• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

how does the group feel about a Devils Advocate? I see some holes in the theory but I also don't want to be thrown in the same company just because I'm going against the tide here.

Go for it if you want, it'll at least keep things entertaining, but experience shows that not much comes from siding with those facing the pitchforks. Ask Hado how much he enjoyed defending solarcadet 1 when sc1 was actively inciting the group .

Fixed that for ya!

:D

He threw another goody out in the Copper Age area about the Probation Thread that brought a feeling of joy for miles around.

:P

His excuse will be all B.S. Are we supposed to believe that there were 2 different (0) feedback buyers who won all those auctions over the last few weeks, but didn't pay? And then when this round of auctions started, they bid again, and he didn't realize they were the same deadbeat "buyers"? meh

We're supposed to believe that somebody just randomly picked his auctions to bid up, and then just for giggles, did it again for a few weeks? And he didn't do anything about the deadbeat buyer? B.S.

He got caught, sliced, and diced, pure and simple.

I know all that, but I REALLY want to read his defense. :D

I would like to throw it out there to Hustruck that I have no problem with him personally and would welcome him to this thread to discuss it.

well i wrote about 3 paragraphs and decided not to publish. just not worth my effort, not worth getting involved etc.

I'd hate to write something today and then it be brought up against me 5-6 months later. or worse bring up my own previous issues.

Full Disclaimer #1- I did message HusTruck earlier when the thread started, and he's asked me how to handle this situation. I told him to stick to the facts and keep his cool if he decided to come here.

Full Disclaimer #2 - I have had past transactions with HusTruck. So before someone writes "cool books" etc, I sold him some books about a month ago. nothing since then.

well i wrote about 3 paragraphs and decided not to publish. just not worth my effort, not worth getting involved etc.

I'd hate to write something today and then it be brought up against me 5-6 months later. or worse bring up my own previous issues.

Full Disclaimer #1- I did message HusTruck earlier when the thread started, and he's asked me how to handle this situation. I told him to stick to the facts and keep his cool if he decided to come here.

Full Disclaimer #2 - I have had past transactions with HusTruck. So before someone writes "cool books" etc, I sold him some books about a month ago. nothing since then.

I don't really know what your relationship with HusTruck is, but if y'all are kinda buddies, that's great. Just don't let it suck you down into his morass. He has repeatedly screwed up and shown himself to be, at the very least, sketchy and way, way over eager. Aside from a couple mea culpas, I haven't seen anything much to mitigate this. So alls I'm saying is, don't let your fondness for him lead you to back a dying cause and cover yourself in a stink you didn't produce yourself.

I don't really know what your relationship with HusTruck is, but if y'all are kinda buddies, that's great. Just don't let it suck you down into his morass. He has repeatedly screwed up and shown himself to be, at the very least, sketchy and way, way over eager. Aside from a couple mea culpas, I haven't seen anything much to mitigate this. So alls I'm saying is, don't let your fondness for him lead you to back a dying cause and cover yourself in a stink you didn't produce yourself.

we are not friends. he brought some books that's all. if he was my friend I would have published my original post.

His excuse will be all B.S. Are we supposed to believe that there were 2 different (0) feedback buyers who won all those auctions over the last few weeks, but didn't pay? And then when this round of auctions started, they bid again, and he didn't realize they were the same deadbeat "buyers"? meh

We're supposed to believe that somebody just randomly picked his auctions to bid up, and then just for giggles, did it again for a few weeks? And he didn't do anything about the deadbeat buyer? B.S.

He got caught, sliced, and diced, pure and simple.

I know all that, but I REALLY want to read his defense. :D

Apparently, he's not enough of a man to face the music.

Whether his excuse for not responding is fear of being found out, he's too immature to face the music, or somebody telling him not to respond here, his silence speaks volumes.

Especially since he's been online the whole time this discussion has been going on, and that he's also been reading all of this thread himself. :facepalm:

i.e. responding again to Speedy's post

personally there is something instinctual about when someone is outnumbered for me to try and balance the odds.

that's just me and has nothing to do with whoever is on the other side.

is that the brightest move? no. as i've gotten older, I've learned to walk away from a lot of arguments that don't involve me. This is one of them.

I do understand that last part that you said Jsilver. I have a habit of doing the same thing. The only difference is that I like to help people defend themselves.

PM i sent to the board member who told me what was going on.

hey,

Check whats going on, Those 2 clowns have been causing me problems ever since I left the review on yelp for earthworld comics. Im starting to think the shop owners friends are messing with me because people i know have gone to the shop, and over heard people joking about it. so Im not surprised.

I have not recieved any messages back from these 0 feedback bidders (one is jinhansan the other is Idothisforauir) so I have come to the conclusion they are scammers or straight fake accounts.

I have canceled every bid they made because they did this to me the last time i put up auctions, that is why some of them are up again.

I did not know about an ebay block list untill just a half hour ago, the article i read said you are not a true ebay seller untill you have people in your block list because people bid and never follow up all the time.

i relisted a few hours after they won the last auctions because i thought they were scammers, and i never got any response from them, accept a cancelation request, which signaled to me they are scammers looking for weak sellers. I have been scammed before from some guy in china for my PSP limited edition metal gear solid from gameStop. So i try to stay away from those kind of buyers.

I am not a shill and i am not suing accounts to shill because that is bad business and that is not what I do.

The ideas that I strechted the truth and made up lies, I address this in a post in a SS thread that I was messing with them just as much as they were messing with me after about page 6 when one of the members told me to chalk it up as a learning experience, thats what i did and i moved on.

every comment after that was just to mess with the people that obviously did not care about me or my situation.

everything i said in the review and in the first pages of the thread were true.

yea i should have not done it like that, the way i posted the topic in the forum, but i am used to much less disciplned forums and dont act like that in here anymore.

Again, I cancled all their bids and they screwed me over last time i had auctions too. I just learned about the block list in trying to figure out how to get thier bids canceled and now thye cant bid on my stuff anymore.

All i can say is that I feel like i am either

A)

almost getting scammed by these 2 bidders

or

B)

they are in fact friends of the store owner i bashed on yelp. I know it had an effect because people have wrote reviews after me and have come up to me and talked to me about it

or

C) I have made enemies on this board and they are purposely shilling my auctions to make me look bad?

I really dont know, but i do know i am not shilling

I am not shilling and i canceled all their bids and added them to my block list so it never happens again.

I ordered a whole bunch, the ones used for slabs

Again, I am not shilling, I just found out about this right now and took care of it right now.

There is nothing sinister going on here.

Edited by HusTrucK

Im really thinking about going through the trouble of canceling all bids on my listing and canceling it.

And relist for tonight to prove to everyone that I am not doing this kind of BS

The 2 accounts already ruined my auctions so i see no detrement in doing so.

one person actually messaged me asking me to cancel their bids becuase they felt their was manipulation going on! if someone on ebay said that to me, these auctions have been tainted something awful.

i am really considering canceling them all and re listing just to prove the point

Edited by HusTrucK

I appreciate you coming here and speaking about what happened Hustruck. Obviously, there is no way for me to know a hundred percent what the truth is. I will however say that you did respond immediately to my message when I typed you and cancelled my bid as I requested.

I appreciate you coming here and speaking about what happened Hustruck. Obviously, there is no way for me to know a hundred percent what the truth is. I will however say that you did respond immediately to my message when I typed you and cancelled my bid as I requested.

your right, there is no way to know 100%. that is why i am considering going through the trouble of canceling all bids untill the very end so my auctions end with no high bidders and then I will relist just to prove the point i am not shilling

Edited by HusTrucK