• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:news:

Dan and I have reached a deal. I am purchasing the book in a new arrangement that is agreeable to us both.

I would like to publicly apologize to Dan. His integrity as a dealer should not be put into question. His willingness to work with me on this new deal demonstrates he is also a stand up guy.

Personally, I have learned a lot from this ordeal. I will be more careful with future large transaction purchases. I hope my favorite sellers will continue to sell to me. My checks don't bounce !

Thanks for all the insightful discussion. I appreciate the fact that nothing got too personal. Also, Iawyers are now my favorite Boardies (lol).

Thanks everyone. Love these boards.

---Bob

Damn. I was just working out a part cash/part trade deal to propose. :censored:

:news:

Dan and I have reached a deal. I am purchasing the book in a new arrangement that is agreeable to us both.

I would like to publicly apologize to Dan. His integrity as a dealer should not be put into question. His willingness to work with me on this new deal demonstrates he is also a stand up guy.

Personally, I have learned a lot from this ordeal. I will be more careful with future large transaction purchases. I hope my favorite sellers will continue to sell to me. My checks don't bounce !

Thanks for all the insightful discussion. I appreciate the fact that nothing got too personal. Also, Iawyers are now my favorite Boardies (lol).

Thanks everyone. Love these boards.

---Bob

Damn. I was just working out a part cash/part trade deal to propose. :censored:

lol Maybe you coulda gotten it for a resto'd Atom #1 or something... :devil:

The thread where he publicly said almost exact things to me has been locked and "poof"ed.

But still the guy has not been banned. If the decision was subsequently that I deserved this, that is wildly_fanciful_statement.

Whats going on?

What do you mean? I thought you crushed him, he asked meekly for his comics and for you to leave him alone, then disappeared for good. is that not what happened?

That was after I told him the consequences of his actions in PM, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS HAMMER OF BAN, all the while sending him the same picture of that naked guy, that I put on his Google Plus after he started being a turkey.

Right, exactly, you won. Why are we talking about it again, just for fun? Or are you trying to put him on the PL?

Why wasn't he banned?

If you haven't PM'd a mod then nobody knows about it, whether you posted it on the boards or not.

Also, if I was you, I wouldn't bother because you may strike the mods as being more trouble than you are worth. You have too many of these stories to play the victim......I know that's your "charm" at work :foryou: ...but I'd drop it lest the ban hammer fall back upon ye.

2c

Sound advice

After reading the marathon JIM 83 posts, I thought I would not be back in the PL thread for a long time; however, I then find that I had a seller back out of an agreed deal so I am nominating Mkay (Ron Murray out of Vegas) to the PL.

Details- On January 29th, Ron sent me a PM with a scan of an ASM 129-9.4. We agreed on a price and he provided his paypal address. I immediately paypaled the money and was surprised to receive a refund email within minutes of the payment.

I tried to PM Ron to find out why; however, he removed himself from the thread and is no longer receiving PMs (from anyone evidently). He only has two posts. I sent a message to his email address (paypal address), but have not received a reply. While I am disappointed, I am more concerned that other Board members may come in contact with him as I originally encountered him in a WTB thread.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

After reading the marathon JIM 83 posts, I thought I would not be back in the PL thread for a long time; however, I then find that I had a seller back out of an agreed deal so I am nominating Mkay (Ron Murray out of Vegas) to the PL.

Details- On January 29th, Ron sent me a PM with a scan of an ASM 129-9.4. We agreed on a price and he provided his paypal address. I immediately paypaled the money and was surprised to receive a refund email within minutes of the payment.

I tried to PM Ron to find out why; however, he removed himself from the thread and is no longer receiving PMs (from anyone evidently). He only has two posts. I sent a message to his email address (paypal address), but have not received a reply. While I am disappointed, I am more concerned that other Board members may come in contact with him as I originally encountered him in a WTB thread.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Ed,

You tried to low ball me and it really hurts. I have $1100 offers bouncing off the wall. Please don't contact me ever again. you son of a person_without_enough_empathy.

Ron Murray

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Ed,

You tried to low ball me and it really hurts. I have $1100 offers bouncing off the wall. Please don't contact me ever again. you son of a person_without_enough_empathy.

Ron Murray

:o

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

If your side of the story is true, I would say forgot about it...especially since you got your money back. He looks like a nutjob anyway.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Ed,

Ron Murray

I told you what GPA sales had been and made an offer that you accepted. No one forced you to accept the offer nor was there any pressure that forced you to agree and send me your paypal information to complete the sale. If we had an agreed sale how are you getting offers for the same book "bouncing off the walls"?

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

If your side of the story is true, I would say forgot about it...especially since you got your money back. He looks like a nutjob anyway.

So we spend 30-40 pages on a $16000 book and let the little ones slide? I would like to not have others go through this as well but I do not plan to ever deal with him again (although technically to resolve the PL issue, doesn't he have to complete the transaction- rather than just resort to name calling)?

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Ed,

Ron Murray

Did he make you an offer that you accepted at any time?

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

So we spend 30-40 pages on a $16000 book and let the little ones slide? I would like to not have others go through this as well but I do not plan to ever deal with him again (although technically to resolve the PL issue, doesn't he have to complete the transaction- rather than just resort to name calling)?

Ed

We can move forward and have him placed on the PL. the suggestion was simply to save you time. :)

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Actually, if Ed's side is accurate I would way Ron has earned a little time in the wringer.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Ed,

Ron Murray

Did he make you an offer that your accepted at any time?

Can we assume if Ed posts the payment and refund that the seller had accepted the deal?

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Actually, if Ed's side is accurate I would way Ron has earned a little time in the wringer.

Nut jobs tend to work their way onto the list in a variety of ways. Suggesting Ed just move on isn't a bad idea.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

This guy has 4 posts and appears to be :screwy: it's not exactly the same situation, regardless of the money.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Ed,

Ron Murray

WOW.

:popcorn:

-slym

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Nut jobs tend to work their way onto the list in a variety of ways. Suggesting Ed just move on isn't a bad idea.

I think Ed should move on, as soon as Ron sends him the difference (via paypal) between the originally accepted offer amount and his ubiquitous $1100 offers.

Even nut jobs don't get to be unjustly enriched.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

I think Ed should move on, as soon as Ron sends him the difference (via paypal) between the originally accepted offer amount and his ubiquitous $1100 offers.

Even nut jobs don't get to be unjustly enriched.

Really? Why should the loon have to fork over money?

Can we assume if Ed posts the payment and refund that the seller had accepted the deal?

Yeah, why not just put this on the PL fast-track just for the sake of thoroughness...seems like the refund + disparaging Ed's lineage would qualify as "refusal to complete the transaction"

[You tried to low ball me and it really hurts. I have $1100 offers bouncing off the wall. Please don't contact me ever again. you son of a person_without_enough_empathy.

Ron Murray

I think the vulgar name calling can be kept to a P.M. Anyone can be an internet loud mouth. If there's two sides to the story, we need to here it.