• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traded: CGC 4.0 AF15 and CGC 9.6 TMNT 1
1 1

4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1

523 posts in this topic

I am unclear how to respond to the poll. If I vote for TMNT, am I voting this was the better deal for the buyer or the seller. I would rather have the AF15, how do I vote ?

Vote for the one that's "got".

There is no buyer or seller.

If you could "get" one of the two, which would it be?

I am unclear how to respond to the poll. If I vote for TMNT, am I voting this was the better deal for the buyer or the seller. I would rather have the AF15, how do I vote ?

That's a great point. I didn't do an economic analysis, I just chose the one I would rather have. That seemed more interesting than going to GPA and checking the numbers. lol

The Turtles 1 is the cooler book (in those grades) and far, far harder to come by, but it also has a much smaller buying pool at the ~$10,000 price point. I think the AF 15 is the better buy money-wise, but the Turtles is the better buy cool-wise.

Vote for the one that's "got".

There is no buyer or seller.

If you could "get" one of the two, which would it be?

It looks to me that if someone bought a TMNT 1 for say, $8600 and traded it for a 4.0, they may have gotten a 500-600 bump in FMV.

I voted TMNT. I'm in my early 30's, and the turtles were a big part of my childhood. That being said, I'm also a Spider-Man fan, and as a collector my main focus is the somewhat pedestrian goal of a full Spidey run. I WILL own a copy of AF 15 one day, at it will have the privilege of rotting into nothingness with me in my grave for eternity.

But I see 4.0 AF 15's all the time. As was previously mentioned, a 9.6 TMNT 1 is the cooler book.

I think the TMNT has more room to grow, less available and harder to find in that grade.

that being said, it also has a greater risk. people couldn't care about the turtles in 2-3 years while AF15 is a solid book for a long time