• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Tales 19 Club
1 1

136 posts in this topic

So this book was one of my grail books. It really stood out when a boardie (apologies for forgetting who the particular boardie was) sold a high grade run of most Mystery Tales issues sometime over the past year or two. These books were flying out with most having several :takeit:'s coming through in seconds after being posted. Among all those covers, this one was the coolest to me. I have wanted a copy ever since. The other day, I managed to track down a copy...

IMAG1138_zps415479f9.jpg

The books looks great in hand. What colors! I'm very happy to be a part of this exclusive club. I also saw that one was just posted on ebay with a buy it now of $10,000!

If you want to take a look at that issue it can be found here:

www.ebay.com/itm/Mystery-Tales-19-former-CGC-8-5-LONE-TOP-CENSUS-pre-code-Atlas-horror-RARE-/221313791370?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338754758a

Anybody else out there have a sweet copy of this awesome book? Or any other Mystery Tales you wanna show off?

That is my old copy. I am the person who had it graded. I sold it to a fellow board member, who has told me many times that if I ever wanted to buy it back, I would get first shot if he decided to sell it. A Gentleman's Agreement if you will. Now here it is on Ebay, for 9400 more than I sold it to him. I don't think po'ed can fully express what I am feeling at this moment.

:sorry:

Was that the one from the run sold on here? Those were some awesome books...Mostly purchased from Metropolis Comics, originally I think? If not that was another sharp copy that could give this one a run for its money...

That is my old copy. I am the person who had it graded. I sold it to a fellow board member, who has told me many times that if I ever wanted to buy it back, I would get first shot if he decided to sell it. A Gentleman's Agreement if you will. Now here it is on Ebay, for 9400 more than I sold it to him. I don't think po'ed can fully express what I am feeling at this moment.

So you'd buy it back from him at the $10k price if another buyer came along and hit the BIN on ebay?

and I do sort of understand your frustration, but I seriously doubt he'll ever find someone to buy it from him at anything close to that price...

Scott, I assumed you no longer wanted it since you:

a) Started a thread saying you were leaving comics

b) Stopped posting on the boards

c) Sold off a bunch of your books

d) Read and ignored my last PM to you.

Instead of just sending me a PM like a normal person, expressing interest in getting it back, I guess you decided this would be the better course of action. I'll pull the listing and put it back in my collection, because I am sure as hell not selling it back to you after this.

Next time just send me a PM letting me know that you are still collecting comics after a very public exit, or better yet don't read and ignore PMs I send you.

Have a great night bud.

Scott, I assumed you no longer wanted it since you:

a) Started a thread saying you were leaving comics

b) Stopped posting on the boards

c) Sold off a bunch of your books

d) Read and ignored my last PM to you when I asked you how you were doing.

Instead of just sending me a PM like a normal person, expressing interest in getting it back, I guess you decided this would be the better course of action. I'll pull the listing and put it back in my collection, because I am sure as hell not selling it back to you after this.

Next time just send me a PM letting me know that you are still collecting comics after a very public exit, or better yet don't read and ignore PMs I send you.

Have a great night bud.

Hey Andy,

I wouldn't take the book if you gave it to me. It is my business if I choose to sell off some books, and it is my right to experience burn out. I guess you just played detective and decided that the one true book that I regretted selling would not be wanted back. I still have a lot of books that I may sell one day. I hope this does not negate the "agreements" I have with other buyers who have promised me first shot. I don't think it will, because they have something you obviously lack, class. Here is a portion of your last message...which I did not intentionally ignore..but life happens and I neglected to respond. This is the last paragraph of your message:

That said, if you really decide to part with them, give me a shout. I have every book you sold me, and don't have any selling plans, so you will at least know where they are.

Nice words, but I should know better than to trust a lawyer. You have a great night too. I will...because I know I can look in a mirror and feel good about what I see.

Yes, I should have asked you despite having obvious reasons to not bother. That's my fault. Not a good move on my part.

On the other hand you could have written me a one sentence PM setting me straight so that we could work something out, but what fun would that be? Instead you decided to make a simple mixup public in some stupid effort to shame me or make something out of nothing. What exactly did that accomplish, other than ensuring that I never bother to deal with you again?

Sorry to see this thread get derailed. Hope Andy and Scott work things out! :foryou:

Back on topic, here's my copy. Northford.

MysteryTales19.jpg

PeterPark, I think this is the one you were wondering about from the run that sold on the boards months ago.