Page 41 of 86 « First<3940414243>Last »
Topic Options
#7300223 - 12/29/13 08:49 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
krighton Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio
maybe I overlooked it...didn't see a Give a Show Projector in that mass of lust worthy collectibles.

First time I've seen the universal monsters lunchbox you have.

Edited by krighton (12/29/13 09:09 PM)

#7301785 - 12/30/13 11:14 AM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
Hepcat Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Toronto
My Kenner Give-A-Show Projector:lives on the right-hand side of the second shelf of my overflow cool stuff cabinet:

I have only the one though. I'd like to add several more versions/variants to my collection over the next ten years.

\:\)

Edited by Hepcat (12/30/13 11:18 AM)

#7301935 - 12/30/13 12:16 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
krighton Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ohio
nice...huge problem with the slides bending over time...I have the 2nd edition (No. 503) with Mr. Magoo as one of the characters.

Edited by krighton (12/30/13 12:26 PM)

#7301980 - 12/30/13 12:40 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
Kevin.J Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Surrounded by comics
 Originally Posted By: Hepcat
My Kenner Give-A-Show Projector:lives on the right-hand side of the second shelf of my overflow cool stuff cabinet:

Aw man, thats such a nostalgia rush.
I had a one of these as a kid, seeing it here, I have just had the most vivid smells and memories of it.
My Mother gave it and lots of my other cool stuff, like models, Gerry Anderson sets etc. to my little cousin on a one off visit, when I was at school
Must be nearly 40 years ago now
I never did get anything back

A HarveySwick production

Shipping to the UK is real easy, have a look at My Kudos Thread and see what the experts say.

A - B Pence covers

C - D Pence covers

#7302184 - 12/30/13 01:53 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: krighton]
Hepcat Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: krighton
nice...huge problem with the slides bending over time...I have the 2nd edition (No. 503) with Mr. Magoo as one of the characters.

Was Mr. Magoo the box top feature as Popeye is on mine?

\?\?\?

#7302199 - 12/30/13 02:01 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Kevin.J]
Hepcat Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Kevin.J

I had a one of these as a kid, seeing it here, I have just had the most vivid smells and memories of it.

My Mother gave it and lots of my other cool stuff, like models, Gerry Anderson sets etc. to my little cousin on a one off visit, when I was at school

Parents are like that. They're always deciding their kids are "too old" for something.

My father gave my prize Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist Laboratory set away to the snot-nosed kid down the street after I was packed away to a boarding school in Kennebunkport, Maine for ninth grade.

I'm still trying to replace it. It's actually my #1 toy priority.

\:\(

#7302237 - 12/30/13 02:23 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
Kevin.J Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Surrounded by comics
 Originally Posted By: Kevin.J

Parents are like that. They're always deciding their kids are "too old" for something.

My father gave my prize Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist Laboratory set away to the snot-nosed kid down the street after I was packed away to a boarding school in Kennebunkport, Maine for ninth grade.

I'm still trying to replace it. It's actually my #1 toy priority.

\:\(

Never seen that before, not sure we got that here in the UK, good luck on your quest

A HarveySwick production

Shipping to the UK is real easy, have a look at My Kudos Thread and see what the experts say.

A - B Pence covers

C - D Pence covers

#7302395 - 12/30/13 03:14 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
comicwiz Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I have only the one though. I'd like to add several more versions/variants to my collection over the next ten years.

\:\)

I had an opportunity to purchase a 1950's period give a show projector. It had three different selections, and if memory serves correct, one of them was The Phantom. The guy wanted WAY TOO MUCH money for it, and it wasn't complete. He also didn't test it, and conveniently didn't have batteries with him to allow me to test it either. There all over the place online. I think the earliest one of these that I've seen is the Laurel and Hardy B&W slide version. I've skipped the Star Wars one many times, but if the Archie one popped-up somewhere, that is one I wouldn't mind having.

#7302421 - 12/30/13 03:26 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: comicwiz]
Hepcat Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: comicwiz
I had an opportunity to purchase a 1950's period give a show projector.

Hmmmmm. Kenner introduced its Give-A-Show Projectors in 1959. Are you sure you're not thinking of a View-Master?

These were introduced some years earlier in the fifties.

\?\?\?

Edited by Hepcat (12/30/13 03:29 PM)

#7302462 - 12/30/13 03:44 PM Re: As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat. [Re: Hepcat]
comicwiz Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Definitely give-a-show. They've been around at least since the 1950's. There were also foreign lines (Chad Valley, Peak Cine). The first one below shows Lassie, Three Pigs and Peter Pan I believe. The one I had seen had Top Hat, The Phantom and I can't remember the third one. Also, you'll notice the one pictured below has two sets of slides in addition to the box:

Page 41 of 86 « First<3940414243>Last »

Moderator:  plitch, Architecht, cgcmod4, cgcmod7, cgcmod5, cgcmod3-migration, Gemma, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2-migration, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Comics Marketplace
Advertisements

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing