• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, I've been a marvel addict for nearly 40 years (since age 7) and I love anything from the silver and bronze age. I've been a member for several years but just started posting recently thanks to some great tutorials on how to post pictures from some great members! what a wealth of information to have at my finger tips, not to mention the friendships! My name is Jim, my friends call me Hook and here on I've chosen Gunsmokin' for my love of silver age marvel westerns.

:hi: guys. I'm Justin. I collect mostly Daredevil, ASM, First Appearances, SA and BA Marvels and a few Moderns. I grew up collecting from when I was 7 until I was 19. I worked in a comic shop for a few years when I was younger. Then took about a 15 year hiatus while still picking up an occasional TPB and got back into it about a year ago and love it now more than ever.

Hi guys, I'm Tim and I'm a bit of a collecting schizophrenic. I collect Spirit Sections, Steranko Covers, Schomburg Covers, and early silver age Marvels. Glad to be here!
Spirit, Steranko, Schomburg and Silver Age Marvels all start with S, so there's nothing schizophrenic about it. It's perfectly collectorish.

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I like this approach!

The Comic Book Collecting Association has a stickied thread in its General Comics Discussion forum for this very reason.

Should this be a permanent thread at the top of Comics General?

Hi guys, I'm Tim and I'm a bit of a collecting schizophrenic. I collect Spirit Sections, Steranko Covers, Schomburg Covers, and early silver age Marvels. Glad to be here!
Spirit, Steranko, Schomburg and Silver Age Marvels all start with S, so there's nothing schizophrenic about it. It's perfectly collectorish.

Good point. The other thing I forgot is I'm just starting to collect Sienkiewicz covers.

hm

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I like this approach!

The Comic Book Collecting Association has a stickied thread in its General Comics Discussion forum for this very reason.

I agree that there should be a stickied thread in comics general, for new members.

Hello Everyone, I've been a marvel addict for nearly 40 years (since age 7) and I love anything from the silver and bronze age. I've been a member for several years but just started posting recently thanks to some great tutorials on how to post pictures from some great members! what a wealth of information to have at my finger tips, not to mention the friendships! My name is Jim, my friends call me Hook and here on I've chosen Gunsmokin' for my love of silver age marvel westerns.

My name is Paul And I am a Addict. Mostly Silver and bronze, Hell I will take it all...... love great stories, rare books, moderns whatever. I have been lurking for years and I agree these guys are the best source of Comic book knowledge out there.

Nice to meet you, guys! (thumbs u

I like this approach!

I agree that there should be a stickied thread in comics general, for new members.

........ and maybe a stickied thread in CG for us old farts too. hm

I like this approach!

........ and maybe a stickied thread in CG for us old farts too. hm

old-man-mooning.gif