• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My advice, do more than just put up a poll. Write up an explanation for why he is being nominated and put in as many arguments as possible, because lots of people are going to come to vote and if they don't know anything about what is going on, they might vote no.

+1

I can say HOS is worthy for Menace. He seems to not care about his customers anymore. He has been a repeat offender. I am sure others are out there but they are scared to come forward due to the fact they want their items.

Clarification please....are we talking about a CGC employee or a representative?

This is making me very wary of submitting books at a convention for signing and so forth...

My understanding is that Menace is a facilitator who has been authorized to be a witness for CGC. While not an employee of CGC he does enjoy certain benefits, including the ability to witness sketches and signatures and then submit them for Yellow Label. This can be a very lucrative business and it seems that several boardies are upset that he continues to maintain this status granted by CGC even though there are numerous complaints about him.

My understanding is that Menace is a facilitator who has been authorized to be a witness for CGC. While not an employee of CGC he does enjoy certain benefits, including the ability to witness sketches and signatures and then submit them for Yellow Label. This can be a very lucrative business and it seems that several boardies are upset that he continues to maintain this status granted by CGC even though there are numerous complaints about him.

This bothers me, and I think SHOULD bother a lot of people. This is a position of great trust and respect and someone who messes with someone else' property as a third party should totally be held liable for any loss and or damage.

CGC should be paying close attention to this issue IMO if they wish to have their integrity held in tact...

a CAW and a facilitator are two different things.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what Menace did to get on the probation list? (shrug)
owes j dub a refund or a replacement book. John paid for a 9.8 and Jake sent a 9.6. John returned the book and Jake said he received the book back but never gave the refund or the replacement.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7223850#Post7223850

Buyer bought a 9.8, got a 9.6, sent the book back for a refund, was told it was received and waited for a refund or a replacement book and got neither. waited 30+ days and didn't receive anything and thus nominated Menace to the PL.

Facilitators and witnesses are two different things. Witnesses are either CGC Employees or individuals under contract with CGC to witness for a specific event (CAWs). Facilitators act as liaisons between s customers and CGC to facilitate the SS process. They are subject to a code of conduct.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what Menace did to get on the probation list? (shrug)
owes j dub a refund or a replacement book. John paid for a 9.8 and Jake sent a 9.6. John returned the book and Jake said he received the book back but never gave the refund or the replacement.

Don't forget that Jake received the book back something like 5 months ago.

The assumption that I made was that he sent a book that didn't fit what the buyer bought. Buyer bought a book he wasn't happy with and returned it to the seller, who took the book back and never replaced it or reimbursed. Don't care if he swapped the sticker or CGC mess the bed (it has been known to happen). I care that the buyer was unhappy and the seller didn't make the buyer whole.

But it says the book was a mislabel and the top sticker said 9.8 and the label said 9.6?

Is the assumption that he just put a 9.8 sticker on top or is the general thought it was an accident by CGC and was in fact a 9.8?

Don't forget, he screwed this buyer a second way also...

Please add Menace to the probation thread. It has been 72 hrs with no response to my new pm I created in regards to my Young SS 9.8.

I contacted Medina on Facebook. All the sketches are finished for the opp. Jake has not gotten in touch with him on how to send them to CGC. So I am only requesting probation thread for my Young SS book. Hopefully, the Medina stuff will be resolved soon.

In this instance, an artist has completed sketches, and has been waiting for Menace to contact him to be able to send the books to CGC. Seems like Menace doesn't want to respond to anybody either via PM or e-mail.

Yep, he's a gem all right. meh

J Dub in order to comply with the rules here, we need you to send a PM to him through the site alerting him to the fact that he is being nominated for the PL and for what reason and that he should come here to resolve the issue within 72 hours. If he hasn't responded within 72 hours of the PM he will be added.

No Problem. I sent it. He wont read it anyway. He said Nov 16, 2013 to only email him. He is taking a break from the boards. I wish he would clear up loose ends before he did this.

Jay I did not get your email. Please email me again I will get you taken care of.