• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,132 posts in this topic

Ack! That GI 245 DOLLAR COMIC!!!!!!! Must seek it. Dang you for expanding my DC BA to this title. tongue.gifwink.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That's what I'm saying. Definitely looks like a WWT cover to me thumbsup2.gif

This one looks like a Weird War one to me as well:

91271845104.261.GIF

GI Combat #147

gicombat147.jpg

Jim

That is a nice copy for a white cover. I don't see any tanning or anything even around the edges. What's the page quality like on that book? thumbsup2.gif

Great cover, Matt.

I remember well a conversation I had with a WWII vet, complaining about the devaluation of medals that started in Vietnam and has continued to this day: "A Bronze Star used to mean something, you had to do something outstanding to win one! I swear they started handing them out in Vietnam for making your bed everyday, every damn officer that did a tour of duty there got one, whether they were worth a damn or not. You know what a medal that everyone has is worth? Not a whole damn lot!"

I bought G.I. Combat off the shelves for a very short time 222-229 or so. I dug these out and was surprised that despite the fact I didn't bag/board these until several years ago that they all look minty fresh. Nothing great about these, just contributing...

91174057.jpg

One of the cool things I remembered when digging these out is that for a short while DC used the back cover to showcase tanks--no Daisy BB Gun ad!

It started with #224. If anyone can submit scans of subsequent back covers that would be cool!

91174046.jpg

91174040.jpg

91174027.jpg

91174018.jpg

Our Army At War 279, I think page 13 (has a "20" on it) by Russ Heath. My only Sgt. Rock piece of original art (and I don't even have the book yet crazy.gif ).

767889-OAAW279p13.jpg

If someone has some Kubert stuff, I would love to see it. A Rock action page by Kubert is right at the top of my OA want list.

767889-OAAW279p13.jpg.5b662acb29ef2d45bc396fe0d9346075.jpg

Edited by Weird

One of the cool things I remembered when digging these out is that for a short while DC used the back cover to showcase tanks--no Daisy BB Gun ad!

Sterling, very cool combat albums! thumbsup2.gif Is there any doubt the Germans produced the finest tanks during WW II?

Our Army At War 279, I think page 13 (has a "20" on it) by Russ Heath. My only Sgt. Rock piece of original art (and I don't even have the book yet crazy.gif ).

If someone has some Kubert stuff, I would love to see it. A Rock action page by Kubert is right at the top of my OA want list.

I love Russ Heath's OAAW art! 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif