• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If someone is on the probation list it limits sales threads. Does it also limit soliciting SS submissions?

It actually, physically limits it? I didn't know that. I thought we as the informed public did that.

I would think, if a PL or HoS member was soliciting SS submissions, then people would be wary. But the same as with the sales threads, we cannot stop them. Only not do business with them.

As always, I could be wrong.

-slym

I am nominating Webhead1981 (Tony Saylor) to the probation list.

I paid for a large group of books on August 1 (two previous transactions with Tony went fine) but I had not heard anything from him since the payment. He did not respond to PMs or regular email and has not posted on the Boards since the 14th.

I opened a Paypal dispute/claim on August 25th to which Tony never responded. As a result, i was credited with a refund today.

I am not sure what else might be required but Tony has had ample opportunity to respond to this over the past 30+ days. I also found out that another board member had problems with Tony some time ago and he has agreed to post here as well.

Ed R

Ed, did you send Webhead1981 a PM informing him that you are nominating him for the PL? You are required to do so and wait 72 hours before he can be added.

He has not responded to any contact from me (PMs and emails) for over 30 days nor did he respond to several emails from Paypal on the claim. If you are saying that as a formality, I have to send another PM after he would not even respond to a $1250 claim, then I guess I can do that.

Ed, did you send Webhead1981 a PM informing him that you are nominating him for the PL? You are required to do so and wait 72 hours before he can be added.

He has not responded to any contact from me (PMs and emails) for over 30 days nor did he respond to several emails from Paypal on the claim. If you are saying that as a formality, I have to send another PM after he would not even respond to a $1250 claim, then I guess I can do that.

A separate PM thread is a required formality. If he doesn't reply within 72 hours, he can be added to the probation list.

If you have not specifically informed him that he is headed to the PL, than, yes, do it, and yes its a formality, but after all you've been through its not much to see it through. If he does not respond here within 72hrs he will go on the PL. Than the burden will be on him to get off the PL.

Hey robocard, no need to post it here. Just come back in 72 hours and nominate him for the PL and say that you PMed him that you were nominating him and he hasn't responded to you (or if he has, what he said). Then the rest of the process will proceed :)

Hey robocard, no need to post it here. Just come back in 72 hours and nominate him for the PL and say that you PMed him that you were nominating him and he hasn't responded to you (or if he has, what he said). Then the rest of the process will proceed :)

(thumbs u

I paid for a large group of books on August 1 (two previous transactions with Tony went fine) but I had not heard anything from him since the payment. He did not respond to PMs or regular email and has not posted on the Boards since the 14th.

I opened a Paypal dispute/claim on August 25th to which Tony never responded. As a result, i was credited with a refund today.

I am not sure what else might be required but Tony has had ample opportunity to respond to this over the past 30+ days. I also found out that another board member had problems with Tony some time ago and he has agreed to post here as well.

Ed R

Ed,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I remember him because I had him placed on the Probation list about one year ago for failure to pay for an ASM 238. After being placed on the list, he finally completed the transaction and was removed from the PL. Too bad he is back to his shenanigans

Ed R

Ed,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I remember him because I had him placed on the Probation list about one year ago for failure to pay for an ASM 238. After being placed on the list, he finally completed the transaction and was removed from the PL. Too bad he is back to his shenanigans

I am generally into second chances but it seems he has now had his. I held out hope that he just had some personal things going on and that he would eventually get back to me. While that could still be the case, it was too much money to keep waiting. I suppose he can always resurface and try to make amends but that is his concern now; not mine.

Webhead1981 agreed to buy some comics from me on the 4th, stating that he would pay the following day. I haven't heard from him since. I figured he just isn't on the boards much but this convo is making me think my money ain't coming.