• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Some guy was selling his Uncle's comic collection that he inherited, 50 cents a book.

I picked up about 300 books in total. Lots of 70s Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics and Brave & The Bold.

In the same lot, got a bunch of key issues too, in 8 - 9.4 Condition.

Secret Wars #8, New Teen Titans #2, Wolverine #1, lots of Mcfarlane Spider-Mans, Dark Phoenix X-Men, Captain Marvels. Lots of good stuff.

I recently saw a Craigslist posting from a local antique store that said they had some comic books for sale for $2 each and since I had some spare time I went to check it out. Most of the books were Copper and Modern drek but they did have some cool Copper Sgt. Rock books and a nice copy of Infinity Gauntlet #1. I went up to the counter to pay and they said they had some older books behind the counter if I was interested. It was a nice selection of Silver Age books but most were in low grade condition with high grade prices. That is until I spotted this book, my jaw dropped and I paid as fast as I could and practically ran out of the store. Sometimes Craigslist postings do pan out.

OurArmyatWar81_zpsd08f15b5.jpg

Now that is too cool.

:applause:

I recently saw a Craigslist posting from a local antique store that said they had some comic books for sale for $2 each and since I had some spare time I went to check it out. Most of the books were Copper and Modern drek but they did have some cool Copper Sgt. Rock books and a nice copy of Infinity Gauntlet #1. I went up to the counter to pay and they said they had some older books behind the counter if I was interested. It was a nice selection of Silver Age books but most were in low grade condition with high grade prices. That is until I spotted this book, my jaw dropped and I paid as fast as I could and practically ran out of the store. Sometimes Craigslist postings do pan out.

OurArmyatWar81_zpsd08f15b5.jpg

Now that is too cool.

:applause:

I'd pay just to see your "erm, cool, yawn... Ill take it" reaction :-D

A friend (and boardie) told me about a huge 80s indy collection at a flea market. Like 25 boxes.

Nothing was boarded, some not even bagged. I didn't expect much. Sure makes it hard as hell to look through too.

But one of the 1st books I pulled was Miracleman 15 (1st quarter of a box). Simply couldn't believe it. And in SUPER nice shape.

Continued and pulled Grendel (1st series) #1, 2, 3.

Checked out a huge pile of unbagged Marvel comics. Almost everything was trashed. But one gem was sitting in the middle. New Mutants 98. And it is in immaculate condition.

How the hell anything survived was surprising. I think the volume of books was the saving grace.

Ended up getting Miracleman 1 thru 19. Took 4 hours, but they were spread throughout. Too bad the Gaimans weren't present, but that's okay. There were some Warrior magazines too.

A bunch of the Alan Moore Swamp Things. Nearly all of the 20s & 30s in really high grade.

TONS of Dave Stevens 80s work.

Even picked up some oddities. I know they aren't worth anything, but cool nonetheless. Mage #1 (1st series), Grimjack #1, Airboy #1 thru 7, Total Eclipse, and so on. Even a 1st appearance Spider-woman.

It was good times.

Pat

A friend (and boardie) told me about a huge 80s indy collection at a flea market. Like 25 boxes.

Nothing was boarded, some not even bagged. I didn't expect much. Sure makes it hard as hell to look through too.

But one of the 1st books I pulled was Miracleman 15 (1st quarter of a box). Simply couldn't believe it. And in SUPER nice shape.

Checked out a huge pile of unbagged Marvel comics. Almost everything was trashed. But one gem was sitting in the middle. New Mutants 98. And it is in immaculate condition.

How the hell anything survived was surprising. I think the volume of books was the saving grace.

Ended up getting Miracleman 1 thru 19. Took 4 hours, but they were spread throughout. Too bad the Gaimans weren't present, but that's okay. There were some Warrior magazines too.

A bunch of the Alan Moore Swamp Things. Nearly all of the 20s & 30s in really high grade.

Even picked up some oddities. I know they aren't worth anything, but cool nonetheless. Mage #1 (1st series), Grimjack #1, Airboy #1 thru 7, Total Eclipse, and so on. Even a 1st appearance Spider-woman.

It was good times.

Pat

Usually in a collection that big, you're bound to find some treasure if you have the patience. Way to go! (thumbs u

Some guy was selling his Uncle's comic collection that he inherited, 50 cents a book.

I picked up about 300 books in total. Lots of 70s Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics and Brave & The Bold.

Secret Wars #8, New Teen Titans #2, Wolverine #1, lots of Mcfarlane Spider-Mans, Dark Phoenix X-Men, Captain Marvels. Lots of good stuff.

pics?

pics?

Sure, will snap some pics when I get home tonight.

I'm picking up another box after work, which the seller described as

"There are 73 issues, dating from late 60's to early 70's....avengers, defenders, spider-man, fantastic four, thor, iron man to name a few."

So fingers crossed that there is some treasure in there as well.

i really miss out on stuff like this, these finds are few and far between in UK

Is this because comic collecting is less prevalent there, or because England has less of a hoarding problem?

Canadians seem to love filling their basements and garages with stuff.

It was good times.

Pat

Usually in a collection that big, you're bound to find some treasure if you have the patience. Way to go! (thumbs u

There were other interesting books. A bunch of Eagle Judge Dread, tons of 2000 AD papers, One-Fisted Tales (giggitty), Willingham's Elementals, tons of later Grendels, and so on.

Guy obviously liked Alan Moore. Good taste.

Always makes me wonder what other people got before.

Pat

I don't recall seeing that title. Is it good?

Funniest part, they still had about an hour till closing. But he wanted to leave. So he asked me to stop looking. Even with a gigantic stack. Which if I was selling means more & more cash. I started thinking, what is the purpose of being there if not to sell?

Pat

It's pretty good, an anthology of self publish guys. It's still ongoing but the 80's and 90's issues are impossible to find. I'm looking for one in particular but I'd love to find any issue I don't have.

There is a local shop with a TON of indy stuff. It's a pain in the arse to look thru. But I was thinking of taking the trip this weekend, so I'll see if he has your books. Because the books are such a pain to get to, most of the boxes haven't even been touched in over a decade or more.

Pat

It was good times.

Pat

There were other interesting books. A bunch of Eagle Judge Dread, tons of 2000 AD papers, One-Fisted Tales (giggitty), Willingham's Elementals, tons of later Grendels, and so on.

Guy obviously liked Alan Moore. Good taste.

Always makes me wonder what other people got before.

Pat

Hey - I could really use a high grade Elementals 1. PM me.

Funniest part, they still had about an hour till closing. But he wanted to leave. So he asked me to stop looking. Even with a gigantic stack. Which if I was selling means more & more cash. I started thinking, what is the purpose of being there if not to sell?

Pat

Maybe he got a booty call.

-slym

Went to a garage sale today where it stated on the ad they had a comic collection for sale. They had about 5,000 comics but everything was 1994+. Guy said he wanted around 4k for everything which seemed extremely high but he let me pick some things out. Spent about an hour looking so I'm sure I missed some stuff but I ended up getting deadpool 40-69 of the first series, nyx 3, amazing spider-man 30-50 vol 2, and batman 608-619. I think I made out pretty well since almost everything is 9.2+ and I paid $120. He said he would call me about the whole collection if he really needed to get rid of it.

Started out this morning going to a local garage sale where I picked up this for a buck:

Transformers1NM2009Hasbroreprint_zps98f513d9.jpg

Transformers #1 (2009 Hasbro reprint). Anybody know anything about this? Any value to it? (shrug)

Left there and went to two local flea markets and antique shows. Found nothing at the flea market but then found this bad boy at the antique show for a VERY good price:

NewMutants98NM1stDeadpool_zpsb7a7404f.jpg

I also took some pics of various toys at the antique show. I've been watching the Toy Hunter series on TV lately and am getting interested in possibly branching out to more toys. Have to learn more about them first. Anybody know much about the Star War stuff posted here?

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots

RockEmSockEmRobots_zps07f2e2ca.jpg

Hulk figure (Mego Hulk?)

Hulk_zps4be8a4ff.jpg

Star Wars Toys

StarWarsDeathStarSpaceStation1_zps6da0a529.jpg

StarWarsDeathStarSpaceStation2_zpsf232a7a7.jpg

StarWarsMilleniumFalconNIB_zps13c4cdb8.jpg

StarWarsRebelTransport_zpsec359c18.jpg

StarWarsRebelTransport_zpsec359c18.jpg

I still wasn't done. Stopped at a place that I thought I would never go to again. Place used to be a dump but it's a lot better now. Decided to stop in and picked up a few classic comics:

Wyatt Earp #3 (Atlas, 1956)

Horny Biker Sluts #1 in VF/NM

Verotika #3 NM (Frank Frazetta cover)

Wendy Whitebread, Undercover Slut #1 NM+

Classics for sure! lol