• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,817 posts in this topic

Yeah, as said above, boardies aren't going to usually pay top-end for the flavor of the week/month moderns and such as they want to find them cheap, and resell themselves. Unless its some CBLDF variant or some thing that is blowing up, then things fly out at a manic pace on there.

hm

Might just be heading down to the LCS and loading up on some BA's.

While you're there, checking for Batman Adventures, Annual #1 is also a Harley issue.

Completed sales are all over, but probably worth your time.

I have 3 of these and can't sell one of them. One I posted on here in about a 7.5(small water spots? barely noticeable BC) for like $5 and nothing. Tried selling another strict 9.6 copy on here for about $15.....again, nothing. I guess ebay is the way to go but as you said, prices are all over the place on this book when it does sell.

I'm in the same boat as you. Had a full Batman Adventures run (minus 12), including both Annuals, a Special Edition, and couldn't sell it here.

Sometimes the boards are good; other times eBay is the place to be.

I'm not yet sure where to draw the line, but Copper/Modern feels about right.

Yes, Silver and Gold flourish on the boards while Cooper/Moderns usually don't move ....i guess just a different audience

Silver/Gold are collectors and Copper/Moderns are flippers? Does that about sum it up?

It didn't used to be this bad a few years ago, but the influx if new board members have tilted it that way recently.

Edited by Fastballspecial

The problem with the boards is that we are usually looking to buy less expensive SA/BA/CA/Modern keys to resell instead of keep. lol

Everybody's too knowledgeable (read: cheap) around here . . . lol

hm

Might just be heading down to the LCS and loading up on some BA's.

While you're there, checking for Batman Adventures, Annual #1 is also a Harley issue.

Completed sales are all over, but probably worth your time.

I have 3 of these and can't sell one of them. One I posted on here in about a 7.5(small water spots? barely noticeable BC) for like $5 and nothing. Tried selling another strict 9.6 copy on here for about $15.....again, nothing. I guess ebay is the way to go but as you said, prices are all over the place on this book when it does sell.

I'm in the same boat as you. Had a full Batman Adventures run (minus 12), including both Annuals, a Special Edition, and couldn't sell it here.

Sometimes the boards are good; other times eBay is the place to be.

I'm not yet sure where to draw the line, but Copper/Modern feels about right.

Yes, Silver and Gold flourish on the boards while Cooper/Moderns usually don't move ....i guess just a different audience

Silver/Gold are collectors and Copper/Moderns are flippers? Does that about sum it up?

It didn't used to be this bad a few years ago, but the influx if new board members have tilted it that way recently.

I don't think this is the case. I think it has to do with the sheer amount of material available. Golden Age and a lot of early Silver Age (especially DC) isn't always replaceable. I think collectors in the other ages are just less likely to part with certain things.

Purely my theory.

I would have too say

Man of steel 18,Iron Man 282 and X-Men 282 just a few of the bit of coppers heating up on ebay at the moment.

One book im amazed never got the attention was the first #1Batman Beyond comic from 1999 his first appearance..

I think that Batman Beyond book is a real sleeper. I always look for it and never find it. I have exactly one copy, and it has a blank box in the front, almost like FCBD books. I don't know if they are all like that or not.

I would have too say

Man of steel 18,Iron Man 282 and X-Men 282 just a few of the bit of coppers heating up on ebay at the moment.

One book im amazed never got the attention was the first #1Batman Beyond comic from 1999 his first appearance..

I think that Batman Beyond book is a real sleeper. I always look for it and never find it. I have exactly one copy, and it has a blank box in the front, almost like FCBD books. I don't know if they are all like that or not.

^^

I would have too say

^^

shh

I talked about this on my website in January, but the FCBD for DC this year is going to bring back Batman Beyond in a big way so yes, Batman Beyond #1 FCBD from 1999 is the right book to be picking up. 2c

So is Static #1 and Booster Gold #1 to a lesser extent. I say lesser extent because Booster Gold is now like a $25 - $50 book that still has a lot of moving room, while Static #1 is the first appearance of Static Shock and with DC's new revision of black super heroes within the next twelve months its also a good book. (so is first appearance of Shaq / Steel in comics)

I talked about this on my website in January, but the FCBD for DC this year is going to bring back Batman Beyond in a big way so yes, Batman Beyond #1 FCBD from 1999 is the right book to be picking up. 2c

So is Static #1 and Booster Gold #1 to a lesser extent. I say lesser extent because Booster Gold is now like a $25 - $50 book that still has a lot of moving room, while Static #1 is the first appearance of Static Shock and with DC's new revision of black super heroes within the next twelve months its also a good book. (so is first appearance of Shaq / Steel in comics)

Is Booster Gold a $25+ book online? Nice. I can pick them up here for just a couple of bucks still.

There's a Batman Beyond #1 that's the direct sales edition:

mRdgNyG98s-Nu3dLRGH9W2g.jpg

And then there's another version, presumably a FCBD reprint?

moBKBZYKHSDv2XTdHGln4Sg.jpg

I agree this one's a big sleeper, any suggestions on which is THE version to have?

I agree this one's a big sleeper, any suggestions on which is THE version to have?

Whichever is harder to find and RMA argues in favor of. :kidaround:

Newsstand

Or are those Free Special Origin Issues going to be more difficult to find in high grade due simply to the fact that folks treat them like toilet paper?

That happened with the Sixth Gun FCBD version vs. the Newstand. Red was much tougher than Green to find in pristine condition.

Of course, I'll put my vote in for "BOTH" just to be on the safe side. :)