• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book spinner racks - who's got one?
8 8

517 posts in this topic

Picked up mine locally from Craiglist, for free! I did need to repair broken welds and repaint it but twas worth it!

Next to it is my old Gibson EB-3 slothead bass

DSCN4725_zpse363603b.jpg

Nice rack man! mine could use a paint job

I have a Gibson J-45 that is my baby, made in '99 and purchased with the proceeds of my second comic con as a seller.

Love that DELL topper (thumbs u

I've got close to a dozen vintage comic racks, maybe more, of which half are spinners. One is a DELL Comics rack from the 50's.

A dozen? Wow where do you keep them, they do take up space

I've got most of them out at shops - they make great merchandisers to move high volumes of low dollar comics. The ones I've got at home are in different parts of the house. This is a dated photo of the DELL spinner I've got - at the time I liked how it could hold slabs. I've since filled it with actual DELL's.

110394.jpg

Picked up mine locally from Craiglist, for free! I did need to repair broken welds and repaint it but twas worth it!

Next to it is my old Gibson EB-3 slothead bass

DSCN4725_zpse363603b.jpg

I've got the same one, and it needs the same repairs. lol

You are less lazy than I am.

I have this spinner that is large enough to hold slabs. Each individual rack spins in turn, giving it a kinda heliocentric spinning action.

I also have just the top rack of a more modern spinner (background in image below).

IMG00134.jpg

My buddy is going to fabricate a top for my main spinner, now that he has a plasma cutter and some digital capabilities in his home welding studio.

I may mimic the classic Richie-Spidey-Archie-Supes tin litho top, but make it more underground comix-themed.

It will be a fun project.

2012-11-10_11-27-51_685.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]
Thought I'd post a pic of my spinner rack. It's a Dell, I would prefer a Marvel one but it is still pretty nice - from the 50's!

Post yours!

I LOVE your Avatar, nice design..!

[/font]

:applause:

Thanks. With 100% props to my favourite Avengers artist big John Buscema

I used to have that image on my work truck until I got a van. Still thinking of lettering up the van - one of these days. Just like the plumber with a leaky toilet, I'm a sign maker with no graphics on his vehicle

I have two, the same as pictured in Quicksilver signs and artboy99's posts.

In my experience they're the two you're most likely to run across.

I lust after BOTH of the Dell spinners, and I've seen pix of one that has a giant CCA logo (Pictured in the linked thread, I believe)

Spinners are just plain COOL.