• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

you mean you need to know the plot lines, villains appearances. etc...to know which books to speculate? :baiting:

I dont think this show will do anything in terms of value to DD books quite frankly other than issue 1.

I am more interested to know if they have announced actors, premise, etc to know if they are serious about making this thing work and give us a series that will last. And I hope they stay away from Kingpin and Elektra. There is a lot mote to Daredevil then that premise.

Well, if anyone remembered the prices action of the key DD books a few years back when the DD movie was announced...they shouldn't "speculate" at all but that won't stop the crowds....I think it is nut but I am not the one buying or selling.

you mean you need to know the plot lines, villains appearances. etc...to know which books to speculate? :baiting:

I dont think this show will do anything in terms of value to DD books quite frankly other than issue 1.

I am more interested to know if they have announced actors, premise, etc to know if they are serious about making this thing work and give us a series that will last. And I hope they stay away from Kingpin and Elektra. There is a lot mote to Daredevil then that premise.

I'm very fond of Daredevil, particularly the Miller run, but the Bendis and Waid run as well. One of the only characters I can honestly say I've enjoyed reading throughout the years - and can still find enjoyment in re-reading them.

So initially I was a bit disappointed that DD was getting a limited TV show and not another movie. But after reflecting on it, it might be for the best.

When a character gets the movie treatment, it seems like there's the pressure to make the story earth-shatteringly huge with a capital H to justify the movie treatment. I think that's one of the reasons they felt the need to cram DD's origin and the entire Elektra saga into the first movie - all of which could have been better developed over the course of three movies.

But with a TV series, hopefully there's less of a need to make ever episode "epic" and stories can be more intimate and character-centric. With lots of action too.

I genuinely hope this is done well. But the Agent's of SHIELD show doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence.

It shouldn't even be a shock to anyone that Kingpin, Bullseye and Elektra will be the big 3 unless the writers think Stilt Man or the Jester are fans' favorites.

:wishluck:

Unless I am mistaken Someone else owns right to Elektra

It shouldn't even be a shock to anyone that Kingpin, Bullseye and Elektra will be the big 3 unless the writers think Stilt Man or the Jester are fans' favorites.

You are correct, from the Marvel Rights thread discussion we found out the two characters were split out when it comes to movie rights.

20th Century Fox has movie rights to Elektra

Just to add confusion to the discussion...

The "Daredevil" film rights have returned to Marvel, but what about Elektra? Fans have worried about the fate of the favorite Marvel Comics character ever since the Daredevil deal went through, and now Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has come forward to set the record straight...sorta.

"Elektra is part of the Daredevil contract, I believe," he told Collider. "I believe, don't quote me on that, I'd have to check with legal and it would take a long time and I'd have to get on the phone with business affairs, but I think she's included under the Daredevil rights agreement."

It remains to be seen if Marvel incorporates these newly regained comic book characters into its future MCU phases. Feige said recently that the studio doesn't plan to reboot "Daredevil" any time soon.

"There comes a time in contracts where, if a studio is done making the movies, [the characters] come home," he said at Entertainment Weekly's CapeTown Film Festival. "That doesn't mean we're going to make another movie. But it means they’re back in the fold, which is where we want them to be."

If Daredevil isn't going to be getting his own standalone movie, it seems even less likely that Elekra will. But still, there's always the chance they could get incorporated into the upcoming "The Avengers" sequels or on television. We recently figured out five ways to work Daredevil into the current Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Elektra could be worked in too using a few of these methods. Fingers crossed.

Just to add confusion to the discussion...

The "Daredevil" film rights have returned to Marvel, but what about Elektra? Fans have worried about the fate of the favorite Marvel Comics character ever since the Daredevil deal went through, and now Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has come forward to set the record straight...sorta.

"Elektra is part of the Daredevil contract, I believe," he told Collider. "I believe, don't quote me on that, I'd have to check with legal and it would take a long time and I'd have to get on the phone with business affairs, but I think she's included under the Daredevil rights agreement."

It remains to be seen if Marvel incorporates these newly regained comic book characters into its future MCU phases. Feige said recently that the studio doesn't plan to reboot "Daredevil" any time soon.

"There comes a time in contracts where, if a studio is done making the movies, [the characters] come home," he said at Entertainment Weekly's CapeTown Film Festival. "That doesn't mean we're going to make another movie. But it means they’re back in the fold, which is where we want them to be."

If Daredevil isn't going to be getting his own standalone movie, it seems even less likely that Elekra will. But still, there's always the chance they could get incorporated into the upcoming "The Avengers" sequels or on television. We recently figured out five ways to work Daredevil into the current Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Elektra could be worked in too using a few of these methods. Fingers crossed.

I think there was some studio spite with this decision, as Fox wanted to keep Daredevil and Marvel wanted Galactus and Silver Surfer. There were some loses in this dispute, including poor Elektra.

The Jester was great in the 1970's.