• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

w14clhS.jpg

20th Century Fox feature film 'The Fantastic Four' casting lead actors

Filmmaker Josh Trank will direct "The Fantastic Four" from a screenplay written by Jeremy Slater, with revisions and polishes by Simon Kinberg. Trank made his film directorial debut with the Twentieth Century Fox feature film "Chronicle", which was made on a $12 million budget and raked in over $127 million at the box office. After completion of "The Fantastic Four", Trank will direct the Warner Bros. feature film "The Red Star" based on the comic book by Christian Gossett. He is also attached to direct Sony Pictures film adaptation of the video game "Shadow of the Colossus".

Now is your chance

6NB7vo9.gif

Teaser Trailer link

Teaser Trailer w/commentary link

Story:

Two friends (who end up being Mr. Fantastic and The Thing), starts with them being really young. An event happens at 16 that changes them, instead of being superheroes, they are basically owned by the government and used as weapons.

doh!doh!doh!

So, basically, they're going to :censored: it up again.

Story:

Two friends (who end up being Mr. Fantastic and The Thing), starts with them being really young. An event happens at 16 that changes them, instead of being superheroes, they are basically owned by the government and used as weapons.

doh!doh!doh!

When I saw the the thread I thought it can't get worst than he last one. 30 second later I read this and already know it wil be worst...

It amazes me that Fox hasn't learned ANYTHING from the way that Disney/Marvel has handled their properties. Truly baffling...

I really want to see a good Fantastic Four movie. I really do.

This isn't winning me over. :(

It amazes me that Fox hasn't learned ANYTHING from the way that Disney/Marvel has handled their properties. Truly baffling...

I really want to see a good Fantastic Four movie. I really do.

This isn't winning me over. :(

In all seriousness, I don't think it can be done in movie form. Too many characters plus a villain(s). Origin stories for all, and then a plot? Can't be done in two hours of screen time. Just look at Spider-Man 3 and Batman 3.

The FF would be better off as a tv series, where they have the time to flesh out all the characters on a weekly basis.

Without Michael Chiklis, who is the kiss of death.

Give the rights back to Disney!

I mean... I agree.

MIght as well keep your pants around your ankles because Fox is never giving up the rights to FF or Spider-Man.

I mean... I agree.

MIght as well keep your pants around your ankles because Fox is never giving up the rights to FF or Spider-Man.

:frustrated:

I mean... I agree.

After the whole Daredevil-Galactus-Silver Surfer-Elektra movie rights situation earlier this year, I think behind the scenes the studios parted on bad terms.

- Fox wanted to keep Daredevil - Marvel took it back

- Marvel wanted Galactus and Silver Surfer - Fox kept them

- Marvel assumed they got Elektra back in the mix with Daredevil - Fox pointed out otherwise.

Fox Doesn't Want To Give Up Galactus, Marvel Studios To Get Daredevil Back?

We may have seen a real representation of Galactus in Avengers 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, or even an Inhumans movie.

ARRRGH. Marvel will just keep cranking out solid movies with $500mm worldwide as the bar. Fox can keep trying, but failing.

Eventually Marvel will get ahold of it, fold the FF into the cinematic universe and off we go.

I also agree about being better on TV. I think 13 one-hour episodes (or should I say 'issues') and watching it on demand with no commercials is going to trump 3/4 of the comic movies that have been made.

ARRRGH. Marvel will just keep cranking out solid movies with $500mm worldwide as the bar. Fox can keep trying, but failing.

Eventually Marvel will get ahold of it, fold the FF into the cinematic universe and off we go.

I also agree about being better on TV. I think 13 one-hour episodes (or should I say 'issues') and watching it on demand with no commercials is going to trump 3/4 of the comic movies that have been made.

:makepoint: You nailed the point in the TV idea! For years I`ve alway believed that the FF gang is better suited for TV series. There is so much characters within this comic book series that need be built into a great enjoyment to watch.

No 2-hour feature movies are enough to flesh out the major characters in ONE shot! Look to how Star Wars was done and now at 6 movies later ... it's still not enough. Already we're gonna see the 7th movie coming. That is why Marvel is taking their time in paving over with all the Avengers/Iron Man/Thor/Hulk storylines.

Fox will never grasp how it should be. I won't be watching this FF movie. :sumo:

Story:

doh!doh!doh!

Wtf! Like Weapon X?

Fox are going to find a way to jam Wolverine into this, aren't they? :facepalm: