• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would like to nominate "athaxto" for the PL. He agreed to purchase a book from me last night, and requested a Paypal invoice. I sent the Paypal invoice this morning...and received an email hours later where he regretfully informed that "something has come up and I will be unable to complete this purchase".

The "something" he was referring to...? The fact that he had found the same book at a lower price in the FS section, and was in the process of buying this cheaper copy from another boardie.

To nominate him, you must give him 30 days to make the situation right. In other words, if he is wanting and willing to buy the book from you, he should be able to. Otherwise, there would be no way for him to get off the list.

No matter which way it goes though, it will still be 30 days before he can be nominated for the list. (shrug)

A couple questions: I saw Hulk44 canceled with him. Is athaxto trying to get it from you again? Do you want him to? Also, no money or comics have changed hands yet, right?

Here's the deal. He offered a single book for $999 on Ebay. I negotiated it down to $800. I asked for an invoice last night, he worded it incorrectly, and I asked for a corrected version which he sent over this morning. The book's availability never left Ebay though, 12+ hours after I asked for the invoice. It was still available for purchase at noon today when I made one last look to make sure it was the one I wanted. Anyone could have bought it at the "buy now" price Court had it listed at.

I happened to find a cheaper one on here, and of course not knowing or thinking that there was such a close bond shared between the two sellers and that a stink would be raised, I asked Hulk via Ebay to help me get registered on the boards so I could claim it. I canceled the original Ebay invoice because I found what I was looking for. I claimed Hulk's book and paid for it.

I get that Court is upset that the sell went elsewhere. I'm new to this site and wasn't aware that it would come full circle. I just wanted a $700/$800 book at the better price, as any consumer would. If Court had pulled it from Ebay (it was listed as the "last one"), and set it aside for me, I would never have canceled the PayPal invoice and bought from Hulk.

Do what you will, ban/probation/whatever. This has all gotten far sillier than it ever needed to get.

Edited by Athaxto

To nominate him, you must give him 30 days to make the situation right. In other words, if he is wanting and willing to buy the book from you, he should be able to. Otherwise, there would be no way for him to get off the list.

No matter which way it goes though, it will still be 30 days before he can be nominated for the list. (shrug)

Well, if axthottem (or whatever it is) states he has no intention to follow through, we don't need to wait the 30 days.

Nope. Rule 1 ©

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

A couple questions: I saw Hulk44 canceled with him. Is athaxto trying to get it from you again? Do you want him to? Also, no money or comics have changed hands yet, right?

The other big question is, was he a member of these boards when you agreed to sell to him? If not, the transaction wouldn't be eligible for the probation list. This is the same problem we just had with Beerbong and his $3,600 pulp scam. The buyer wasn't a member of the boards at the time, so Beerbong couldn't go on the probation list for that specific violation.

Here's the deal. He offered a single book for $999 on Ebay. I negotiated it down to $800. I asked for an invoice last night, he worded it incorrectly, and I asked for a corrected version which he sent over this morning. The book availability never left Ebay though, 12+ hours after I asked for the invoice. It was still available for purchase at noon today when I made one last look to make sure it was the one I wanted. Anyone could have bought it at the "buy now" price Court had it listed at.

I happened to find a cheaper one on here, and of course not knowing or thinking that there was such a close bond shared between the two sellers and that a stink would be raised, I asked Hulk via Ebay to help me get registered on the boards so I could claim it. I canceled the original Ebay invoice because I found what I was looking for. I claimed Hulk's book and paid for it.

I get that Court is upset that the sell went elsewhere. I'm new to this site and wasn't aware that it would come full circle. I just wanted a $700/$800 book at the better price, as any consumer would. If Court had pulled it from Ebay (it was listed as the "last one"), and set it aside for me, I would never have canceled the PayPal invoice and bought from Hulk.

Do what you will, ban/probation/whatever. This is all gotten far sillier than it ever needed to get.

So you didn't get Hulk44's. Do you still want the other one?

The other big question is, was he a member of these boards when you agreed to sell to him? If not, the transaction wouldn't be eligible for the probation list. This is the same problem we just had with Beerbong and his $3,600 pulp scam. The buyer wasn't a member of the boards at the time, so Beerbong couldn't go on the probation list for that specific violation.

Wha? Why would that be? Seems like we needn't bother ourselves with silly loopholes. It's two Boardies and a botched deal...

Nope. Rule 1 ©

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

Then burn the witch! :D

We still need to be clear as to whether or not he was a board member at the time, and that it wasn't just from e-bay.

And wouldn't the newbie have a case for putting Hulk44 on the list for refusing to sell the book he paid for? :insane:

Here's the deal. He offered a single book for $999 on Ebay. I negotiated it down to $800. I asked for an invoice last night, he worded it incorrectly, and I asked for a corrected version which he sent over this morning. The book availability never left Ebay though, 12+ hours after I asked for the invoice. It was still available for purchase at noon today when I made one last look to make sure it was the one I wanted. Anyone could have bought it at the "buy now" price Court had it listed at.

Do what you will, ban/probation/whatever. This is all gotten far sillier than it ever needed to get.

So you didn't get Hulk44's. Do you still want the other one?

Also, I'd recommend not burning your bridges here. As you've already noticed this is a great place to buy and sell comics. If you have any interest in jjeanius' comic, I say buy it. This can easily be chalked up to your not knowing how things are done here, and I bet you'll be forgiven if you don't get your back up prematurely.

Nope. Rule 1 ©

We still need to be clear as to whether or not he was a board member at the time, and that it wasn't just from e-bay.

And wouldn't the newbie have a case for putting Hulk44 on the list for refusing to sell the book he paid for? :insane:

I don't get that part.

No. Hulk44 just like all of us has the right to maintain a list of buyers he won't sell to. In this case he is negating a sale to a buyer who is actively trying to screw over another boardie. Definitely acceptable not to go through with that sale.

Nope. Rule 1 ©

I was not a board member when I asked Court for the PayPal invoice from the Ebay offer. I had no clue that Court was a member of these boards. If I did, none of this would have happened.

I saw Hulk's offer on the boards, as it's free to read without registration, and his mention that he had a very expensive book on Ebay. I got on Ebay, found the book and Hulk's Ebay handle, and messaged Hulk via Ebay about getting registered for these boards and claiming/buying his cheaper book.

Nope. Rule 1 ©

I don't get that part.

Because a transaction that can be nominated to the PL has to be between two boardies, though it does not have to take place ON the boards. Joes point (and it is a valid one) is that at the time he made the deal with court he was not a boardie. What makes it difficult is that at the time he BROKE the transaction, he WAS a boardie... so idk

Also, I'd recommend not burning your bridges here. As you've already noticed this is a great place to buy and sell comics. If you have any interest in jjeanius' comic, I say buy it. This can easily be chalked up to your not knowing how things are done here, and I bet you'll be forgiven if you don't get your back up prematurely.

+1

No. Hulk44 just like all of us has the right to maintain a list of buyers he won't sell to. In this case he is negating a sale to a buyer who is actively trying to screw over another boardie. Definitely acceptable not to go through with that sale.

Hulk44 helped the guy sign up :makepoint: ...he signed up at 2:41 today & Hulk's rules don't state that he may choose not to sell to specific people.

Hulk44 helped the guy sign up :makepoint: ...he signed up at 2:41 today & Hulk's rules don't state that he may choose not to sell to specific people.

hasn't he gone ahead and sold the book to someone else while all this has transpired?