• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

I'd like to think that was the reason I was throwing up last Tuesday but I'm pretty sure it was the stomach bug. Still, it is sad sometimes how life simply takes over. RIP Dave. We still love ya.

Alright guys. I am jumping into the forum finally. I have been a huge Dave fan for the last two to three years and I have been checking out this forum for the last year to see if I could buy CGC Stevens' Covers. Of course, most of the slabs I am looking for went before I could jump in. Also, I felt strange asking to buy something from one of you since I didn't have a friendship built. As a matter of fact this is the first time in my life I have ever posted on any forum. My love for Dave Stevens art is ready to go to the next level and join others who appreciate his fantastic work.

As of right now I own about 14 of Dave's covers in CGC 9.8, 1 back cover in CGC 9.8, and am still looking for more. I had only 1 graded since 9.8's have been hard for me to find. Most of them I bought from Ebay or MyComicShop. I have about 10 raw books with only one Johnny Quest 5 that I think can get to 9.8 after a press. I have not decided if I want to get on the registry but I am feeling a slow pull in that direction after reading some of your hilarious banter.

I have so enjoyed all of the rare art that everyone has posted and love Dave's art books as well. As time roles along I would love to buy and sell with you too. I will keep looking for Dave's Covers in Northern California to see if there is any for cgc. See you around and sorry I don't have any unique or original Dave art to share in photos.

Edited by Saints Fan

i really hadn't been searching for anything Dave related lately, but when I was digging through looking for a couple of hot Action Comics at a local Vintage Stock store the other day, I was surprised to find a 9.6/9.8 copy of Airboy #5 for only $1.95. :banana:

Better yet, I picked up a 9.4/9.6 copy of ASM #299 for that same price. I love Vintage Stock. :cloud9:

So have I missed anything?

I've been away for a while.

Mostly quiet on the Dave front. TOO quiet....

No kidding! We need more Dave.

rocketeer_103.jpg

I want this statue so badly.

(worship)

dave.jpg

Found this on the Dave Stevens Tribute Page. Someone had it from when Dave was a kid.

was a friend of Dave's back in high school (in Portland) and I had some items I thought his fans might enjoy. One is a pencil sketch of Superman he'd done for some aborted advertising project we were working on. The end project was to have a Superman model holding a 7-up bottle, if I remember.

Lloyd N Phillips