• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yes, at this point, I'd rather keep the books and not sell them at all.

But I don't want the "buyer" who didn't ever pay for them to 1) be able to "force" me to sell them to him nor 2) get put on the PL myself.

Options?

-slym

30 days after you invoiced him just send him a note saying that due to non-payment and non-response you are releasing him from this purchase, and have taken the book off the market.

Both parties have 30 days to complete the transaction. After the 30 days if the buyer hasnt paid the seller is free to relist/resell the books or whatever (including your desire just to keep them). I'd just send him the notice so your tracks are covered.

Yea I am with Miraclemet. Gotta wait 30 days then you are free to revoke his purchase. Sorry Slym

I agree also with this advice, although it should be said that the 30 day rule defines only the necessary "waiting period" before actions can begin, it is not a limitation on actions thereafter. I'm guessing that is left to common sense and custom, for what they are worth.

In hindsight and future sales, could you not stipulate that "purchases must be paid in full unless other terms have been agreed upon within x number of days. If not, then merchandise may be sold to other buyers after the time period has expired."?

Telerites yes absolutely. I've seen several threads where it states payment must be made in x days. As long as it states that and the person breaks that agreement, you are free to do as you wish. I think of the 30 day rule as a default rule. Unless the parties stipulate otherwise, the 30 day rule is in effect.

Telerites yes absolutely. I've seen several threads where it states payment must be made in x days. As long as it states that and the person breaks that agreement, you are free to do as you wish. I think of the 30 day rule as a default rule. Unless the parties stipulate otherwise, the 30 day rule is in effect.

Yes. Well put.

In response to Zombizzy being taken off of the PL list. I would like to know what the rules are about taking someone off or keeping someone on. The problem I have is that only after months of trying to get this resolved I was only offered a partial refund when I was sold something that was not as described. I had gone weeks sending multiple PM's to him and he had continued to post in the sales forum and never not acknowledging my PM's. When I would get a response back it would be one or two sentences, Id write multiple times and nothing.

Now months later Zombizzy wants to post a sales thread but OOPS someone points out hes on the PL. Then and ONLY THEN does he message me saying he wants to issue a refund because he cant sell any books.

I truly feel like this option would never have been offered if it wasn't something that was working in his favor (so he could post more sales).

At this point I don't even care I'm going to post the exchange and timeframe between Zombizzy and myself. I really dislike this guy and don't want him being able to sell to anyone else on these forums. I understand a refund was offered only about a week ago from an issue that has been ongoing since March/April. I don't do business this way and I would never give my consent for someone else to do business this way on the forums by allowing him off the PL list.

Zombizzy/A.romeo Timeline

3/19/13 - Aromeo- received the books today, there are at least two nicks on the spine of the book that I can noticeably see. The rest of the book looks good but those are probably going to bring the

3/20 Zombizzy -oh, man. which book is it? i want to check my pictures.

3/20 Aromeo -TOT #1

4/7 Aromeo -You never got back to me about the books you said you were going to look at the pictures that you had. Do you want me to send pix of what I'm talking about? Will you accept a return/refund.

4/15 Aromeo - I see your posting on other posts on the forums but cannot get back to me about the books. I will have you know that I had someone else message me about you asking if I had received books I purchased from you. I would appreciate a reply to the pictures you have of the books you sent me and if you would like I'll send you pictures of what I received.

4/17 Zombizzy posts the original picture he had up in the For Sale forum and says the following - by the way, my last post was april 12th, i was out of town, so i don;t know who you've seen posting with my name around here.

4/17 Aromeo - Clearly the book cannot get a 9.8 as you said in your msg's to me that they should have no problem. These marks were not something from shipping either this should have been something that you can easily noticed before shipping as well. These are two different chips in the spine as you can see by the positioning of the cover art. - At this point I posted pictures of the nicks in the spine of the book

4/19 Zombizzy - after discussing a bit in the boards and asking people for some suggestions, i can offer you a partial refund, you can keep the books and i'll get you $20 for your troubles. my books are always taken care of and this one was no exception, i can assure you that if that picture is indeed the book i sent you, the damage was done during shipping.

let me know what you think, i'd like to resolve this matter as soon as possible and it would be cool of you to let everyone know once we're over this.

4/19 ARomeo - Id rather do a full return/refund as the books aren't worth anything to me if I can't grade them as possible 9.8's. The books in 9.2-9.4 range go for about $90 (combined) and that's already graded. For me to get my money back I have to pay to get them slabbed ($30 each) adding $60 + $95 = $155 in my expenses. Id be willing to meet in the middle with you and will go $40 as an acceptable refund. I can only hope the book goes up in value to get back what I have into it.

I assure you though that the books I sent you pictures of are indeed the books I received in the mail. I am not here on these boards to scam anyone but I also am not looking to get scammed by anyone. I don't see how one book could have been damaged in shipping and the other wasn't. There would have been dents or bends in the spine I would think.

Anyway I appreciate you finally getting back to me and trying to get to an agreement on what we can do. Again I have no problem sending the books back for a full refund as well.

**At this point I was willing to just say "OK" its been almost a month but I just want to get it resolved.**

5/11 (now mad at the lack of response) - Aromeo - if you ever show up posting on these boards again, I'll be sure to let everyone know that you are ignoring my messages and will not take a refund on the books. I will keep at this until you accept a full refund or get you on the HOS list.

5/21 - i did offer a partial refund for your book, how come you won't do that?

sorry i had been out so long with last semester of university and all.

5/21 - Aromeo -the books are not what I wanted or what you advertised them as. You said they were 9.8 and they are definitely not. I buy books to get them graded and I would never send these to get graded as they would come back well below a 9.8. You know that you tried to pull a fast one on someone from the boards and to use these boards in that way will absolutely ruin your credibility. I had more than one person msg me about you and issues they had. Your reputation is already on decline. This situation has been well over 2 months and is still not resolved. Not the way to handle business.

5/22 - Zombizzy - i didn't try to pull anything and that's the best i can do.

5/22 Aromeo - good I dare you to try to sell books on here then. I will be sure everyone knows what kind of scam artist you are

5/23 - Zombizzy - what's the deal? i'm offering a partial refund and you're still trying to take me down.

5/23 - Aromeo - I don't want a partial refund, the books aren't what I wanted. I'm not sure how many different ways I can say this and I'm tired of getting nowhere on this situation. You are handling it the only way you can and if a full refund isn't in the cards then I'll do what I have to do just as you have to do what you have to do

A MONTH LATER 6/26 - Zombizzy - i just came up with a little money from an ebay sale and since it was a bit of a rough one, i now see this is the best place to move my books. even though i really think you insulted me, calling me a scammer of sorts, i am ready to give you that refund you asked for on account that i would like to be removed from the probation list.

it bothers me that people now think i'm some kind of charlatan based on a misunderstanding and your attempts to take me out.

i am offering you a full refund if you return the books and we can both go our own ways. i do this because i want to continue being a part of a community that i find unique and place where i can come learn about a hobby i love the most, comics. i hope i can right my wrongs here and build enough trust again at some point where i won't be ridiculed every time i make a post on the boards.

please message me back with your thoughts on moving forward on this

7-5 Zombizzy - bump to get off PL

7/5 Aromeo - its funny how you ignore me but now that you want something you are bumping up my messages, when all I wanted was a refund in the first place and then you let my messages go for weeks at a time without contacting me at all, while you were still posting on the boards. This is not how you should do business and I will not help you get off of the Probation List. I wouldn't want someone like you being able to sell to someone on these boards with the way you handled our transaction.

7/6 Zombizzy - just doing what I have to get off that PL

You can all be the judge and jury on this one. I don't feel comfortable sending the books back for a full refund at this point as I don't want to vouch for him that he is a stand up seller in this community. He will absolutely try to scam others out of money on these boards and I don't want to be the one responsible for it by getting him released from PL.

so here's the story.

mid-march i sold a.romeo two books advertised as nm. he asked if they were 9.8 worthy and i told him yes they were. after the transaction was completed i received a message saying that one of the books was over graded. after exchanging photos i claimed it was probably a shipping defect as the pictures did not match mine. after some debating i finally offered a partial refund for the damaged book, but he would not take it. i said that was the best i could do and he still refused. ten days ago i offered a full refund for the books i sold him and did not get a response until today when i bumped the private message.

/end story

So you had a problem 4 months ago and you just offered a full refund 10 days ago?

Why did it take you so long?

:golfclap: (thumbs u ^^ EXACTLY!

so here's the story.

mid-march i sold a.romeo two books advertised as nm. he asked if they were 9.8 worthy and i told him yes they were. after the transaction was completed i received a message saying that one of the books was over graded. after exchanging photos i claimed it was probably a shipping defect as the pictures did not match mine. after some debating i finally offered a partial refund for the damaged book, but he would not take it. i said that was the best i could do and he still refused. ten days ago i offered a full refund for the books i sold him and did not get a response until today when i bumped the private message.

/end story

So you had a problem 4 months ago and you just offered a full refund 10 days ago?

Why did it take you so long?

Better late than never? :shrug:

I dunno, I was kind of figuring it was going to be never until he had trouble starting a sales thread.

I thought MAYBE there was another reason;)? so I was curious:)

I was also thinking the same thing...I had already brushed it off as a lost cause, and at this point I have seen too many sketchy issues with this seller. I've even got PM's asking me about him ... blocking out CGC Serial #'s in his most recent sales thread (other than to setup a scam) why do that?

The thing is, the PL is supposed to be temporary. If you want him on a list permanently, nominate him for the HoS.

Also, remember that if he's taken off the list, there will still be posts in that thread with his name on them.

So here is my 2c . A.romeo stated earlier on that he wanted a full refund to fix the issue. Eventually Zombizzy offered a full refund. That is enough to close the PL issue (once it is actually done). I understand that A.Romeo is annoyed that it took so long for Zombizzy to do that (approximately 3 months) and that he only did it because he was being thread blocked by being on the PL but that is what the point of the PL is, to induce people to act correctly and to fix mistakes to make aggrieved parties whole. So A.romeo should send back the books and Zombizzy should do a full refund including the cost to ship back (normally I would not include this but given his extreme delay in fixing the issue he should make A.Romeo 100% whole as if he never bothered with his sale in the 1st place.) There is nothing stoping A.Romeo from nominating Zombizzy for HoS but he should be removed from the PL if he does a 100% refund. Hope this helps.

I just want to comment on the Zombizzy / A Romeo Case.

A Romeo, it cost you $30 to slab a TOT #1? Isn't that a $17 slab fee?

that in itself makes me not want to side with you.

I think if the book arrived in 9.2 condition there isn't an issue.

I guess Zombizzy grades arn't CGC reliable. I don't think its the end of the world and think taking him off the PL would be positive for everyone. (especially since he's given you a full refund)

2c

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

I guess Zombizzy grades arn't CGC reliable. I don't think its the end of the world and think taking him off the PL would be positive for everyone. (especially since he's given you a full refund)

2c

I use Fast Track Jimmy which is $28 + $5 handling fee + shipping fees adds up to more than $30 per book to be honest, so your correct I was off on my price. I appreciate your opinion and if the community wants him selling on the boards that's fine, but I promise there will be other issues with him. I know I wont ever buy from him again. And I honestly don't trust in shipping the books back for fear that I will not get a refund or it will take months to get that back as its not worth the hassle

I have to agree with the last 3 posters. The Probation List is a temporary thing but only if there is an ammicable conclusion (which in this case there could be). The buyer is pissed (and I completely understand why) but I don't think it's HOS worthy. That's normally for repeat offenders or for other major screwings. The seller should offer a full refund and the buyer should send the books back.

Edited by Shark

2c

and he HASN'T given me a full refund, its only been offered to me after months of me asking for one because he couldn't sell his books without being called out for being on the PL. This is someone you side with and want to do business with? I question your judgement