• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

Folks,

Saw this on Ebay. Read down to inside the eighth paragraph of this listing.

Can't hot link it here for some reason. Title of listing is Amazing Fantasy #15 (Aug 1962, Marvel) NO RESERVE!. Seller is supercop10. Closes July 25, 17:40 PDT

I have reported this as fraud to the Ebay powers that be, but it is still listed and likely to burn hard the winning bidder.

I invite all of you who read this to check it out and act on your conscience.

Cheers!

Streaky

Edited by streaky

Wow to throw in the middle of a Looooong story that this is a reprint is horrible to do to someone. This might be the worst case of fraud in reference to a reprint I have seen, No one is going to read that long story and see that. $3K so far for a $10 book,

"This auction is for a Amazing Fantasy #15 reprint only, this is not the original comic. Pictures that are shown in the picture gallery above do not represent the reprint comic being sold nor do they represent the comic in anyway. Bidder/Buyer accepts that he/she as read the full description/details of this auction listing. Good luck to all bidders! "

so awesome... bury this inside 8 page wikipedia cut and paste.

Step 1. Copy/paste from Wikipedia.

Step 2. Insert small print disclaimer amid wall of text.

Step 3. Take the money and run.

I'm glad it's reported. It should be a no-brainer for eBay. Then again… hm

What is it with North Carolina and comics?

$T2eC16h,!ykE9s7tye9FBR7IEVkJTw~~60_3.JPGhm
There's a deliberate attempt in all the photos to hide the top of the case. There's no reason for me to think the comic in this photo is even the same one as the other photo, especially given that the seller admits none of the photos are the comic being sold.

Yeah, when I saw the image, it actually seemed like the gent holding the AF 15 might be Wally's Comics (nerf) but I'm not sure. The guy behind him is definitely Joey.

The knee-jerk reaction is that this might be a fellow boardie or someone known to the community, but on the flipside, the thought never entered my mind (until reading this thread) that the image was cobbled from a convention thread to make the seller look legit.

Yeah, that's Wally holding the book and Joey in the background.

Definitely, long time boardie. He'll be shocked and either amused or pissed once he stumbles across this. He posted that image here shortly after he bought it, and I'm guessing the guy scamming found it linked here via a Google search.