• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

well everything in that thread except the take it and winner by the op got poofed. i didn't think it was poop but i guess anything outside of takeit, and glwts is TK

Of course it was poop. Talking about how he's abusing the comic...how's that not going to affect a possible sale? Send comments like that in a PM, or bring it here. Sales threads are for selling comics, not ripping on comics others are selling. And CC knows that ... he's made similar comments about stuff I was selling, but knew to do so in a PM.

I agree PMs work best for any comments to the seller, I guess I didn't think his comment would be taken that way (negative to a sale) but you point is valid and I could see how a potential buyer may be hesitant once he pointed that out.

well everything in that thread except the take it and winner by the op got poofed. i didn't think it was poop but i guess anything outside of takeit, and glwts is TK

Of course it was poop. Talking about how he's abusing the comic...how's that not going to affect a possible sale? Send comments like that in a PM, or bring it here. Sales threads are for selling comics, not ripping on comics others are selling. And CC knows that ... he's made similar comments about stuff I was selling, but knew to do so in a PM.

With the way he started that "I'm back" thread as soon as his strike was over, it sure seems like he wants another vacation with his actions since he's been back. hm

I saw the point of pointing out HOS or PL people, but once Bosco said he had already written to Arch, I figured that was not going to work...however, I've never seen the point of critiquing people in sales threads.

Rule of thumb should be not to post unless you have something positive to say. Anything else can turn someone else off, even if you are joking...

I think that was the whole point of the rules list Arch posted...this way it comes from him if there is an error in the way things are posted.

with the exception of Greggy...he's just Greggy.

I saw the point of pointing out HOS or PL people, but once Bosco said he had already written to Arch, I figured that was not going to work...however, I've never seen the point of critiquing people in sales threads.

Rule of thumb should be not to post unless you have something positive to say. Anything else can turn someone else off, even if you are joking...

I think that was the whole point of the rules list Arch posted...this way it comes from him if there is an error in the way things are posted.

with the exception of Greggy...he's just Greggy.

that's very good advice.

Amazing when it's always the same people. hm

:whistle:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=6846814&Searchpage=2&Main=305962&Words=Pook&topic=0&Search=true#Post6846814

He's been doing stuff like that for a while. About time people started calling him out for it.

What am I looking for?

:whistle:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=6846814&Searchpage=2&Main=305962&Words=Pook&topic=0&Search=true#Post6846814

He's been doing stuff like that for a while. About time people started calling him out for it.

What am I looking for?

:o

Mods poofed a 5 month old thread!!

It was Columbiacomics saying "it's amazing what CPR can do to a comic"

OP didn't say anything about pressing in the thread and it basically just ended the thread.

What am I looking for?

OP didn't say anything about pressing in the thread and it basically just ended the thread.

Ugh.

Yeah, he was questioning someone in their sales thread last night because they noted a forumite out on a strike had just purchased a book. He wanted to know how he bought it.

Because, ya know, once a mod brings down the strike, you are totally cut off from the world.

general-zod.jpg

GIJOEISAWESOME buys - surprise - MOS books

Sold to GIJOEISAWESOME ^^

How is that possible? He's on vacation (got a strike)

Edited by Bosco685

What am I looking for?

It was there when you posted the link?

What am I looking for?

It was there when you posted the link?

Yep.

Yeah, he was questioning someone in their sales thread last night because they noted a forumite out on a strike had just purchased a book. He wanted to know how he bought it.

Because, ya know, once a mod brings down the strike, you are totally cut off from the world.

general-zod.jpg

GIJOEISAWESOME buys - surprise - MOS books

Sold to GIJOEISAWESOME ^^

How is that possible? He's on vacation (got a strike)

Is CC that slow? The seller earlier in the thread posted this...

Like us on Facebook and Ill take 10% off

www.Facebook.com/comicbookquest

Not to mention, if they had dealt with each other before, they'd have each other's e-mails from Paypal. It looks like CC is just trying to commit "suicide by mod" at this point. :screwy:

I wonder what GIJoe does with all of those MOS 18's? I guess if they ever become a major hot item (doubtful) he will clean up. :)

Are you allowed to do that liking facebook for discount thing on here? I saw that and wondered about it as well.

For everybody who wondered whether or not "HusTruck" could be trusted after his initial meltdown, check out his e-bay auctions, right now. Every book's "high bidder" is the same (0) feedback bidder, with 100% activity with HusTruck's auctions. Just yesterday, most of his books had 0 or 1 bidder, than today, he just coincidentally has 1 (0) feedback bidder bid who bid on nothing but his comics? hm

For everybody who wondered whether or not "HusTruck" could be trusted after his initial meltdown, check out his e-bay auctions, right now. Every book's "high bidder" is the same (0) feedback bidder, with 100% activity with HusTruck's auctions. Just yesterday, most of his books had 0 or 1 bidder, than today, he just coincidentally has 1 (0) feedback bidder bid who bid on nothing but his comics? hm

Methinks, he's just been busted like I caught Symbiotic. :acclaim:

I wouldn't call it definitive. There's a chance a new eBayer saw something they liked for cheap, looked at the other auctions and bid on a bunch of cheap books with combined shipping. I've noticed most of the people that bid on auctions early are new eBayers thinking they're going to get their book for 10 cents.

Edited by erazer