• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct and Star in Neil Gaiman's Sandman

84 posts in this topic

Deadline is reporting Joseph Gordon-Levitt is negotiating with Warner Bros. not only to star in a big screen take on Neil Gaiman's Sandman, but is planning to direct as well. David Goyer will provide the screenplay.

Gordon-Levitt has confirmed the news, posting the following to his Twitter account:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm incredibly honored to be working with David Goyer, Warner Bros, and @neilhimself on SANDMAN. #Prelude"

The use of the "Prelude" hashtag is of some interest as it suggests that Goyer's -script might focus on the series' first collection, "Preludes and Nocturnes," which detail the earthly imprisonment of Dream, his escape and his reclamation of various objects of power.

=======================================

Does Blue Horseshoe love Sandman comics now?

I've never read a single issue. Now that we are years removed from the book does the title still hold up and is it worth reading?

Buy the Absolute Sandman HC and see what you think. Well worth the money, and the stories still hold up no it being years later. Especially since you never read it before.

I've never read a single issue. Now that we are years removed from the book does the title still hold up and is it worth reading?

Buy the Absolute Sandman HC and see what you think. Well worth the money, and the stories still hold up no it being years later. Especially since you never read it before.

Agreed. (thumbs u

The best comic series ever written.

Ever.

It's not a comic. It's literature.

Agreed. (thumbs u

Dang Samsung Galaxy Android auto - correct feature.

"... Even now with it being years later."

Agreed. (thumbs u

Dang Samsung Galaxy Android auto - correct feature.

"... Even now with it being years later."

We knew what you meant.

:)

So it looks like Vertigo is becoming a goldmine for DC.

Hellblazer, Preacher, I Zombie and now Sandman.

I wonder what other Vertigo characters will be an option?

Due to his links to some of these characters, and the Dark Justice focus from Del Toro, Swamp Thing could potentially come up.