Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#714561 - 02/22/06 02:53 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: divad]
uclapeterg Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:

Quote:

I just got tired of seeing Petey's name up there for the last several months

BOO!!!

ARGHH!

Don't you realize I'm NEVER giving you the last word?

#714562 - 02/22/06 02:58 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: uclapeterg]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just got tired of seeing Petey's name up there for the last several months

BOO!!!

ARGHH!

Don't you realize I'm NEVER giving you the last word?

Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

#714563 - 03/07/06 10:24 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: comicnut]
jduran1 Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Jedi Knight from Colorado
It is a good secondary marketing/selling source. Some of the worlds greatest comic collectors are on this board. My best ebay sales go to forum members. Also we know we would never never not give a fellow forumite the best service and a full refund if not happy. We have our own secret police force........................

#714564 - 07/20/06 10:43 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: jduran1]
joe_collector Offline

Ok ok. JC Superstar. But only because he martyred his ID.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Titan
Rule 2567:

Always post a LINK to your auctions in the message text, and do not just assume that everyone has signatures enabled and can read yours.

It's amazing how many people forget this simple rule.

Directly below, I will post what an "Example Auction Post" (which assumes everyone can see your sig) looks like to people with sigs disabled.

#714565 - 07/20/06 10:44 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: joe_collector]
joe_collector Offline

Ok ok. JC Superstar. But only because he martyred his ID.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Titan
I have just listed a ton of EBay auctions. Check them out!!!

#714566 - 07/21/06 04:08 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: joe_collector]
PovertyRow Offline

EXPECIALLY NEWBISH

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Perv Toy Row, San Francisco
Quote:

I have just listed a ton of EBay auctions. Check them out!!!

Got a link?

#4072475 - 06/10/10 07:09 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: PovertyRow]
voorhees Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Staying In Canada
Hey,

I'm trying to liquidate most of collection and remaining 'inventory'. About 400 items are currently listed in my Ebay Store. Can I post a link to it here?

I don't want to close the store just to relist the books here in the regular selling forums. LOTS of work was put into listing everything in my Ebay Store, and I don't want to have done it for nothing. I plan on selling most of the remaining books from my collection/inventory via the regular forum, so that won't be an issue.

Please clarify.

Thanks!

Looking for:
FF#1 CGC blue label 3.5 or lower, HULK #1 CGC blue label 3.5 or lower, Crime Suspenstories #22 (nice FC eye-appeal), DETECTIVE COMICS #408 CGC 9.0 or higher, SCHOMBURG good girl cover issues, STARTLING COMICS #49 CGC blue label 3.0-5.0, cool GA MARY MARVEL cover issues.
That's it! It's nice having a short want list!!!

#4077217 - 06/13/10 10:10 AM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: voorhees]
voorhees Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Staying In Canada
OK, I'm going to go ahead with this. I don't think I'm breaking any rules.

Edited by voorhees (06/13/10 10:10 AM)

Looking for:
FF#1 CGC blue label 3.5 or lower, HULK #1 CGC blue label 3.5 or lower, Crime Suspenstories #22 (nice FC eye-appeal), DETECTIVE COMICS #408 CGC 9.0 or higher, SCHOMBURG good girl cover issues, STARTLING COMICS #49 CGC blue label 3.0-5.0, cool GA MARY MARVEL cover issues.
That's it! It's nice having a short want list!!!

#4476109 - 12/22/10 04:14 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: voorhees]
ft88 Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Baltimore MD
Alright. Bored at work, so I was going to post my thoughts on selling comics.

I like how this is a sticky thread so this'll always be on top, though in an area that's never read.

I figure all my words of wisdom will come across as condescending or even petulant, but you get what you pay for.

#4476196 - 12/22/10 04:45 PM Re: A few simple guidelines for the Marketplace [Re: ft88]
ft88 Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Baltimore MD
Media Mail

First of all, with comics, I really like using Media Mail. I also realize that some folks can't use it or view it as breaking the rules. That's fine. And if a buyer asks for Priority, and more importantly will pay for it, then I ship it that way. But out of 1000 packages I might get all of 1 returned (or the USPS charged the receiver). The savings are just huge. Flat rate boxes with the USPS cost $10.70 but the larger of the two boxes is a really tight fit at 11" by 8 1/2" and the cardboard is flimsy. So for cheaper comics I'd rather just go media mail with postage costing $4.50 for 6 lbs. A small box of 110 comics costs about $11. A long box of 280 costs about $18 to ship in the U.S. That's a pretty good deal. The larger Flat Rate box is good but you now have to have good packaging stuff to keep them from sliding around. Plus it's just barely too small for CGC books which is annoying.

My understanding with Media Mail is that it is handled the same as Priority, it is simply the last on the bus. I think the worry is that it is mishandled and stuffed between York Barbells and Pottery Barn Furniture. I don't know if Parcel Post that might happen. Or UPS/Fed Ex Ground I'll let others chime in on that. But the biggest problem with Media Mail is that it is allowed to be opened by anyone on the Post Office chain. In theorey then, that mylared NM/NM+ Walking Dead run of 1-50 could be mishandled by some gorilla at USPS. I suppose, so if that keeps you up at night I recommend having a $$$ target where you just won't use Media Mail. Mine is around $1000 or so. The other problem with Media Mail is the message you send to buyers. It kind of tags you as a cheapskate which can affect how the buyer perceives your books.

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

Lots of discussion on the boards about Media Mail. This is just one mans opinion. But take 1000 items sold with a savings of $3 per item, that's a lot of money.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH; BU roll 1964 P Kennedy halves, $200
by cucamongacoin
Today at 07:26 PM
FSH; $500 FRN VF with a problem *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
Today at 07:25 PM
1942 Walking Liberty NGC PF 67 CAC
by Mark T
Today at 05:32 PM
1888 Liberty Seated Dime NGC MS 65 CAC
by Mark T
Today at 05:28 PM
Comics Marketplace
$1.00 AUCTION* INCREDIBLE HULK #110,122,124(2) & More 25 issues ENDS 8PM TUESDAY
by comicartcom
6 minutes 17 seconds ago
14 EC Library Sets on eBay
by comics-n-stuff
Today at 10:30 PM
Some Key Spideys, some Pre-Code Horror, A Piece of Gold, and more...
by Omaha-CGC-Comics
Today at 10:02 PM
Strange Tales #180 CGC 9.6 White SS Jim Starlin
by The Resurrection
Today at 09:16 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles