• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the running for having one of the worst mis-wraps?

76 posts in this topic

One of my worst miswraps. There are probably worse examples somewhere in my collection.

miswrap_zps2e319085.jpg

Game, set, match. (worship)

Edited by GACollectibles

I always see this as "absolute" versus "relative" grading, where absolute is the deviation from ideal and relative is as compared to all known samples.

I'm an absolutist. I think it makes much more sense to compare the sample to an ideal within some given tolerance and then grade based on the deviation from that ideal. It doesn't bother me if all specimens had the same production defect and were penalized for it.

I think there's an inherent problem with relative grading since by definition it assumes that all specimens are known. I don't think that is possible.

It is what it is, and I guess it's not going to change. But I have my own grading system that incorporates registration, PQ and a host of other items that aren't reflected by that little number in the corner, and I vote with my wallet.

Good post. :applause:

The best known copy doesn't become a 9.8 and "that little number in the corner" is where I start to evaluate a comic book.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2014 at 0:53 PM, MetalPSI™ said:

Too bad most images are deleted lol

Yeah.  I don't get why people deleted images from Photobucket.  If you're running out of room, just start a new account.

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yeah.  I don't get why people deleted images from Photobucket.  If you're running out of room, just start a new account.

Well on the plus side, we probably won't see this much more due to photo's being easier to upload here