• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this hype. Comparing this to EoW or Saga?! What? How many people have read all 3 issues? Love the art, concept is cool, but this book is not that good in my opinion. I agree, speculators are ready for the next hot RRP, but that doesn't translate to sustainability for this series. I'm sure I'll take a lotta for this post, but I'm just not buying all the hype: image expo excitement is still fresh, speculators (myself included) are looking for a hit after the bleak winter season, but I don't think this'll be it...it's simply not very good of a book.

Rant over...cheers, here's to all my sets selling quickly on eBay before people actually open this book. lol

Translation... I didn't buy any Manifest Destiny when it first came out.

As a professionally trained historian, I think the use of history as a backdrop for a story is brilliant and love the way they did it.

Why is the response to any contrary opinion frequently an accusation of sour grapes? I am well stocked on this title and I hope it does well but I understand the skepticism about the rapid rise in value. Let's hope these prices are set by true fans of this book bidding in these auctions. Fans fuel long term value not speculators. Hype and "positive" talk fuel speculation but readers will decide if this book is worth collecting.

I lucked into 3 of the Ottley. Sold one, currently selling the other and then hide the third in my collection. I am really enjoying the series so far.

Congrats again on the LBCC version.

yeah got about 10 of the regular cover put away from midtown I would like 10 Ottley covers but we shall see I was so lucky to get that from Kapzilla I know he was not selling any of his so I am to happy with this deal

No problem brother (thumbs u glad it arrived safe and to a good home. I got hooked up by a couple people here so I figured I'd share the wealth. Can't wait to get the books you sent me.

I honestly didn't think the book would rise this quickly, very tempting to sell my others but I will likely hold them for slabbing along with a few Ottleys.

I'm about to watch a doc on netflix about Lewis and Clark because of MD.

If you look at the two last bidders I am struggling to see a shill in them. The bidding activity is not indicative of a shill. And they have many other bids as well. Just because somebody has 4 feedback doesnt mean it's a shill. I sold some very high dollar books to people with 5 and fewer feedback.

bidding activity doesnt show anything, its only for a couple of days that it shows, all the shills know it, and people also run multiple accounts, work as groups, etc etc.

Whether its shill or not, no one can say.

Do books triple the last sale(within a week of current) with no news and for no reason....people can decide for themselves....

All I know, is far to often people on these forums talk about how a book is "worth" crazy high prices because of all sorts of subjective reasons.

Find me someone who doesnt own multiple copies, and think its worth that price. Better yet, find me someone who is willing to BUY for those prices (instead of sell).

Then let them lay out the argument for why they are willing to pay that much for them, and we can debate the points they make.