• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So...uh.... is anyone going to Boston Comic Con this year? :popcorn:

I'll be there, buddy. If you don't see me I'm likely to be standing at the GACollectibles booth getting myself lost in Andy's dreaminess while my wife stands beside me looking bored and staring into her phone.

(thumbs u Nice! I'll see you there!

:shy: I'll be there this year too. Missed the past few years. Any interest in trying to organize a lunch/dinner? We did a couple a few years back and it was a lot of fun.

Sure. I'm in.

(thumbs u I'll start a thread in the events section once we get closer to the date.

Word on that.

I'll be there, buddy. If you don't see me I'm likely to be standing at the GACollectibles booth getting myself lost in Andy's dreaminess while my wife stands beside me looking bored and staring into her phone.

But that could be just about any one of us! :insane:

Word on that times two.

Word on that times two.

"Dreaminess of GACollectibles"? As Dean Weinstein used to say while hawking his bedroom sets with matching night tables and spacious armoires, "I DOUBT it!!!"

Word on that times two.

"Dreaminess of GACollectibles"? As Dean Weinstein used to say while hawking his bedroom sets with matching night tables and spacious armoires, "I DOUBT it!!!"

I thought that guy's name was Bob. hm

Word on that times two.

Bob's his uncle.

Word on that times two.

Bob's his uncle.

Blazing Bob and Andrew related? hm I guess they have a strong resemblance in the sense of humor dept;)

Word on that times two.

You’re mixing up your UHF furniture salesmen. “I doubt it!” was Dean’s tagline; he went out of business about 10 years ago after a state-prosecuted lawsuit which ordered him to pay a settlement for running phony liquidation sales. When Bob’s Furniture started up, he copped Dean’s catchphrase for a bit.

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

For the record, I believe I have a good reason to block him.

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

I know some things didn't go to well when did business last time, but

Understatement of the year?

lol

Well, to be fair, when he said that you "can't grade" did he ever mention in which direction you missed the grade? lol

Takes stones like Gibraltar, and a teaspoon sized gray matter pan, to pull a move like that on the boards and think it won't get noticed.

Well, the things obviously went well for GIJOEISAWESOME :doh:

This place is better than Tuesday morning soap operas.