• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,114 posts in this topic

My Kenner Give-A-Show Projector:lives on the right-hand side of the second shelf of my overflow cool stuff cabinet:

GiveaShow.jpg

GiveaShowinside.jpg

DSCN3162_zps73be4eb4.jpg

I have only the one though. I'd like to add several more versions/variants to my collection over the next ten years.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

My Kenner Give-A-Show Projector:lives on the right-hand side of the second shelf of my overflow cool stuff cabinet:

GiveaShow.jpg

GiveaShowinside.jpg

Aw man, thats such a nostalgia rush.

I had a one of these as a kid, seeing it here, I have just had the most vivid smells and memories of it.

My Mother gave it and lots of my other cool stuff, like models, Gerry Anderson sets etc. to my little cousin on a one off visit, when I was at school :cry:

Must be nearly 40 years ago now :pullhair:

I never did get anything back :frustrated:

I had a one of these as a kid, seeing it here, I have just had the most vivid smells and memories of it.

My Mother gave it and lots of my other cool stuff, like models, Gerry Anderson sets etc. to my little cousin on a one off visit, when I was at school :cry:

Parents are like that. They're always deciding their kids are "too old" for something.

My father gave my prize Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist Laboratory set away to the snot-nosed kid down the street after I was packed away to a boarding school in Kennebunkport, Maine for ninth grade.

4562075255_671eaa206b_b.jpg

I'm still trying to replace it. It's actually my #1 toy priority.

:(

Parents are like that. They're always deciding their kids are "too old" for something.

My father gave my prize Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist Laboratory set away to the snot-nosed kid down the street after I was packed away to a boarding school in Kennebunkport, Maine for ninth grade.

4562075255_671eaa206b_b.jpg

I'm still trying to replace it. It's actually my #1 toy priority.

:(

Never seen that before, not sure we got that here in the UK, good luck on your quest :wishluck:

GiveaShow.jpg

GiveaShowinside.jpg

DSCN3162_zps73be4eb4.jpg

I have only the one though. I'd like to add several more versions/variants to my collection over the next ten years.

I had an opportunity to purchase a 1950's period give a show projector. It had three different selections, and if memory serves correct, one of them was The Phantom. The guy wanted WAY TOO MUCH money for it, and it wasn't complete. He also didn't test it, and conveniently didn't have batteries with him to allow me to test it either. There all over the place online. I think the earliest one of these that I've seen is the Laurel and Hardy B&W slide version. I've skipped the Star Wars one many times, but if the Archie one popped-up somewhere, that is one I wouldn't mind having.

I had an opportunity to purchase a 1950's period give a show projector.

Hmmmmm. Kenner introduced its Give-A-Show Projectors in 1959. Are you sure you're not thinking of a View-Master?

view-master.jpg

These were introduced some years earlier in the fifties.

???

Edited by Hepcat

Definitely give-a-show. They've been around at least since the 1950's. There were also foreign lines (Chad Valley, Peak Cine). The first one below shows Lassie, Three Pigs and Peter Pan I believe. The one I had seen had Top Hat, The Phantom and I can't remember the third one. Also, you'll notice the one pictured below has two sets of slides in addition to the box:

give-a-show_zpsd4e5b668.jpg

plasticthunderbirds-007.JPG

First time I've seen the universal monsters lunchbox you have.

Here are some closeup pictures of my Universal Monsters lunch box:

MonsterLunchBox.jpg

MonsterLunchBox2.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside4.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside3.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside2.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxinside.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxThermos.jpg

And here's the thermos:

MonsterThermos6.jpg

MonsterThermos.jpg

MonsterThermos4.jpg

MonsterThermos3.jpg

MonsterThermos2.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

nice...huge problem with the slides bending over time...I have the 2nd edition (No. 503) with Mr. Magoo as one of the characters.

Was Mr. Magoo the box top feature as Popeye is on mine?

???

actually the main picture on mine is Popeye also...so we must have the same one.....three stooges, mighty mouse, etc. on the right hand side.

Edited by krighton

Hepcat, do you collect any tile/slide puzzles or pencil tops? That Universal lunchbox is amazing, mind blowing collection.

I'd like to borrow your time machine, most of your stuff looks brand new.

Edited by krighton

well, finally found one you don't have...that's worth asking anyways. Shaker Maker was a Fun toy, bit like a plaster of paris molding contraption that sets to a solid and then you paint them.

I painted a lady hippie for my grandmother, she had it on display in her kitchen till she died a few years ago.

I painted a lady hippie for my grandmother, she had it on display in her kitchen till she died a few years ago.

It's memories of that kind that give toys real meaning.

Edited by Hepcat

First time I've seen the universal monsters lunchbox you have.

Here are some closeup pictures of my Universal Monsters lunch box:

MonsterLunchBox.jpg

MonsterLunchBox2.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside4.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside3.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside2.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxside.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxinside.jpg

MonsterLunchBoxThermos.jpg

And here's the thermos:

MonsterThermos6.jpg

MonsterThermos.jpg

MonsterThermos4.jpg

MonsterThermos3.jpg

MonsterThermos2.jpg

:cool:

Been looking for one of these. Where did you get it?

Great item!

Kind Regards,

mint