• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

lol

I guess my Spidey sense isn't broken after all. I PM'd him not to bid on my auctions but then changed my mind. I guess I'll see after he gets his books. Very relaxed about paying but wants payment in 48 hours.

I feel a little bad about bashing the guy out here in public...

I don't think there's any bashing, just guessing. Many have come on the boards, guns blazing and then fit right in. It seems all people did was link me to his own posts after I asked why he was being ignored. Seems most are on the fence.

not to defend him (HS did point out he is my friend) but he is lacking a little common sense and it isn't malicious in anyway (I like to give people the benefit of the doubt) I wouldn't give him the thumbs up but wouldn't give him thumbs down either.

He'll learn or he'll leave. It's the name of the game.

not to defend him (HS did point out he is my friend) but he is lacking a little common sense and it isn't malicious in anyway (I like to give people the benefit of the doubt) I wouldn't give him the thumbs up but wouldn't give him thumbs down either.

He'll learn or he'll leave or get kicked out. It's the name of the game.

fixed

..and he was really nice during the charity auction for Trevor.

I didn't think it was too nice when he posted a lowball offer on a book right in Trevor's thread, then said he was just joking...if he was nice after that, it's because he saw the pain coming from that lowball nonsense.

Thanks for reminding me.

I really didn't pay attention to his first post there (I was a little busy) and before I read the whole thing it was pulled so I missed most of it. I knew he he had posted something and was trying to make up for it by buying stuff but I was not going to tell him not to try and help. He didn't impress me in a bad way, just in an overly eager puppy dog kind of way.

Last night I sent him a link to this thread so he could read it, suggested he back off on the 3% and he did...so I think the intention is there.

I just finished the reading the thread about the hero/expert/dr/grading expert/ etc stuff.. doh!:facepalm: That was Pretty bad, lol. I guess up there in the classic thread category;)

I suggested he back off the sales forum for a few months until he learns a little more and that he should tone down.

I also gave him a link to Andy G's, newbie thread, suggested he read it and post something

real.

Anyway, all I can do is suggest. I'm done with that for now and I do understand after reading the "classic" thread why everyone is posting what they have. Thanks to the person who posted the link...I might have gotten a few extra hours of sleep if they had not;) but it was entertaining.

He's a college student. I still don't get the impression he's a bad guy, but he obviously needs to cool his jets and back off for a spell. He also needs to decide if he wants to be a real member here, or Walter Mitty on speed.

lol

I guess my Spidey sense isn't broken after all. I PM'd him not to bid on my auctions but then changed my mind. I guess I'll see after he gets his books. Very relaxed about paying but wants payment in 48 hours.

I don't think there's any bashing, just guessing. Many have come on the boards, guns blazing and then fit right in. It seems all people did was link me to his own posts after I asked why he was being ignored. Seems most are on the fence.

Sorry, I didn't mean you were bashing. I actually had some nice bashing in my post above after the ellipsis, but removed it 'cuz I felt bad. And of course, that left it vague and looking like I was referring to you... :ohnoez:

Gonna hijack the thread cause Sky mentioned Walter Mitty... Sky did you see it? I saw the trailer and was interested but then remembered its a Ben Stiller movie and have been on the fence... Should I go see it?

lol

Nobody bashed him, so don't feel bad. I think the "bro" comment is what has caught some attention. The sales threads have just added to the attention.

:foryou:

Gonna hijack the thread cause Sky mentioned Walter Mitty... Sky did you see it? I saw the trailer and was interested but then remembered its a Ben Stiller movie and have been on the fence... Should I go see it?

No, I saw the Danny Kaye version a few times...I'm not sure that I want to see Stiller after seeing the original...but I must have seen a reference to the new version, so the name was on my mind;)

You know the ending to the original Thurber story was not a happy one. They improved it in the movies.

I guess the CG new member post approach lasted for about 4 minutes.

:takeit: to help that cause :)

Thanks! PM incoming.

always down to help a good cause

not to mention its a sweet book, have a soft spot for old Donald :)

just be happy I didnt low ball you :roflmao:

Always super to joke around about lowballing people in a charity thread.

doh!

I guess the CG new member post approach lasted for about 4 minutes.

:takeit: to help that cause :)

Thanks! PM incoming.

always down to help a good cause

not to mention its a sweet book, have a soft spot for old Donald :)

just be happy I didnt low ball you :roflmao:

Always super to joke around about lowballing people in a charity thread.

doh!

I'm still :wishluck: