• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

smashdash

(added 2/5/13 - 13th "Hall of Shame" Member)

twen37 aka thocelizabeth aka elizabeth7372013 on ebay aka The House Of Comics.com aka Thomas Neely and/or Elizabeth Neely

(added 6/28/13 - 14th "Hall of Shame" Member) - note - this is a different dealer than CGC board member HouseofComics.Com

The Silver-Age

(added 9/7/13 - 15th "Hall of Shame" member)

Red Rocks

(added 11/1/13 - 16th "Hall of Shame" Member)

So, is this a result of more people finding the site or just randomness?

4 in a year....as opposed to two last year

Probably more people finding the site. This year seemed to have more scammers and people posting books without reading the rules, so naturally other problems would surface along with that.

Could it be that the community has become less tolerant and quicker to vote members into the HOS?

Yes, way to quick lately.

Edited by highradart

smashdash

twen37 aka thocelizabeth aka elizabeth7372013 on ebay aka The House Of Comics.com aka Thomas Neely and/or Elizabeth Neely

(added 6/28/13 - 14th "Hall of Shame" Member) - note - this is a different dealer than CGC board member HouseofComics.Com

The Silver-Age

Red Rocks

Probably more people finding the site. This year seemed to have more scammers and people posting books without reading the rules, so naturally other problems would surface along with that.

Could it be that the community has become less tolerant and quicker to vote members into the HOS?

Folks like Cap Freak got away with murder for years because of how the rules were lightly enforced back then. Especially due to his age, people felt bad and kept allowing him off the PL. So you could even say his situation was unique.

But there were others like the reseller that kept coming off and on the list, even when he resold whole long boxes of books with water-damaged comics mixed in with multiples of the same issues like the Army PX comic Heroes Inc. I think he got off the list again after that by making things right with everyone, even though he had lied about what was in the boxes as "mystery sales - no duplicates - store stock fresh".

So I am not sure if it is being too quick, or learning a lesson over time how much to tolerate and when. I guess it depends on if you were impacted previously or not how sensitive you may be to a given situation.

smashdash

The Silver-Age

Red Rocks

Folks like Cap Freak got away with murder for years because of how the rules were lightly enforced back then. Especially due to his age, people felt bad and kept allowing him off the PL. So you could even say his situation was unique.

But there were others like the reseller that kept coming off and on the list, even when he resold whole long boxes of books with water-damaged comics mixed in with multiples of the same issues like the Army PX comic Heroes Inc. I think he got off the list again after that by making things right with everyone, even though he had lied about what was in the boxes as "mystery sales - no duplicates - store stock fresh".

So I am not sure if it is being too quick, or learning a lesson over time how much to tolerate and when. I guess it depends on if you were impacted previously or not how sensitive you may be to a given situation.

And now we vote them in for a late refund and delaying a sketch opp by 4 weeks. Yay us.

Voting ended today. Menace is in the HOS.

You should edit your update in the other thread:

- Menace now appears on both lists, I believe someone "moving up" to the HOS gets taken off the PL

- Remove your signature from the post

He was way too excited to add him. :gossip:

smashdash

The Silver-Age

Red Rocks

And now we vote them in for a late refund and delaying a sketch opp by 4 weeks. Yay us.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...

There are quite a few but apparently just not the majority of voters. Hard to tell though.

Quite a few what?

Quite a few who thought the HOS was inappropriate in this case.

There are quite a few but apparently just not the majority of voters. Hard to tell though.

Quite a few what?

Quite a few who thought the HOS was inappropriate in this case.

So, how do you get out of the HOS, is it just another vote.

If so, why not start a poll and show this up for the farce that it is

The majority of people who posted thought the HOS was too harsh and yet the majority of people who anonymously voted put him in the HOS. :eyeroll:

Really? Wow, that's pretty interesting. Maybe the anonymous vote is the right way to go. It'd be interesting to try that for a while and see if we get different results.

And don't be too quick to :eyeroll: at the sheep (I assume that's what the :eyeroll: was for). There are other possible explanations.

Has Menace refunded everyone who wanted or needed a refund ? hm

Only one refund that I'm aware of and it's done. Apparently one open sketch opp and the books will be at CGC after the holidays. (shrug)

Good thing we saved the community from him. :eyeroll:

Edited by Branget

The majority of people who posted thought the HOS was too harsh and yet the majority of people who anonymously voted put him in the HOS. :eyeroll:

Really? Wow, that's pretty interesting. Maybe the anonymous vote is the right way to go. It'd be interesting to try that for a while and see if we get different results.

And don't be too quick to :eyeroll: at the sheep (I assume that's what the :eyeroll: was for). There are other possible explanations.

Sheep. You nailed it. (thumbs u

Only one refund that I'm aware of and it's done. Apparently one open sketch opp and the books will be at CGC after the holidays. (shrug)

I just can't see putting this guy in the HOS if he has tried... and is continuing to try... to get the job done.

I know a member who can call moderation and get things done in less than 24 hours... maybe we can have him instantly taken off. hm

Having a vote to remove him makes even less sense to me because I'd personally like to see the sketch opp completed. Since he can be voted out and people still would not have received their books this whole process is even more laughable.

I just can't see putting this guy in the HOS if he has tried... and is continuing to try... to get the job done.

I know a member who can call moderation and get things done in less than 24 hours... maybe we can have him instantly taken off. hm

I have no idea what you're talking about and yet I'm very interested. hm

I have no idea what you're talking about and yet I'm very interested. hm

Since he's in the HOS, he really doesn't have any reason to try to get anything done now. No refunds, no books, no anything.

I know the guy didn't handle his business to the best of his abilities... but it appeared he was trying.