• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get a bunch of animated Marvel/DC things in a couple weeks, I haven't seen too many, as a kid I loved the Amazing Spiderman and the Silver Surfer cartoons, but haven't seen many of the modern ones... which are the ones that are MUST SEES?

Thanks guys and Merry Christmas :banana:

My favorite will always be the late 60's Spider-man cartoon, because I can't imagine a better JJJ.

As far as more modern, I think the last thing I saw that I liked was the X-Men cartoon from the early 90's? Seemed it was pretty on with the comics, had some classic episodes from the comics, etc....Still my favorite Wolverine voice...

GI JOE. I love that comic series and the cartoon series was to die for :cloud9: They had a few "unrealistic" (NO DER) parts, but overall, I loved it. The cartoon series was always much more upbeat and kid friendly than the comic, but I still loved the comic. I do have one question, esp. for the Silent Master. In one GI Joe cartoon, did Gung Ho say, Ace, i don't F*** around with luck?" I swear I replayed that 500 times and I'm positive that's what the PG 90's show said (shrug) Whatever...

Of the DC stuff the original Batman Adventures is a must see.

I'm not a big DC guy, but it's really, really, well done.

I LOVE this series. IMO this is undoubtedly THE best animated superhero series ever made. This is what drew me to comics and made me a believer for life.

Pure awesomeness :applause:

I've been addicted to the Marvel "Superhero Squad Show". I swear they inject some of the funniest stuff for adults during "The Infinity Guantlet" season. The episode (The Ballad of Beta Bill) where Thor is marooned on a space-station with Beta Ray Bill was pretty hysterical for show aimed at the wee ones.

Also, the Wolverine team-up with H.E.R.B.I.E. :roflmao:

Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

Batman Mask of the Phantasm.

Peace,

Chip

The best Batman movies, cartoon or live action. Anything DCU done by Bruce Timm (Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League and JLU) is worth watching. Marvel cartoons not so much but they are getting better.

The Wonder Woman movie (voiced by Kerri Russell) was quite good. The double dic DVD has the history of WW, that's very interesting also.

I paid $4 shipped for a brand new double-disc off of Ebay recently, and was shocked nobody else bid on this $.99 starting price lot.

:cloud9:

The recent Avengers series that ran on Disney DX channel was one of my faves. True to the comics in flavor, some storylines straight from the pages, and the voice actors were all top notch, and matched well to their characters

Haven't seen an episode in a while, does anyone know if it's still in production?

The recent Avengers series that ran on Disney DX channel was one of my faves. True to the comics in flavor, some storylines straight from the pages, and the voice actors were all top notch, and matched well to their characters

Haven't seen an episode in a while, does anyone know if it's still in production?

Yes, the DC movies generally kick . Marvel movies are not so certain, but I did enjoy Planet Hulk. Cool flick, that.