• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Item was listed here on eBay and sold within a minute to a high volume dealer

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7148282#Post7148282

this leads me to believe that the rules don't matter so why should we even bother adding any more

That is ridiculous. There are many many examples of this happening and the seller being informed and the situation being corrected.

And yet......

If the price is right the rules are forgotten. (thumbs u

Err, that's kind of a Catch 22 perception when you think about it. I mean, if no one "forgot" the rules we would have no PL/HOS list in the first place.

Seen it many times and I have to agree - you will get stepped on as you're posting the rules. That X-men was gone quick. lol

Stepped on or threatened... take your pick ;)

I've posted the rules tons of times, never had a problem...unless you count occasionally some new or dumb person making a comment about "board police" a problem. I just ignore those because they are not worth my time and most probably shills anyway.

I agree with Pov, if someone threatens anyone for posting the rules, their posts should be posted here and we should spank them. (the person not the rules)

... anyone will be allowed to do this but me I assume hm

lol

Is there a discussion for IP address ban for those sellers that try to scam? At least it will limit shill accounts of the same scammer? I remember when i first join the forum, it took me while to know that there is a subforum allow you to sell and buy books. If i see a brand new member know where to go to post a sale thread but doesn't know how to load a picture, to me that is scamming 100%.

I ran phpBB forums for a long while. It's impossible to IP ban someone from a forum, yet allow them to continue to post in other forums. However, you can ban someone from just a forum section.

Take a lot to get it to work(on the backend) but can be done.

Perhaps this is an option? Ban them from making a sale thread or viewing them until they are off the probation list?

Prices 3X under GPA and using photos from board members from 2010? Yeah, we don't need a minimum post count...

And Branget is right - all concern, common sense and caution go out the window when someone posts up a ASM 300 9.8 @ $175 and ten people trip over themselves to buy it regardless of what kind of scam it might be. I'm pretty sure that I officially do not care about this topic anymore.

Sadly though Jason the people throwing themselves under the bus are intelligent people in real life.

But all common sense went out the window for a few lousy bucks.

I'm all about a few extra bucks, most on this board are - but for goodness sake use your head.

You cannot protect people against themselves.

Prices 3X under GPA and using photos from board members from 2010? Yeah, we don't need a minimum post count...

And Branget is right - all concern, common sense and caution go out the window when someone posts up a ASM 300 9.8 @ $175 and ten people trip over themselves to buy it regardless of what kind of scam it might be. I'm pretty sure that I officially do not care about this topic anymore.

And here is his response to using other people's photos: "It would take me hours to pull out my buried slabs under countless boxes of books" Um, weren't you going to have to dig out the buried slabs if you actually intended to, you know, mail them to the buyers? doh!

Neely?

RxANn8c.jpg

He gotta still be in jail for what he did to his wife (shrug)

Did they ever find the 2 kids under all that junk?

Can you really enforce these rules? I do agree that this is becoming a huge problem around here,and like a cancer can grow with time.I like the post count idea,but really what you need to do is do your homework before you buy from these boneheads.

If you don't give them a chance to flourish with their scams they will go away.

I'm guessing enforcement will be simply telling the user that they can't post with less than X posts, then notifying mods. Just as if he didn't follow any of the other rules in listing items. This is just one more thread that gets notified to them - I don't see it as being a massive strain on the infrastructure.

I like your post count idea,but one could post a hundred posts like in that strange post count thread(ask Porcupine about that one) in a day if they wanted.Maybe your three month waiting period might be better?

Never 100 in a day....

I agree with oakie muskoki on that.A waiting period is a good idea.If it is in the case as people have pointed out before,of a person coming into a collection (or many other scenarios ) and wanting to sell,then that time period could be put to very good use asking questions and learning here.

I can't think of a better place for a comic education with all the nice knowledgeable folks around.

If they cannot wait then pooh hoo and they can take the 20 to 30 % that most shops and dealers will offer them.

Oh,and thanks for the shout out. :/

I don't get it? ???

Is someone forcing you to purchase comic books from an individual on this internet forum board?

Are you doing this under duress?

Is no one here old enough to make a logical and intelligent decision on their very own?

Simply hilarious. :eyeroll:

:golfclap:

There are three kids and they are with Child Protective Services at the moment.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/authorities-searching-husband-after-wife-stabbed-m/nbCF5/

At least the poor little buggers will have a better life than with those two scum.

If SuperbeastCraig has not been officially put on the Probation List. It needs to be done now.

Have not received my book that I paid for on October 1st, nor any response to my attempts to communicate with him via PayPal or PM.

Edited by conditionfreak

Hey joey I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but did you PM Slab-Pro letting him know you were going to nominate him to PL and has 72 hours passed yet?

He has not returned any correspondence to date, why should he all of a sudden do so because he is threatened by being added to the probation list?

The thread alone has been up for over a week with no response from him.

I don't get it? ???

Is someone forcing you to purchase comic books from an individual on this internet forum board?

Is no one here old enough to make a logical and intelligent decision on their very own?

Wow. :facepalm:

Hey joey I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but did you PM Slab-Pro letting him know you were going to nominate him to PL and has 72 hours passed yet?

He has not returned any correspondence to date, why should he all of a sudden do so because he is threatened by being added to the probation list?

It's just a technicality, Joey. You need to send him a separate PM, alerting him to this thread. If he doesn't respond within 72 hours, he goes on the list. (thumbs u

I don't get it? ???

:insane:

I don't get it? ???

I totally get the idea of personal responsibility and common sense but for the life of me I can't understand why we don't institute some simple form of control on new sellers here.

100 posts and 1 month on the boards or a member with significant post count vouching for a new seller would make this a safer place and give a new seller a chance to learn about our selling rules and board culture.

It's just a technicality, Joey. You need to send him a separate PM, alerting him to this thread. If he doesn't respond within 72 hours, he goes on the list. (thumbs u

I'll beat the dead horse one more time to make the powers that be happy.