store is located about a half-mile from my house. :o Easy for me to check out the situation - I just reached out via PM.

On one of the pages of that website, there's mention that he is a previous owner of Palma Brothers Comics in Rochester. So, this is rapidly starting to sound legit.

Actually I did a quick eBay search. Saw a run from 1-66 sell for $250. I figured I have 1-25 and wanted to sell, not sit. So I decided to post at the price I posted at. I probably have .50 each Into those books. I'm extatic to have received $100 for them. No scamming going on here. If I sell my stuff too cheap, it's honestly my choice (or my mistake) but I honored the sale.

Actually I did a quick eBay search. Saw a run from 1-66 sell for $250. I figured I have 1-25 and wanted to sell, not sit. So I decided to post at the price I posted at. I probably have .50 each Into those books. I'm extatic to have received $100 for them. No scamming going on here. If I sell my stuff too cheap, it's honestly my choice (or my mistake) but I honored the sale.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS. I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE OF YOUR SALES...

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS. I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE OF YOUR SALES...

:wishluck:

WTTB!

If these guys are the same Palma Brothers that used to sell on Ebay in the late 90's early 2000s, I have nothing but good things to say about their books, their packaging, and their general awesomeness. I wish I would have won 200 more of their auctions back in the day.

Welcome to the boards.

:hi: Hello everyone,

I'm not finding anything in the rules, or maybe i'm blind... blind_man.gif But, are there any rules on Presales?

My LCS has an exclusive variant coming out later this month.

Thanks everyone,

-Allan

I'm not finding anything in the rules, or maybe i'm blind... blind_man.gif But, are there any rules on Presales?

Thanks everyone,

-Allan

Officially no... But be very careful how you handle it as a ton can go wrong :

Books in bad shape

Not enough to cover requests

Etc

Gl!

Thanks everyone,

-Allan

Officially no... But be very careful how you handle it as a ton can go wrong :

Books in bad shape

Not enough to cover requests

Etc

Gl!

+1

NM/M

m1703.gif

In all fairness to the OP, he wrote N/Mint - so he most likely means NM. That the books don't look to be in NM condition either is a different story, though :ohnoez:

You guys are being way too hard on him. N/Mint is short for "this comic would be Nice if it were Mint." :D

NM/M

m1703.gif

In all fairness to the OP, he wrote N/Mint - so he most likely means NM. That the books don't look to be in NM condition either is a different story, though :ohnoez:

You guys are being way too hard on him. N/Mint is short for "this comic would be Nice if it were Mint." :D

I read it as 'not mint.'