• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

I love the Infinity Gauntlet.

Period.

Have read it multiple time and am reading Thanos Quest now. With the rumors of the infinity gems making an appearance in the latest Marvel movie (Thor2), and the Thanos cameo at the end of The Avengers.... Let's start talking about these great books.

So, tell me about your love affair with Infinity Gauntlet, War, Crusade, Thanos Quest, Warlock and the Infinity Watch (1-42), and related pre and post stories.

ALSO, let's see the related slabs you have in your collection :grin:

Working on a 9.8 blue label, but have this for the time being:

9759439321_1fc6c3baac_c.jpg

Edited by ItsJustRyan

I loved the first because Adam Warlock has always been one of my favorites even as a little kid. I was extremely happy when Warlock and the Infinity Watch came out. It was número uno on the stack every month. Thanos is just a perfect bad guy which made Warlock the perfect hero. I was just getting ready to read Infinity #5 when you started this thread. I'm loving that series too.

Didn't Thanos casually backhand Cap, and snap his neck, or something crazy?!?!?

I don't think so. A primary attack group went to get Thanos and he put a stop to that instantly

Right before Nebula stole the gauntlet from him and took over

No problem RH.

The speeches of Thanos in IG can be likened (IMHO) to modern great Greek speeches found in historic tales of old.

His personality is epic in the series.

+1

What other books can handle the power levels that happened to show up in these books. Galactus ? The Living Tribunal ? The amount of firepower in these was insane. lol

No problem RH.

The speeches of Thanos in IG can be likened (IMHO) to modern great Greek speeches found in historic tales of old.

+1

What other books can handle the power levels that happened to show up in these books. Galactus ? The Living Tribunal ? The amount of firepower in these was insane. lol

Did someone say Living Tribunal??

My copy - Strange Tales #157 - First Living Tribunal

10338840624_56329320cd_b.jpg

No problem RH.

+1

Did someone say Living Tribunal??

My copy - Strange Tales #157 - First Living Tribunal

10338840624_56329320cd_b.jpg

(worship)

I looooooooove the Infinity Gauntlet! I had a wall in my room plastered with IG promotional posters and the 6 issues and 2 Thanos Quest hanging up! I still have 1 set of my original copies (even in the 8th grade I bought doubles!). I also have a #1 9.8 and eventually want to get a complete 9.8 complete run! :cloud9:

Thanks for starting this Ryan! Really hope some peeps have some sweet OA to share! :grin: