• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 club
4 4

683 posts in this topic

I put a bid in on this tonite but it's a pretty fugly looking 6.5... (shrug)

Not sure it looks/grades nicer than heymikesays' 5.5...

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121333&lotNo=10579

Nice 5.5 btw... :headbang:

thanks! I actually sent it a few days ago to get it pressed and resubbed. i'll probably get a 50/50 vote from people saying "wth" and "yea, go for it" but hey, like you said it presents really well and I'm willing to take a gamble on it getting a higher score once its done (thumbs u

Hmm did the person pressing it give feedback on upgrade potential? Only reason I ask is the pic looks like it has tanning. CGC has been knocking books pretty hard due to tanning. Either way, good luck. Nothing like that good news of an upgrade. :cloud9:

I put a bid in on this tonite but it's a pretty fugly looking 6.5... (shrug)

Not sure it looks/grades nicer than heymikesays' 5.5...

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121333&lotNo=10579

Nice 5.5 btw... :headbang:

thanks! I actually sent it a few days ago to get it pressed and resubbed. i'll probably get a 50/50 vote from people saying "wth" and "yea, go for it" but hey, like you said it presents really well and I'm willing to take a gamble on it getting a higher score once its done (thumbs u

Hmm did the person pressing it give feedback on upgrade potential? Only reason I ask is the pic looks like it has tanning. CGC has been knocking books pretty hard due to tanning. Either way, good luck. Nothing like that good news of an upgrade. :cloud9:

yea, the original submitter was given the same feedback, but upon closer inspection I can see some non-color breaking creases and bends that can certainly serve better given the kind of condition I've been observing in 5.5 and 6.5 out there. This one has no color breaks on the spine at all. like you said, it got docked hard for tanning. I'm going through CCS on this one to see how well their services go. from what I am aware, it was never pressed. just hoping for the best and that darn crease/bend I saw to go away.

Edited by heymikesays

Had to put my 7.0 up for auction due to financial reasons, please remove me from the club :(

Sorry to hear. It happens to us all at some point. Look at the positive side, at least with our hobby you can cash out for emergency situations and always buy back in later. Imagine some hobbies like cars, boats, big vacations etc. will leave a person w nothing to show.

And here is the one I picked up at Baltimore

talesofsuspense39_zpsa05d7842.jpg

Wow. That "X" really did a number on the grade of that book. Looks VFish otherwise. Perfect kind of copy to me.

I hear ya. I'm sure some passed on the book due to the location of the "X", but I got a nice deal on the book and I'm happy with it. It does look very nice for a 5.0. No marvel chipping or other pieces out, no large creases, and most of the spine wear is on the back cover, so it is delightful :)

And here is the one I picked up at Baltimore

talesofsuspense39_zpsa05d7842.jpg

Wow. That "X" really did a number on the grade of that book. Looks VFish otherwise. Perfect kind of copy to me.

I hear ya. I'm sure some passed on the book due to the location of the "X", but I got a nice deal on the book and I'm happy with it. It does look very nice for a 5.0. No marvel chipping or other pieces out, no large creases, and most of the spine wear is on the back cover, so it is delightful :)

I thought the 'X' was simply Stan Lee's signature !

Nice book, the 'X' is not that obtrusive, very clean otherwise, especially for a 5.0.