• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 club
4 4

683 posts in this topic

That's a nice looking 2.0

And, nice sig placement too. Is the back damaged because that might be the nicest 2.0 i've ever seen

Yeah, that's silly. That looks better than my 4.5. lol

Yep, it is as nice as a 2.0 as I've ever seen. The back is clean. According to the grading notes, the main problem is that the cover is barely attached to the bottom staple and a small piece is missing near that bottom staple. I still think it's a harsh grade -- a 2.5 or 3.0 is more appropriate.

I already made my big comic book purchase for 2013, and I determined to keep my interest in the hobby long-term I am picking one major Marvel key per year to buy. 2013 was my AF 15, so for 2014 I am either going with Avengers 4 or TOS 39.

We all knew AF 15's were going up ever year at record pace, but have you guys discussed that TOS 39's across the board are increasing the same way?

I know TOS 39 is still much more affordable than AF 15's, but the same increase % is going on.

2011 GPA TOS 39 CGC 5.0 = $2100+

2013 GPA TOS 39 CGC 5.0 = $3k+

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I own a 5.0 OW and have been tracking it since I bought my copy in 2010.

It has increased only in the past 6 months. For the most part the book stayed flat for 1 1/2 years and boom...shot up. I'm not sure why the sudden jump but i'm happy about it and feel it is very deserved.

I banked on this book being a mega key like AF 15 and knew after the first movie and Avengers it only had room to increase substantially.

I'm glad I got mine when I did. I think in 3-5 years lower grades of this book may be price a lot of people out.

I own a 5.0 OW and have been tracking it since I bought my copy in 2010.

It has increased only in the past 6 months. For the most part the book stayed flat for 1 1/2 years and boom...shot up. I'm not sure why the sudden jump but i'm happy about it and feel it is very deserved.

I banked on this book being a mega key like AF 15 and knew after the first movie and Avengers it only had room to increase substantially.

I'm glad I got mine when I did. I think in 3-5 years lower grades of this book may be price a lot of people out.

I have to agree with everything you said in this post.

You could get a CGC 4.0 for a $1000 just a few years back, try doing that now.

IRON MAN is huge now, and might someday might give Spider-Man a run for his money.

IRON MAN fits in with modern technology so much better then these other costume heroes. He fits in with the internet ,videogame and iPad age. It`s BATMAN and SUPMAN for DC.

and now

IRON MAN and SPIDER-MAN for Marvel.

:cloud9:

I bought my first copy of 39, about Fine I'd say, for ten dollars. This was back around 1978. My current copy is a beauty 4.0 I paid $1,400 about four years ago.

Yep, I paid $1500 for my 4.5 in 2008, so we're in about the same ballpark on price and timeline.

I already made my big comic book purchase for 2013, and I determined to keep my interest in the hobby long-term I am picking one major Marvel key per year to buy. 2013 was my AF 15, so for 2014 I am either going with Avengers 4 or TOS 39.

We all knew AF 15's were going up ever year at record pace, but have you guys discussed that TOS 39's across the board are increasing the same way?

I know TOS 39 is still much more affordable than AF 15's, but the same increase % is going on.

2011 GPA TOS 39 CGC 5.0 = $2100+

2013 GPA TOS 39 CGC 5.0 = $3k+

That is the way to go John. (thumbs u The focus kills you sometimes, cause there are so many cool books.In the long run it's very satisfying.