• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Galleries -- The Vault Opens

70 posts in this topic

Yes, these were mainly all Overstreet copies and were part of the deal when Steve bought the price guide.

And the Detective #27's aren't reversed - the lower one is a mistake in the catalog - it is really advertising a Detective #33.

Yes, these were mainly all Overstreet copies and were part of the deal when Steve bought the price guide.

And the Detective #27's aren't reversed - the lower one is a mistake in the catalog - it is really advertising a Detective #33.

Overstreet's divorce was the catlyst for the sale of the price guide and the collection. For the statistically minded, it was stated that the collection contained 25,000 GA -- but it also included SA. The collection itself was first split between the Bob and his ex-wife. Geppi bought both parts of the collection (separate purchases), although some of the comics in the wife's set were sold before Geppi bought the vast majority of them. I don't know, but suspect that the Bob's comics were separate ffrom the deal for the guide. The guide was probably a business purchase while the comics were a personal purchase by Geppi.

Just to prove the accuracy of Mr. Zillatoy, I'm posting a scan of the errata sheet -- which I should have looked at before making my comment.

734433-Diamonderr.jpg

734433-Diamonderr.jpg.3dc48234e0ab74ebcb46ba9b6d2cf299.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

734435-Diamond7.jpg

734435-Diamond7.jpg.95aec62ea28b38217ef44fb9c6b1cba2.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

734436-Diamond20.jpg

734436-Diamond20.jpg.943d52e8416536afabffc0f33687dd57.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

yeah... we still call that NM right?

and has everyone noticed how many of these copies of Geppis big books had work done to them? Or were they Overstreet's copies...I cant remember!

Overstreet bought a lot of restored copies. Probably to keep costs down, probably because he didn't mind too much on big item, and probably because he was sold some that had undisclosed restoration.

735358-Diamond10.jpg

735358-Diamond10.jpg.4be96ae313e9748b6c88c1a2193f1ac6.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Wu Fang 1 = takeit.gif

735359-Diamond21.jpg

735359-Diamond21.jpg.422e172e1bbbf38bea8878e1b862e313.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

This is the last page in the brochure that displayed comics or comic art. The other pages are mostly animation cells, misc art, toys, or movie posters. There were more books sold at the opening than were listed in the brochure. There was also the large amount of books sold the next morning to a smaller number of visitors.

737109-Diamond17.jpg

737109-Diamond17.jpg.4b36937bb13d90fc359c4be5499648f6.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it!

There a limited number of color catalogs like this so I thought it might be fun to post. I own a number of auction catalogs and I have fun browsing through them every once in a while and wishing and I had enough sense to bid on a few of the items. When I think of what I bought instead ...

Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it!

There a limited number of color catalogs like this so I thought it might be fun to post. I own a number of auction catalogs and I have fun browsing through them every once in a while and wishing and I had enough sense to bid on a few of the items. When I think of what I bought instead ...

I love stuff like this. I am working on a full run of Overstreets and have a bunch of different auction catalogs (mainly Heritage) and want to fill in a few of the Sotheby's / Christies and CBMs later on down the line.

I saw the Diamond Galleries last September and it rocked my world.

DAM

what year was this?

Feb 1995

Adam - - were you there that weekend? for the gallery opening AND the library feeding frenzy?

....ah the feeding frenzey.....i was there.....'claims' staked on certain boxes, books 're-sold' before they were purchased......i wound up sitting in a corner.....jb

sitting on a box of Caps?

oh wait, that was Beschara....

Which corner were you in? hm