• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$ WTB Ethel Hays line art from the 1920's-1930's
3 3

33 posts in this topic

Looking for Ethel Hays pen and ink art. Specifically interested in he 1920's to 1930's newspaper illustrations and strip art. Focusing on spot illustrations from the Cleveland Press, Strips like "Vic and Ethel", "Ethel", on through to her work for NEA with the "Flapper Fanny Says" single illustration strip.

also interested in tear sheets-clippings of the same work.

If you own any, or know anyone who does, even if it is not for sale, let me know...

top dollar paid for the right stuff!

Still in search of Ethel Hays pen and ink original art from the 20's into the 1940's.

Willing and able to pay well over market value for a nice example of her work.

Someone has to have some or know of someone who has a piece or 2. Even if you have not considered selling, I am a motivated buyer who will make a strong offer on the right art. (and yes, i know there is a head sketch at ebay, my search is for a more significant work. and yes, I've written every dealer i could find).

Also looking for printed copies of her sundays, strips, etc. Even if they are pasted into scrapbooks.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

GabrielV, if you are out there, I sent you a PM.

Also, for anyone else reading this: I am still kicking myself for not continuing to bid up Nell Brinkley that was on Heritage in December. Anyone know anyone who has a nice Brinkley they might part with, let me know. I will make a very strong offer on the right piece. (i know about the ones at ebay).

Hi if you are still interested in Ethel Hays cartoons I can help you. I just found in my collection a Shirley Temple Scrapbook filled with the Flapper Fanny Says, Ethel cartoons, a lot of them are glued to both the front and back page. There are 31 loose cartoons all in excellent condition ( the scrapbook itself has separated itself from the pages, there are about 20 pages. I definitly am interested in selling them. please contact me at 602-615-3903, I am located in AZ. best time to reach me is after 5 or anytime on weekends.

Hi, I have this nice Faith Burrows "Flapper Filosofy" original from 1930, about 3 1/2 X 6 1/2" on card stock, including a replacement title if you choose to frame it. $75 shipped to the US only, please. Great patterned outfit and background upholstery! Click through on the image and use the lower right magnify tool. Some whiteout on the kitty. Best, David S. Albright

<a  href=filosofy001_zps45c183f4.jpg' alt='filoso

Edited by aokartman

I just bought this. Not sure if you have seen it before. Not sure I want to sell it also. Just curious I can't find anything like it on the web. It says 1930 on the bottom. Topic is about Women's suffrage and the clothing they were forced to wear back then. It's interesting for sure.

155877.jpg.a5a2117a9a04552c65e92094676898c9.jpg

Edited by jmdazed

Still searching for Ethel Hays pen and ink Artwork.

Also art by:

Nell Brinkley

Lily Renee

Jill Elgin

Anne Sefon Fish

Helen Stratton

Dorothy Flack

Virginia Sterrett