• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

For those that followed this drama back in mid February, I have an update to the situation.

1st - For those that didn't - Here's a link and a quick re-cap:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7469082&fpart=1

- I sent in 2 books to CGC. One was a Journey into Mystery 83 that was previously graded 6.0 Universal by CGC

- It came back a 7.0 Restored - Top Edge Trimmed

- I called CGC and after much complaining, Harshen agreed to re-look at the book

- Harshen claimed everyone in the building with grading credibility looked at the book, and EVERYONE agreed it was trimmed. He couldn't find anyone to disagree.

- They did what they could to try and make it right, but since I sent the book in OUT of the slab, they couldn't do anything financially. Still I was satisfied with the resolution, because at least they made an attempt

So I sold the book restored, and the new owner re-subbed it, and here's what he got back....

Edited by Spider-Dan

THIS is an example of the human tendency to not admit you were wrong. THIS needs to be shouted from the rooftops. THIS is completely unacceptable, CGC. THIS is WRONG WRONG WRONG.

What's the moral of the story? If you think CGC got it wrong, just re submit without saying anything. If you say 'Uh, I think you made a mistake here', YOU ARE TOAST.

It definitely looks like the same book... Not good. CGC should really do something for you now (but they probably won't). Good luck!

Either CGC admits they can't detect trimming with any accuracy.....or they admit they don't take the time to bother.

This will just be another blip on the radar though. Without CGC.....sellers could no longer print money.

Cue an epic circle jerk......

You just know they didn't give to graders to grade, they said 'does the top edge look trimmed to you?' thereby influencing the decision.....otherwise

WHY DID IT COME BACK BLUE LABEL?? Are they flipping a coin?????