• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dry clean: dirt, soil etc...
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Actually Its pretty easy to do. You just have to rub very lightly with a nice soft eraser. Only go in one direction not back and forth always towards the edge. Essentially you are not erasing but just getting the dirt to adhere to the eraser instead of the book. Clean the eraser and repeat.

I like to use a pink school eraser and i rub the eraser on a desk or table until the hard finish comes off the eraser and its nice and gummy.

I am a bull in a china shop and I have got it to work. Works best on dirty books other types of dirt or stains best left for the Pro's. But that book in the pic is an easy clean job IMO

The best kind of eraser to use on comics is called a drafting eraser.

They dont look like an eraser most people are used to. They are actually very similar to silly putty in appearance because of how malleable they are.

Another way to dry clean a comic is something called a Dry Cleaning Pad by Staedtler.

One of these days I will get around to posting a video of the proper ways to dry clean a comic. I don't think this information needs to stay so esoteric.

Also much of my training came from my internship at the Smithsonian in document restoration from my schooling in historical archaeology.

One of these days I will get around to posting a video of the proper ways to dry clean a comic. I don't think this information needs to stay so esoteric.

This would be most welcome. It's something I've always wondered about and have seen many ask about. I have a few beater books I've experimented with, and the results have not been impressive.

This would be most welcome. It's something I've always wondered about and have seen many ask about. I have a few beater books I've experimented with, and the results have not been impressive.

Once I got back into comics I realized my training would be beneficial on comics when I learned that neither dry cleaning or pressing were considered restoration on comics.

I just had to laugh at how secretive people try to be about it.

I plan to do multiple videos on dry cleaning do's and don'ts as well as videos on pressing do's and don'ts.

Once I got back into comics I realized my training would be beneficial on comics when I learned that neither dry cleaning or pressing were considered restoration on comics.

I just had to laugh at how secretive people try to be about it.

I plan to do multiple videos on dry cleaning do's and don'ts as well as videos on pressing do's and don'ts.

Count me among those who would love to see this. (thumbs u