• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's time to put an end to this guys ability to make transactions on line. If he ever bothers to follow through on the tranaction with me, I'll let you know and you can react accordingly. In the mean time, if this guy doesn't qualify for the Hall, than who possibly ever could?

Please elect him to the hall. - M

Matt I'm totally on your side on this. You have waited far too long for your merchadise after paying Bob. He has failed to follow through and be a good seller in terms of communication and responsiveness.

But his addition to the HOS and/or PL will only restrict his ability to do marketplace sales here on the boards. And I dont think Bob has had a sales thread in a loooooooooooooong time (if ever). People can still buy and sell from him directly, via ebay or any other way.

The one good thing is that the HOS list does warn others should they check here before entering into a transaction with him elsewhere, but that requires them to check here (or have one of these threads/posts pop up via a Google search).

Im on board for HOS/PL for Bob (as we go thru the process), but I didnt want you to think it was a magic bullet for all of Bob's business...

Edited by Miraclemet

All,

I would like to nominate mongoose01 (Mike Deblasio) to the probation list.

He and I had a deal going back to mid 2011 for a large stack of Grimm Fairy Tales books. He wanted a list of the books when I started selling off my registry set. He and I agreed on a price for each book that he wanted. Originally, he was to wrap the deal up over the course of several months (Jan 2012), by paying for a few of the books each month.

Each month turned to every other month. Every other month turned to him not paying for anything since May. We have exchanged many messages since May, but when I pressed him about wrapping everything up or facing the probation list earlier this month, he stated that he had picked a couple of the books up on eBay at a cheaper prices and no longer needed them. He further stated that, for the other books that he did need, we'd have to come up with a better price that more closely represented the market now.

Having held these for so long, I naturally objected...

The one issue that he raised that was valid from his last purchase in May was a missing book. It appears that one of the books that he paid for (a Grimm Fairy Tales #55 in 9.9) was not included in the package as it should have been. Mike pointed this out to me this month when I started pushing him about the remaining books. Having found the book in question, I refunded him the $100 for the book until we could settle on the balance for everything. That clearly isn't going to happen.

More detail on the missing book, albeit not 100% relevant. Anyone that has purchased from me knows how much I like to use plastic shrink wrap to bind books together. The #55 and two other books were paid for by Mike and being held until another book from eBay arrived. Mike had wanted a $250 Grimm Kickstarter book on eBay and I had fronted him the money. doh! It was being shipped to me and I was going to include it with the three other books. Three shrink wrapped books sat on the desk in my office for the week until the auction ended and the week it took for the kickstarter book to arrive. I saw three books sitting there shrink wrapped together for nearly two weeks. Given the #55 never made it to Mike, it is my belief that another book did. I've tried to narrow down what book may be missing from my slab collection and have an idea, but I own that mistake. There was nothing that I could do but make good on the #55, hence the refund.

Anyway, I've alerted Mike that I was nominating him for failure to complete the transaction as agreed upon.

To Whom It May Concern,

My father is currently away for the Thanksgiving holiday with friends and family.

Just for the record my dad is not knowledgeable with a computer, as this man Frank, his friend, trying to do harm to him, very well knows. We are trying to get somewhat familiar with this board and around this site. I am especially trying to do this in order to make sure that this man does not take any further liberty with his words as he has already done. In several places he has attempted to draw an untrue and distorted picture of their relationship as friends to telling lie’s for his benefit, while leaving out his attempt to double charge my father for a book already paid for us.

Even on Thanksgiving Day itself out of the blue he began to accuse my dad of stealing books, Spider-man comic book. Out of the blue, this is not rational and I am not sure why my dad was friends with this guy or still thinks this man ever was a friend but he better wake up. There are many bad people in this world and in my opinion this guy is one of them. He has slapped my fathers hand away over and over for almost nothing. The funny thing is he stole and even tried to cheat my father.

Frank Bearss has left things out of his complaint and put things in to make him seem to be honorable. He has done this believing none of us would find this board and come to my dad’s aid.

Though this man try’s to portray, there was no good friendship here and that nothing came about between my father and this man, it is by his own admission he helped my dad in the past and even put money up for him? For another person, in today’s world to do that it sounds like more than just business partners” and hope that the Jaybuck picked up on that. This was done many times not once, oh geez by accident.

I am sure a review of these communications will also show there was no stress in regard to time frame and books purchased.

I am as bad as my dad when it comes to writing and posting and actually had written something just now, more direct but lost it all.

I am sure when my dad returns home on Monday and as needed, I will try to e mail him and help him in any way I am able but I am sure he will somehow learn where this is to submit his post’s, if that is the process. I am also sure that my father based on the distortion and lie’s submitted will bring this man into the light for what he truly is. Good Night

Edited by mongoose01

To Whom It May Concern,

My father is currently away for the Thanksgiving holiday with friends and family.

Just for the record my dad is not knowledgeable with a computer, as this man Frank, his friend, trying to do harm to him, very well knows. We are trying to get somewhat familiar with this board and around this site. I am especially trying to do this in order to make sure that this man does not take any further liberty with his words as he has already done. In several places he has attempted to draw an untrue and distorted picture of their relationship as friends to telling lie’s for his benefit, while leaving out his attempt to double charge my father for a book already paid for us.

Even on Thanksgiving Day itself out of the blue he began to accuse my dad of stealing books, Spider-man comic book. Out of the blue, this is not rational and I am not sure why my dad was friends with this guy or still thinks this man ever was a friend but he better wake up. There are many bad people in this world and in my opinion this guy is one of them. He has slapped my fathers hand away over and over for almost nothing. The funny thing is he stole and even tried to cheat my father.

Frank Bearss has left things out of his complaint and put things in to make him seem to be honorable. He has done this believing none of us would find this board and come to my dad’s aid.

Though this man try’s to portray, there was no good friendship here and that nothing came about between my father and this man, it is by his own admission he helped my dad in the past and even put money up for him? For another person, in today’s world to do that it sounds like more than just business partners” and hope that the Jaybuck picked up on that. This was done many times not once, oh geez by accident.

I am sure a review of these communications will also show there was no stress in regard to time frame and books purchased.

I am as bad as my dad when it comes to writing and posting and actually had written something just now, more direct but lost it all.

I am sure when my dad returns home on Monday and as needed, I will try to e mail him and help him in any way I am able but I am sure he will somehow learn where this is to submit his post’s, if that is the process. I am also sure that my father based on the distortion and lie’s submitted will bring this man into the light for what he truly is. Good Night

I can't make sense out of this. And I've read it twice (shrug)

What the hell is happening on these boards? Every day is like Friday, lately! :pullhair:

To Whom It May Concern,

I can't make sense out of this. And I've read it twice (shrug)

What the hell is happening on these boards? Every day is like Friday, lately! :pullhair:

I was the same... :ohnoez:

ht_joel_osteen_book_cover_jef_110913_wg.jpg

To Whom It May Concern,

Yeah, somehow, I'm still going to believe Frank's version over this rambling, incoherent, wall of text.

I sound like a wrestler... "The Jaybuck is here to school the PL, now stand back you jabronies." Frank I am not calling your version false but for sake of transparency, since Mongoose01 is stating that facts are in dispute, can you please post the relevant conversations outlining the deal and any other pertinent information. Thanks!

To Whom It May Concern,

Mike, I'm just asking that you complete the deal that we originally agreed upon. I made right on the #55. I refunded you because you didn't have it in hand. I stated above and I'll repeat, you're welcome out of the deal with the #55 because of the mix-up. You still owe me now for the other books that remained on the list that I have held for you.

As for the rest of that mess? I've held books for you for long periods of time, helped you purchase books when you were unable, and been fair with you. All things I've done for many other boardies. You're just the first to mistake me for being soft enough at the end of the day to walk over.

Post whatever "fact" you feel absolves you from the deal that we agreed upon. (thumbs u

To Whom It May Concern,

Please tell us more :wishluck:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sure when my dad returns home on Monday and as needed, I will try to e mail him and help him in any way I am able but I am sure he will somehow learn where this is to submit his post’s, if that is the process. I am also sure that my father based on the distortion and lie’s submitted will bring this man into the light for what he truly is. Good Night Frank

The symptoms of stroke are distinct because they happen quickly:Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg (especially on one side of the body)Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speechSudden trouble seeing in one or both eyesSudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordinationSudden severe headache with no known causeMiraclemet, personally his post made me think of this...

Warning: Clip has naughty language and I will be glad to remove it if it is against the rules.

Edited by jaybuck43

I sound like a wrestler... "The Jaybuck is here to school the PL, now stand back you jabronies." Frank I am not calling your version false but for sake of transparency, since Mongoose01 is stating that facts are in dispute, can you please post the relevant conversations outlining the deal and any other pertinent information. Thanks!

That's a fair request. I'll have to go through email and pull them.

However, I'm going to guess that even Mike himself won't dispute the books in question or the fact that he agreed to buy them. It's just that he wants the #55 shipped now without paying for it after having been refunded and wants the prices lowered on the other books or some of them removed from the agreement. Cut from a recent PM from Mike...

We have discussed this with you"over & over again" and don't know what to say further on this, but as before as well as tomorrow and everyday forever "I am very sorry for the one or two book mistakes we made but we are not buying books that are not needed. Stop The Extortion!

Looking at this invoice quickly please note: that we already have paid you for the Grimm Fairy Tales # 55 9.9 comic book so that book needs to be sent and is past due.

This Grimm Fairy Tales # 55 9.9 book needs to be in hand before any new invoice is even addressed, right or wrong, up or down, and before we even revisit a revised invoice to buy those books we do need.

I had a running PM with Mike for nearly two years, that I mistakenly removed myself from in an attempt to keep my inbox organized after my last sales thread. I don't delete any emails, so they are there though.

Good news for anyone that purchased during that sales thread is that I was able to keep everything straight and everyone's books are shipping Monday...all 3k books

get-attachment_zpsca758e73.jpeg

Sorry, I know that's not really relevant to the probation list discussion at hand, but I'm guessing more people will be reading this thread in the next couple of days than may happen upon an update to my sales thread. :facepalm:

1) I really hope there is a card in there deeply apologizing to your postman for the hernia you are going to give him for having to carry all of that.

2) Regarding the Grimm #55 you stated in your original post that you refunded him for that, so I am assuming that issue is closed.

3) If you could dig out the other emails that would be helpful. It does seem that per his own old PM that there are other outstanding Invoices which he refuses to address because he believes he is entitled to the Grimm #55, which again you said you refunded for. (and I am assuming the deal was not contingent on)

Good news for anyone that purchased during that sales thread is that I was able to keep everything straight and everyone's books are shipping Monday...all 3k books

get-attachment_zpsca758e73.jpeg

Sorry, I know that's not really relevant to the probation list discussion at hand, but I'm guessing more people will be reading this thread in the next couple of days than may happen upon an update to my sales thread. :facepalm:

Dang Frank,

you'd better tell the postman to bring the 53' trailer with a forklift to pick up all those books! lol