• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Anyone else watching 'Dellamortedella' carpetbomb the marketplace? :insane:

He is getting his post count up so that he claim a thread from PIF meh

Joined 1/5/2014.....made 4 posts prior to finding the PIF thread yesterday....then made 22 posts today.

I see nothing to back your statement up! :baiting:

lol:signfunny:

Anyone else watching 'Dellamortedella' carpetbomb the marketplace? :insane:

He is getting his post count up so that he claim a thread from PIF meh

Joined 1/5/2014.....made 4 posts prior to finding the PIF thread yesterday....then made 22 posts today.

I see nothing to back your statement up! :baiting:

lol:signfunny:

:roflmao:

lol...he proved my point about 200 post counts not helping as a selling requirement....

huh? Everyone agreed that post counts are useless and far preferred a 6-month waiting period for PIF.

You were on vacation too long;) there was a poll here for 200 post counts regarding selling.

Meanwhile, Italian Sausage and now Cemetary....

hm No, those don't sound like names a shill would use...

Not sure if anyone has been following this guy, but sheesh. Is he strike-worthy yet? He first had threads removed for posting the same books in multiple forums. His most recent post was removed for listing both here and on eBay, and this is his response in his new sales thread.

Have to make a new FS thread since some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed deleted my other thread

Anyways

I'm reposting What I have left. Only posting a few tonight

He's not good at following the marketplace posting rules, but that means he's just a "report" and let the mods scrub his posts... if they get tired of deleting/moving his threads they could give him a strike for "repeated incorrect posting in the marketplace" or something like that...

but so far he's just been bad at posting, and no ones reported any actual transaction problems (getting cash, getting books, etc)...

oceanavekid - strike

Simultaneously attempting to sell books on the boards and eBay.

Reposting a deleted thread.

Not sure if anyone has been following this guy, but sheesh. Is he strike-worthy yet? He first had threads removed for posting the same books in multiple forums. His most recent post was removed for listing both here and on eBay, and this is his response in his new sales thread.

Have to make a new FS thread since some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed deleted my other thread

Anyways

He's not good at following the marketplace posting rules, but that means he's just a "report" and let the mods scrub his posts... if they get tired of deleting/moving his threads they could give him a strike for "repeated incorrect posting in the marketplace" or something like that...

but so far he's just been bad at posting, and no ones reported any actual transaction problems (getting cash, getting books, etc)...

oceanavekid - strike

guess the mods are backlogged.

Yep, intent and format rule.

It doesn't matter if it's mystery boxes, mystery bags, mystery wallets, mystery cases, mystery whatever, if its multiple items and the contents are not equivalent and there are winners and losers, then it's a raffle.

Don't get caught up in the "box" part, as raffles in boxes are still raffles.

So if there is a mystery box sale where multiple boxes are sold, the contents of the boxes are unknown to the buyer but each box contains a market value equal to or greater than the purchase price, would this be considered a raffle or would it be ok?

I thought the main issue with 1Cool's raffle (though I did participate for the fun of it) was that your purchase price of a ticket ($5) may only get you a $2 - $3 comic, where most mystery box sales got you an equal or greater value in comparison to the purchase price.

So if there is a mystery box sale where multiple boxes are sold, the contents of the boxes are unknown to the buyer but each box contains a market value equal to or greater than the purchase price, would this be considered a raffle or would it be ok?

I thought the main issue with 1Cool's raffle (though I did participate for the fun of it) was that your purchase price of a ticket ($5) may only get you a $2 - $3 comic, where most mystery box sales got you an equal or greater value in comparison to the purchase price.

if all the prizes are relatively equal, then it's not a raffle.

"10 mystery boxes being offered @$100/each. Each box will contain a mix of slabs, trades and raws with a market value greater than or equal to $200"

nothing raffle-ish here. No winner, no losers. There's no "chase" book, or outlier value (among the lots).

Even if 1Cool's raffle had been "$5 gets you a book worth $5 or more" (in which case everyone is at least getting their "moneys worth") the fact that most of the books were in the $5 range, while there were two books worth $75-100 made it a raffle due to there being definitely a few "big winner" books, which entices sales. (this is key)

Anyways

oceanavekid - strike

lol anybody know his eBay id? His board name didn't turn anything up when I searched.

Anyways

oceanavekid - strike

He was annoyed when "someone deleted his threads for no reason" :screwy:

He must be chewing the carpet in rage right about now.

Anyways

oceanavekid - strike

He was annoyed when "someone deleted his threads for no reason" :screwy:

He must be chewing the carpet in rage right about now.

Calling the moderator who removed his thread the 'D' word was brilliant. :D

He gets my vote for Darwin Award of the week.