• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

OK I count 4 lawyers...did I miss anyone?

I vote that they have their own list (not because I don't feel bad for the guy who never got his books, but because the PIF forum has too loose a structure.)

I also vote that all perpetrators have to wear a chartreuse D on their forehead.

Ok. Here's a question that might clarify this (or just make it muddier). What is the current rule if someone stiffs someone in the Secret Santa threads? How about on a prize thread for a contest? My guess is this should be treated the same way. Or has that never happened?

People have gotten stiffed. That and the delayed shipping (and the constant crying about delayed shipping) are why I won't do that deal any more.

Fair game for another Probation List Thread! :idea:

1) The Probation List

2) The PIF Probation List

3) The Secret Santa Stiffed(Stiffer?) List

Any others? hm

Essentially, the way the PIF works, manicnerd paid almost $12 and got nothing in return. It might not have been paid to BathedInFlames, but it was money he paid in expectation of getting some Spider-Man comics.

That's how I see it, anyway.

-slym

He paid $12 AND his mylars that he sent out.

Quick rehash:

Very general rules of PIF:

There's only 1 item up in the thread at one time, its posted by the person who claimed the previous item. When the item you post is claimed you send it to that person.

Specifics of this case:

1. There was an item available, a specific comic (or group of comics). Someone with the name "BathedinFlames" claimed that item publicly in the thread.

2. Per the rules of PIF, BathedinFlames then proceeded to offer up 5 Spider-Man books for someone to claim.

3. Manicnerd claimed those books from bathedinflames.

4. Bathedinflames RECIEVED the books he claimed.

5. Manicnerd posted some mylars as his posted offer.

6. Someone else claimed the mylars that Manicnerd posted.

7. Manicnerd not only sent that person the mylars (shipping included), but they were recieved.

BathedinFlames NEVER SENT the 5 spideys to Manicnerd.

SO to summarize, someone sent some books to bathedinflames under the expectation that bathedflames would send books to the next claimer (who turned out to be manicnerd).

AND manicnerd sent some mylars out to the next claimer after him under the expectation that bathedinflames would send him some comics.

So bathedinflames BROKE his word to TWO different boardies, and still owes manicnerd some spideys.

That's the gist. Manicnerd should have gotten the books more than a month ago, and has given 3 day notice to bathedinflames. He wants to put him on the PL. There are some members, who are unclear or against putting him on the PL here, stating that bathedinflames might be more suited to a specific PIF PL. There are those (myself included) that while not every PIF issue is a PL issue, this seems like a pretty obvious case where the PL should be utilized

Not that it matters but I sent 75 4mil mylar archives and 3 TPBs

I've tried contacting BathedinFlames 3 times since Aug. 2nd and gave a 3 day notice that I would be trying to add him to this list (didn't think it would be so difficult).

Edited by manicnerd

Essentially, the way the PIF works, manicnerd paid almost $12 and got nothing in return. It might not have been paid to BathedInFlames, but it was money he paid in expectation of getting some Spider-Man comics.

-slym

Quick rehash:

There's only 1 item up in the thread at one time, its posted by the person who claimed the previous item. When the item you post is claimed you send it to that person.

Specifics of this case:

1. There was an item available, a specific comic (or group of comics). Someone with the name "BathedinFlames" claimed that item publicly in the thread.

2. Per the rules of PIF, BathedinFlames then proceeded to offer up 5 Spider-Man books for someone to claim.

7. Manicnerd not only sent that person the mylars (shipping included), but they were recieved.

SO to summarize, someone sent some books to bathedinflames under the expectation that bathedflames would send books to the next claimer (who turned out to be manicnerd).

AND manicnerd sent some mylars out to the next claimer after him under the expectation that bathedinflames would send him some comics.

So bathedinflames BROKE his word to TWO different boardies, and still owes manicnerd some spideys.

That's the gist. Manicnerd should have gotten the books more than a month ago, and has given 3 day notice to bathedinflames. He wants to put him on the PL. There are some members, who are unclear or against putting him on the PL here, stating that bathedinflames might be more suited to a specific PIF PL. There are those (myself included) that while not every PIF issue is a PL issue, this seems like a pretty obvious case where the PL should be utilized

I've tried contacting BathedinFlames 3 times since Aug. 2nd and gave a 3 day notice that I would be trying to add him to this list (didn't think it would be so difficult).

I know it must be terribly frustrating since you did the right thing and he deserves a chartreuse D tatooed on his forehead, but if he's disappeared, chances are you will never receive the compensation you deserve.

Since you never got your items, couldn't you ask to have a free future pick?

13-11 for so far... with 46 hours to go.

:lol:

-slym

That poll pretty much sucks it anyway. The only things that have really been suggested are (1) Regular PL and (2) New PIF PL.

So, to reiterate, that poll sucks it.

Ok. Here's a question that might clarify this (or just make it muddier). What is the current rule if someone stiffs someone in the Secret Santa threads? How about on a prize thread for a contest? My guess is this should be treated the same way. Or has that never happened?

I was going to make this exact point. I'd be surprised if there was as much backlash against putting someone on the PL in those circumstances. Don't know whether it's ever been proposed.

-slym

Quick rehash:

Specifics of this case:

I know it must be terribly frustrating since you did the right thing and he deserves a chartreuse D tatooed on his forehead, but if he's disappeared, chances are you will never receive the compensation you deserve.

I guess you haven't read how the PIF thread works?

And today I got an email from BathedinFlames stating he hasn't had internet access for the past 4 weeks...but the signature to his email said "Sent from my iPhone"...so, we'll see.

Edited by manicnerd

-slym

Quick rehash:

Specifics of this case:

There's actually been a suggestion that some people volunteer to provide "extra" free stuff to cover situations like this - something similar to what happens in the Secret Santa thread I think. Free future picks wouldn't work with the system as it is - there's nothing to stop manicnerd claiming an offer now if he wants.

-slym

Quick rehash:

Specifics of this case:

That won't work because they do a 1 for 1 put up and ship. If he takes something, there won't be anyone to put something up. Plus, he did his deal based solely upon claiming the relatively sweet offering of early Spideys.

-slym

Quick rehash:

Specifics of this case:

I agree, it seems like SUCH an obvious thing to add him. He agreed to send a dude (you) some comics. ANd he hasn't sent them. He received what he was expecting, and you didn't. If he came back and had a sales thread today, would people be like "Oh he's only on the Pay it Forward PL, I'll still buy from him. He only doesn't send stuff to people after he agrees to send them stuff"

No one is saying the rest of the PIF perceived drama is right for PL, we're just talking about this one instance of non-shipment where a dude did not ship comics he said he would ship, after he received what he wanted.

I was going to make this exact point. I'd be surprised if there was as much backlash against putting someone on the PL in those circumstances. Don't know whether it's ever been proposed.

How has there been backlash? The only issue is PL or separate PIF PL. I support the latter based upon the murky nature of the "transaction." Others believe it is in the best interests of the community to have bad agents put in the PL as a warning.

Both arguments are logical and have their own merits.

I would like to nominate BathedinFlames for the probation list because of the following:

• July 14th - he claimed a pay it forward 6th post on page 358
  • July 16th - I claimed a pay it forward from him 7th post on page 365
  • On that same page he quoted 3 business day delivery - I assumed it would take longer because he is in Canada and I'm in the US
  • Aug. 2nd - I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number - He has yet to read the PM
  • Aug 8th - I sent an email to the address listed in his profile asking for a tracking number - no reply
  • Aug 16th - I sent a 2nd email stating I would submit him for the probation list if I did not hear from him - no reply

There is no way that PIF wildly_fanciful_statement belongs in the Probation Thread. If the PIF donkeys can't keep their junk trading escapades straight, they should start their own PIF Probation.

That was kinda 'backlashy', i'm sure there are also other ways to describe it.

I would like to nominate BathedinFlames for the probation list because of the following:

• On that same page he quoted 3 business day delivery - I assumed it would take longer because he is in Canada and I'm in the US
  • Aug. 2nd - I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number - He has yet to read the PM
  • Aug 8th - I sent an email to the address listed in his profile asking for a tracking number - no reply
  • Aug 16th - I sent a 2nd email stating I would submit him for the probation list if I did not hear from him - no reply

There is no way that PIF wildly_fanciful_statement belongs in the Probation Thread. If the PIF donkeys can't keep their junk trading escapades straight, they should start their own PIF Probation.

I stand by it completely. Junk swapping misfortunes can stay in the PIF playpen.

How has there been backlash? The only issue is PL or separate PIF PL. I support the latter based upon the murky nature of the "transaction." Others believe it is in the best interests of the community to have bad agents put in the PL as a warning.

Both arguments are logical and have their own merits.

Backlash was the wrong word. I meant that I'd be surprised if many people argued against Secret Santa malcontents being added to the PL. Perhaps I'm wrong - not sure if it's ever happened that someone has been proposed.

I stand by it completely. Junk swapping misfortunes can stay in the PIF playpen.

lol, junk swapping. Just off the top of my head, people have given away an entire 10 volume set of Sandman, a Wolverine Omnibus, Multiple 9.8 graded books, among other really quality items.

I don't know why you even need to have an opinion, and a ton of hostility, towards something that you don't participate in and as such have absolutely nothing to do with you. It's though as if you are being confrontational for the sake of confrontation.

lol, junk swapping. Just off the top of my head, people have given away an entire 10 volume set of Sandman, a Wolverine Omnibus, Multiple 9.8 graded books, among other really quality items.

I don't know why you even need to have an opinion, and a ton of hostility, towards something that you don't participate in and as such have absolutely nothing to do with you. It's though as if you are being confrontational for the sake of confrontation.

I don't have any hostility. I just think it is stupid. I've been pretty clear about it from the get go. I get to have an opinion because this is a message board, and it is not governed by junk swapping group-think donkeys.

Mucking with the PL has to do with everyone. Stick around, you may get it someday.