• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,135 posts in this topic

Here's the copy from the auction...

sgtrockwhitman329_zps76f53e10.jpg

I'm guessing maybe VG+, VG/FN in a stretch.

Here's the copy I got off of an online auction site (not ebay... some weird site that came up when I searched the book.) Got this maybe 2 years ago....

SR329whitman-1.jpg

Hey all,

Some interesting magazines over at my latest selling thread... Blazing Combat, Savage,Thrilling Adventure... some great and rarely seen art by Heath, Severin, Toth, and others.

Be checkin' it at http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7123353&fpart=1

Thanks!

Shep

If that's the case, then could the 329 might be the only published BA war book with the Whitman label?

Yes... and no.

While Sgt. Rock #329 is the only 'pure' DC war book that exists as a Whitman variant, there are some crossover issues that are also variants.

Brave and Bold #146 has an Unknown Solider crossover story.

Justice League of America #160 has an Enemy Ace crossover story.

DC Comics Presents #10 has a Sgt. Rock story.

There's a great checklist at this link: http://stlcomics.com/checklists/whitman

Shep

I was thinking of the guys who fought in the Battle of the Bulge today, so I thought I'd post this pic. The book doesn't relate to that battle, but I knew some of the US Army sergeants and men who served during that time. ;)

<a  href=005.jpg' alt='005.jpg'>

:applause:

Thanks!

How's your Mystery Comics Digest run coming along?

Oh, man, I lost focus awhile back and ended up trading them all for some BA DC horror I needed. They were cool little books, I just can't collect everything I'd like to these days.

I'm living vicariously through your incredible digest set!

Edited by MisterX

I love that Sgt. Rock digest!!

I bought it off the rack back in 1979 and it is chock full of silver age classics that I had never even seen before.

One of the things that makes it so tough in grade is that it the cover stock does not have a very glossy finish, so blemishes show up up very clearly. A 9.8 is something of a miracle.

It's notorious for being miscut/mi abound as well.

Shep