• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The sales threads really do feel out of control at times these days. The new folk just do whatever they want. It's a little depressing. Has it been always thus?

That's why they need some tough Spoon love

No, what they need is people who use the template that Arch provided and leave it at that - this noob-on-noob piling-on is getting tiresome.

Just read through all this. I do apologize for offending anyone.

I do have issues with communicating with people, I have been told this before, I just have to be told what is acceptable and what is not.

To quote Harvey I think it was, I just do not know what is socially acceptable.

I was very offended by the fact that you think im lying about the work I did. I would be more than happy to take a scan of the journal that has my name listed with the doctors I was working with :)

I was also very offened by some of the things that were said about me, I am almost a 1/3 of the age of most of the people here, so please have patience with me.

I want to address the topic of me asking for prices and then saying I dont have $ "delicious" i think was the word used. But it was not mentioned at all that I asked for time payments, and when the time given was not enough time for me I turned down the offer. Everyone just told their 2 cents.

The "ill take it" I put down on the "5" other threads were because the sellers offered me extended time to pay, so I was able to take them up on the offer.

Now I am pretty much set in terms of how much I can afford over the next month so I stopped buying but I do occasionally ask for a price if I am curious to educate myself.

If I am annoying you please just tell me, and I will stop. I ask a lot of questions because I learn the best when people can explain things to me in a way I understand, just like everyone else. So I ask a lot of questions. It gets irritating, I understand, I just want to be thorough.

I am also trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can and I am very excited to be here so I liek to engage with everyone.

I will slow down because I can see I am moving to fast around here, some people think I am a loon or bat mess crazy because I came in here guns a blazing just trying to vent. The post I wrote was true about getting ripped off that is why when I tried to sell my prices were so high. I took a loss on everything I sold because I got ripped off so bad.

I also want to address the ebay listing that was in such bad taste. It was explained to me over PM, that is very unacceptable. I apologize, I was trying to be something I was not thinking that I would get more sales if I advertised that way. If you see my auctions now they reflect the change I made. All the stuff about someone else telling me to do it that way was just me messing with everyone because I thought thats what everyone was doing to me. now I know that this is a tight knit group that looks out for each other. So when an outsider comes in, flags go up and people keep watch.

It is clear to me that some people here just do not like me and dont want to give me a second chance. I hope that in the future you will change you mind. As for the people that have been helping me along and not just making fun of me for the fun of it I appreciate is as this forum is an invaluable tool.

That said, I am learning what to do and what not to do, and I will continue to keep my commitments as my kudos thread reflects and continue to learn as much as I can and build this TMNT run without ruffling anymore feathers.

Let the "Un-HusTrucK' begin. I would like it to be changed to "Athaxed" :)

or

let the flaming of me begin

Either way I take it in stride :angel:

The sales threads really do feel out of control at times these days. The new folk just do whatever they want. It's a little depressing. Has it been always thus?

That's why they need some tough Spoon love

No, what they need is people who use the template that Arch provided and leave it at that - this noob-on-noob piling-on is getting tiresome.

+1

The 2 people that said they go to Albany Comic Con, I would love to meet up with you guys there.

PM if you like :)

I have recently become friends with the person who organizes the show so I might be involved somehow next time :)

I will def be donating to the charity auction they have for the RMCH :foryou:

I hope you do too (thumbs u

I do have issues with communicating with people, I have been told this before, I just have to be told what is acceptable and what is not.

I was very offended by the fact that you think im lying about the work I did. I would be more than happy to take a scan of the journal that has my name listed with the doctors I was working with :)

I was also very offened by some of the things that were said about me, I am almost a 1/3 of the age of most of the people here, so please have patience with me.

I want to address the topic of me asking for prices and then saying I dont have $ "delicious" i think was the word used. But it was not mentioned at all that I asked for time payments, and when the time given was not enough time for me I turned down the offer. Everyone just told their 2 cents.

The "ill take it" I put down on the "5" other threads were because the sellers offered me extended time to pay, so I was able to take them up on the offer.

Now I am pretty much set in terms of how much I can afford over the next month so I stopped buying but I do occasionally ask for a price if I am curious to educate myself.

If I am annoying you please just tell me, and I will stop. I ask a lot of questions because I learn the best when people can explain things to me in a way I understand, just like everyone else. So I ask a lot of questions. It gets irritating, I understand, I just want to be thorough.

I am also trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can and I am very excited to be here so I liek to engage with everyone.

I will slow down because I can see I am moving to fast around here, some people think I am a loon or bat mess crazy because I came in here guns a blazing just trying to vent. The post I wrote was true about getting ripped off that is why when I tried to sell my prices were so high. I took a loss on everything I sold because I got ripped off so bad.

I also want to address the ebay listing that was in such bad taste. It was explained to me over PM, that is very unacceptable. I apologize, I was trying to be something I was not thinking that I would get more sales if I advertised that way. If you see my auctions now they reflect the change I made. All the stuff about someone else telling me to do it that way was just me messing with everyone because I thought thats what everyone was doing to me. now I know that this is a tight knit group that looks out for each other. So when an outsider comes in, flags go up and people keep watch.

It is clear to me that some people here just do not like me and dont want to give me a second chance. I hope that in the future you will change you mind. As for the people that have been helping me along and not just making fun of me for the fun of it I appreciate is as this forum is an invaluable tool.

That said, I am learning what to do and what not to do, and I will continue to keep my commitments as my kudos thread reflects and continue to learn as much as I can and build this TMNT run without ruffling anymore feathers.

or

Good luck learning your way around here. :)

I do have to ask though, did you really hold someone at knife point? Just curious.

Yes, he tried to rape my soon to be fiance, and nearly succeeded. Obviously not at the time.

The police did nothing.......

IF anyone wants to know more they can PM me.

It is for me a very personal matter and I am very offended and feel very disrespected seeing someone ask that question.

It is a public forum and I want to be honest so there is the honest answer.

Edited by HusTrucK

or

I clicked on the link somebody posted here to your eBay account.

On your page instructing people on how to collect ( :facepalm: ) your description of the topics was some wildly_fanciful_statement like "if you don't read this you're a homosexual". Clearly somebody pointed out to you that was not 'socially acceptable' since it's been changed.

The fact that you'd post like that, on a public sales bio, says way more to me about you than your AMAZING website or board nonsense ever could.

or

On your page instructing people on how to collect ( :facepalm: ) your description of the topics was some wildly_fanciful_statement like "if you don't read this you're a homosexual". Clearly somebody pointed out to you that was not 'socially acceptable' since it's been changed.

The fact that you'd post like that, on a public sales bio, says way more to me about you than your AMAZING website or board nonsense ever could.

I removed all of my reviews on the advice of veteran members. That line I wrote was after I deleted everything it would not let me save it. gave me the error message of "need at least 200 characters"

So I jokingly wrote that and hit save thinking it would not save and I got the error message again.

But I guess it did save, If you check again they have all since been removed :)

MY website is just a redirecting page.

I never claimed to have a functional or amazing website lol

I am working on a page with a friend of mine, when I get more of a collection I will finish it up and get a real hosting package not just a domain space :)

My only advice is to be more careful what you post in sales threads. People are sensitive about them. Think a bit more before you post and stick with the basics like "I'll take it" or "Nice books! GLWS" or possibly specific questions about the condition of the book. Just about anything else runs this risk of looking like thread crapping or being taken as bad form. Especially so for anything regarding the price, whether retail or asking price.

You originally brought attention to yourself with the rant thread, but there's nothing you can do about it now except let it pass. When your name has come up since then, it has been because of questionable behavior in sales threads, which you can discontinue and again, it will pass.

Edited by erazer

or

You tell 'em "Cancer avatar guy".... meh

27485.jpg