Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#7274679 - 12/19/13 11:06 PM The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault)
Fastballspecial Online   happy
TOTAL NEWBIE

So the History Channel will be running a show on the escavation of Oak Island. The writer of the Vault from a few years ago based his comic off the story around Oak Island.

MYSTERY OF OAK ISLAND

Edited by Fastballspecial (12/19/13 11:06 PM)

#7274747 - 12/19/13 11:20 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Fastballspecial]
NinjaSealed Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Oak Island has fascinated me ever since I was a child. Probably my favorite treasure/treasure myth story around. At some point in my life I have read just about every book and article on the Island available.
#7274769 - 12/19/13 11:27 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: NinjaSealed]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: reading my comics ignoring u
Cool ..I have always thought it was a very interesting mystery..
As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
*Spoon you* I'm eating!

#7274784 - 12/19/13 11:32 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Not*Sure*]
Buzzetta Offline

Just when I thought I was going to go to bed...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York State of Mind
Interesting - just skimmed some stuff concerning this. Seems interesting and will check it out.

Buzzetta's CAF Gallery: A Little Bit of This… A Little Bit of That...

Spread Love it's the Brooklyn Way.

#7274806 - 12/19/13 11:39 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Buzzetta]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

You had never heard of Oak Island? It was discovered 1795. Some weird stuff.
Theories range from pirates to aliens..

Could be ANYTHING!! lol
As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

*Spoon you* I'm eating!

#7274813 - 12/19/13 11:43 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Not*Sure*]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

That article is unintentionally funny to me.

What I got out of it was "The legend says 7 will die before the incredible treasure is discovered. Six have already died COOL is one of these guys gonna die and THEN they find a treasure..

it's like "Tune in folks someone could DIE"

*Spoon you* I'm eating!

#7274820 - 12/19/13 11:47 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Fastballspecial]
Catwomancomics Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

\(thumbs u Sounds interesting. I will have to watch.
#7274827 - 12/19/13 11:50 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Catwomancomics]
NinjaSealed Offline

There is an Ancient Aliens segment on Oak Island. They weren't saying it was aliens.......but \(shrug\) (It's aliens)
#7274845 - 12/19/13 11:59 PM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: NinjaSealed]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

yep

Attachments
143585.jpg
Description:

*Spoon you* I'm eating!

#7274849 - 12/20/13 12:00 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Not*Sure*]
Not*Sure* Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I just love Giorgio Tsoukalo his hair is mesmerizing..

*Spoon you* I'm eating!

#7274853 - 12/20/13 12:01 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Fastballspecial]
Heresy Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Dallas, TX
I had read/watched a lot about Oak Island and that is what got me to buy 'The Vault' and it ended up being a pretty good comic.

#7274897 - 12/20/13 12:13 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Not*Sure*]
Hado Offline

Banana Shrimp

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Not*Sure*
yep
lol

#7274905 - 12/20/13 12:17 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Hado]
NinjaSealed Offline

The ancient aliens crew have one of the coolest jobs on the planet. I remember when half of them were just complete nut bags posting crazy videos on youtube and doing seminars with 3 people sitting in them. Now they are all pulling in 6 figures.
#7274948 - 12/20/13 12:33 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Not*Sure*]
BlowUpTheMoon Online   offline

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Happy Birthday OakIsland!

#7275461 - 12/20/13 08:15 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
Jeffro™ Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Mount Crumpit
 Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon

lol

#7275539 - 12/20/13 08:59 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Not*Sure*]
dgarthwaite Offline

I don't believe there is a treasure there. I believe it is a mine for minerals used in making cement. At the time it was dug, that would've been a valuable and desirable commodity.

DG

#7275649 - 12/20/13 10:00 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: dgarthwaite]
Dr. Balls Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: UP THE IRONS!
They need Geraldo to narrate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Need a new logo? Send a PM + Work I've done for Boardies + My CAF page
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

#7275665 - 12/20/13 10:08 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Dr. Balls]
Jeffro™ Offline

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Mount Crumpit
The story of Oak Island has fascinated me since Nimoy took me "In Search Of" back in the 70s.

I have no idea if anything is down there but with modern technology, we should be able to find out right?

#7275737 - 12/20/13 10:42 AM Re: The Mystery of Oak Island Jan5th History Channel (Premise for the Vault) [Re: Jeffro™]
Hibou Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Upstate New York
 Originally Posted By: Jeffro
 Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon

lol

lol lol

Seriously though, I too love the story of Oak Island and will certainly watch this!

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: Several Morgans and 1835 Half Dime - Free Shipping
by A.Phillips
06:51 PM
FS: Canada 1936 $ NGC MS64 @ Christmas Gift price. SOLD
by agentjim007
05:39 PM
Any Macau / Japan paper money for sale?
by Beebeepan
03:27 AM
Looking to buy and sell confederate notes
by aps
12/17/14 10:12 PM
Comics Marketplace
Movie Poster Originasl Art Holiday Sale!
by artdealer
Ends Sunday 12/19 Very Large Fantastic Four auctions
by Melestav
07:23 PM
FS: Lootcrate Exclusives Pop Joker-Batman Batman/Batman 36
by sketchman
05:20 PM
Flash Annual #2 FIVE COPIES! OMFG!!
by Revat
05:18 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles